Is MFP used as a dating site?

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Like a previous poster said, if it has forums and private messaging, it can be used that way. Even cooking sites :laugh:
  • morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Hmmm...every girl I've messaged has said it isn't.

so sad... :(

maybe start a new site

myfitnessFpal
  • vinniesooner
    vinniesooner Posts: 119 Member
    Well, we are all here for the same reason...

To get laid.

This is why I'm glad we're friends!
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    The amount of amazing and inspiring women I've seen on MFP are exponential.

The amount of dates I've had because of MFP 0

I'd have to say the potential for a date is here in the pixelated pages of MFP, but the means is not.

It still feels VERY nice to have amazing people cheering me on (and vice versa). It gives me hope that maybe someday I'll meet someone locally who will inspire and cheer just as wholeheartedly.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    no luck yesterday???
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    I use it for *kitten* purposes only.
  • mikedenali
    mikedenali Posts: 181 Member
    Well, we are all here for the same reason...

To get laid.

Whaaaat!!! :huh: :devil:
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    I have been on here for a few years. It was never my intention for it to be a "dating site" and yet a year ago I sent a friend request and ended up meeting my soon to be husband! So yea it can happen :)
    ^ This
    <~~ met him here two years ago. Love of my life. :heart:
    I have on my profile that I am married and it seems a lot of people don't care. So yeah, I think that some people use it as a dating site.
    ^ Also this

Both of our profiles specifically state that we are in a relationship with each other yet people do not respect it. Even people that are/were friends with both of us. :noway:
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    no luck yesterday???
    Apparently not!
    And now OP wants PICTURES!!! Even though, they don't have one of themselves up.
    This = no logic. :|
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    I have been on here for a few years. It was never my intention for it to be a "dating site" and yet a year ago I sent a friend request and ended up meeting my soon to be husband! So yea it can happen :)
    WOW....good for you...Congratulations! I'm sure most people are just here for fitness/weight loss support, but you just never know where you'll meet someone :heart: (I met mine in a tire store waiting room :ohwell:).
  • ackman2002
    ackman2002 Posts: 69 Member
    i'm sure it's not on purpose...but you meet like-minded people and then things happen....
  • dblaacker
    dblaacker Posts: 153 Member
    I used to be on OKCupid. I ended up meeting my boyfriend at a local event in town, but it would be entertaining if MFP had quizzes and things similar to OKC. What if people could be matched online to be fitness buddies, based on physical similarities and similar goals?! That would be damn cool.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Well, is it? I have had friends tell me they have found plenty of people to message… privately and discreetly with pictures, etc.

Yes... MFP really means... well, I can't tell you what the "F" means.
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    I admit, I've had this happen to me before on here.... until I show them a picture of my prosthetic leg. That has most of them running! :laugh:
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Well, is it? I have had friends tell me they have found plenty of people to message… privately and discreetly with pictures, etc.

Oh, that's how dating sites are supposed to work? Here I've been sending true conversational messages to men and posting respectable photos that don't lead to public embarrassment. I didn't realize I was supposed to be sending nudes and dirty messages to strangers thousands of miles away.

What a weird and oversexualized definition of "dating".
  • GabriellaMaria
    GabriellaMaria Posts: 150 Member
    If my inbox is anything to judge by, the answer is "NO". smiley-sad030.gif
    aw thomas... chin up mate... am sure the paleo girl could help with that!!lololol!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :tongue: :happy: :wink: :drinker:
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member

Oh, that's how dating sites are supposed to work? Here I've been sending true conversational messages to men and posting respectable photos that don't lead to public embarrassment. I didn't realize I was supposed to be sending nudes and dirty messages to strangers thousands of miles away.

What a weird and oversexualized definition of "dating".

Think of it as speed dating