how do u do it? (water intake)

2»

Replies

• leew88
    leew88 Posts: 62 Member
    I have a 1 litre shaker and 1 litre water bottle, either is always with me, normally the shaker. I just sip for fun, go through a fair few refills daily
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    It's easier for me because I have a 74oz bottle that I use. I usually drink 3 of those per day. Sometimes more, sometimes a little less.
  • jonlfischer
    jonlfischer Posts: 171 Member
    I carry a gallon jug around with me.
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    I mostly drink water and thought I wasn't doing to well in the beginning when I started tracking it. One day it dawned on me to measure the amount of water that my cups and containers hold. Most of the time, the "cup" I am using holds more than 8 oz. I was actually drinking more than I thought!

I am also thirsty all the time and carry water with me everywhere.
  • sammama5
    sammama5 Posts: 92 Member
    A good rule of thumb I learned from a dietition is to take your weight, cut it in half, and make it ounces. So, someone who weighs 150 should drink 75 oz. Someone who weighs 200, should drink 100 oz.
    Obviously, that does include liquids from other foods, but the bulk of it should be clear for good kidney health.
    I made myself start drinking only water (except my morning coffee ;-) ) last year, even if I didn't feel like it. Now, it's just a habit and I drink at least 10 glasses a day.
    I don't know if you have trouble keeping to your calorie goal or not, but drinking water is a great way to help with that, too.
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Every meal and every snack I drink a glass, that's a rule. That's automatically 6 glasses a day for me without any effort because its imprinted into my brain. Then I try to down at least 2 during my workout each day giving me a grand total of 8.

Cold water is great, you will want to drink it before its gets warm.

I just recently bought an insulated water bottle online and I'm hoping that will help me to drink more water too.

I've been trying to do this also - drink a glass as soon as I get up and before every meal. Bob from the Biggest Loser was also talking about drinking a glass of water before each meal to help fill you up and keep you hydrated. I also sometimes add the flavored drops into the water if I feel like I'm having trouble getting all 8 glasses in.
  • Rhayemun
    Rhayemun Posts: 31 Member
    I drink 4 liters a day. 1 liter right when I wake in the morning. 1 liter every 4 hours while I'm at work and 1 liter by the end of dinner :) I live in the desert though so the air is very dry. In the winter I was drinking only 3 liters.
  • thebejota
    thebejota Posts: 8 Member
    I do the same thing with my 32oz Sigg bottle. Fill it up in the morning before I go workout. Make sure it is empty before I get to work and keep it full as much as possible. When I get home, I change it up to lemonade and an occasional beer.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 730 Member
    I have a water bottle that holds 4c and I make sure I have it with me at all times. I am thirsty almost all the time as well. There are days where when I am at my desk I will have my water bottle right in front of my mouth and just sip on it while I am surfing the internet. I don't even think about it half the time. Took me a few days to be able to drink more than 4c without feeling like I was going to explode though lol.
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    There are zero cal low/no sodium water flavorings like Mio out there. I love them. Right now I can drink water and its no problem, but I used to get sick drinking so much water. Or use fresh fruits to flavor your water-- oranges, cucumber and mint/w lemon, etc. If you have pintrest they usually have tons of natural flavoring ideas. Set goals for yourself. I also keep a bottle of water with me where ever I may go, it reminds me that I need to drink it. I think I am up to 10 cups a day now.

I also don't allow myself to have any coffee in the mornings unless I have already had 2-3 cups of water.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Black and green tea, coffee less often, and I keep a cup of water at my desk and sip at it frequently until it's gone, then fill it up and start again. I get more than 8 glasses easy.
  • Guinness80
    Guinness80 Posts: 39 Member
    I always carry water with me and it seems now that my current 20 oz glass has a straw I am drinking way more. Not sure what it is about straws?
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    I have 3 water bottles kept filled and cold in the refrigerator.Each bottle holds 2 cups of water. I have 5 rubber bands divided among the bottles and as I drink a bottle I remove the rubber band. This way I can keep count of my water intake. I start my day with a cup of warm lemon water and drink an entire bottle of water before I exercise. After exercising a have a protein shake for breakfast followed by a cup of black coffee. I have no problem getting all my water because if I am not done before I log off for the day I will stand there and drink what remains.
  • unbalanced1
    unbalanced1 Posts: 12 Member
    I mix it with Walmart Kool Aid.
  • I used to never drink enough water, but my fix was really simple: I stopped drinking anything else. I allow myself a cup (sometimes two) of black coffee in the morning, then keep my water bottle beside me all day. I was drinking so much soda before that liquid consumption was already a habit; I just needed to change the liquid.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    For some reason, if there's a water bottle with a straw that sticks out of it...I'm more likely to grab it and drink.

Also, for me, water that is close to room temperature goes down so easy that I will chug a whole glass of it...but cold water, I just sip. Actually, I kinda love it when my water has been sitting in my car on a warm day!
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 730 Member
    I have 3 water bottles kept filled and cold in the refrigerator.Each bottle holds 2 cups of water. I have 5 rubber bands divided among the bottles and as I drink a bottle I remove the rubber band. This way I can keep count of my water intake. I start my day with a cup of warm lemon water and drink an entire bottle of water before I exercise. After exercising a have a protein shake for breakfast followed by a cup of black coffee. I have no problem getting all my water because if I am not done before I log off for the day I will stand there and drink what remains.

I love the rubber band idea. I have marks on my bottle but even the permanent marker still rubs off.
  • Keep in mind that we're measuring a cup of water as 8 oz.!! That helps a lot
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    If you aren't used to doing it then give yourself time to develop the habit. Try adding flavor to it like lemon, fruit, Crystal Light, cucumbers, etc. Secondly, it is important to keep your body hydrated but this can come sources other than plain water like green tea, fruits, and veggies.
    This

Just have to get to that point where it is just a habit. I use to only drink soda, energy drinks and tea. Now water is the only thing I drink besides my fruit smoothie in the morning and that is only frozen fruit and water. I do stil have a tea every once in awhile but that is when I noticed the weight coming off was when I started drinking ALOT of water