Is MFP used as a dating site?

Replies

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    I am curious how you know what goes on in SAHM's inboxes, mmmmkay?

Be curious all you want... I don't need to explain anything to you :-)

Because you can't?

Or because you don't want us to know about that one time you were feeling really lonely...
  • _Lovely77_
    _Lovely77_ Posts: 993 Member
    Sorry, I was putting my two cents in cuz it was sounding a bit once sided saying that being married and on this site is a bad thing. :indifferent:

Understandable, but no, I wasn't saying being married is bad. I am just saying most of the women participating in the discreet coital behavior are married... not that most of the married women are participating lol... so guys realize that being married isn't a redline with a lot of the women on here, so they advance regardless.

This is just getting a little hard for me to follow. You said that you know most of the women participating in the discreet coital behavior are married, you also mentioned that you meant private messages not innocent flirting that goes on in hot or not threads. But if it's private and discreet how do you know who is participating let alone which of those participants are married or not? Either 1) you really don't know and instead are assuming which would bring up that stereotype of "Desperate Housewives" you used earlier or 2) you're the other participant in those private messages/discreet coital behaviors/cheating/dating on MFP?

There's a lot of "private" affairs that happen on here that eventually get out through the grapevine, usually when one of the parties gets caught or finally fesses up to their SO. I've seen it happen when the person's SO was even on MFP and friends with the other parties involved. I think those kinds of people are going to do questionable things regardless, MFP is just an easy means to do so.

^ right, but we are talking about MOST of those private message participants being married, not that it can or has happened. The argument he is making is that most people who get involved here on MFP are married women, IE Desperate Housewives, also failed to mention that the men they are talking to are likely married themselves. It is however, a big assumption to say all if they are discreet and private and for the many that do become public knowledge there are thousands more that are not so no one can actually say most of the participants are married.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    She didn't quote you, so it is POSSIBLE that she wasn't directing her comments to you specifically.

I am married, my husband is on this site, commenting in this very thread. I still have fun in the chit chat section. That's what it is designed for.

Also completely missed the point... What I am referring to happens in private. I am not talking about stupid flirting in the "hot or not" threads... So you can take your aggressive tone and twist it anyway you want :-)

Ermmmm would we call that aggressive?

Clearly, I am the "aggressive" on in this thread.
    Luckily some people like that.... :wink:

I'm quite up front about the fact that I'm happily married. I also have a pervy sense of humor. For me, PMing would probably feel like crossing a line, but the hubby fully supports the public posting of "progress" shots for admiration. Unfortunately, at this point in time my employer would probably feel differently so......

Either way, as an adult on an adult forum, use it in whatever manner works best for you, there's more than enough people using the site, your chances of finding at least a few like minded individuals should be pretty good.
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    I'm only here for a pm affair!
  • WanderingPomme
    WanderingPomme Posts: 601 Member
    *blows out the cobwebs and dust from her inbox*

I see I've been missing out.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    It is...and you think you're having a good decent conversation with someone about healthy eating, weightloss and staying motivated and then they ask if you have a boyfriend and you answer honestly and the encouraging messages stop! lol

This is pretty much how it works anywhere :angry:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Isn't that what we are all here for?

You are late to that party.
    Sorry, I was busy doing important stuff until now, like eating bacon.

Not taking nudez to send me?
  • PRMinx
    The real question is, are people using protection? You don't want your inbox to catch something...:noway:
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Sorry, I was putting my two cents in cuz it was sounding a bit once sided saying that being married and on this site is a bad thing. :indifferent:

Understandable, but no, I wasn't saying being married is bad. I am just saying most of the women participating in the discreet coital behavior are married... not that most of the married women are participating lol... so guys realize that being married isn't a redline with a lot of the women on here, so they advance regardless.

This is just getting a little hard for me to follow. You said that you know most of the women participating in the discreet coital behavior are married, you also mentioned that you meant private messages not innocent flirting that goes on in hot or not threads. But if it's private and discreet how do you know who is participating let alone which of those participants are married or not? Either 1) you really don't know and instead are assuming which would bring up that stereotype of "Desperate Housewives" you used earlier or 2) you're the other participant in those private messages/discreet coital behaviors/cheating/dating on MFP?

There's a lot of "private" affairs that happen on here that eventually get out through the grapevine, usually when one of the parties gets caught or finally fesses up to their SO. I've seen it happen when the person's SO was even on MFP and friends with the other parties involved. I think those kinds of people are going to do questionable things regardless, MFP is just an easy means to do so.

It seems to me that the the terms flirting and dating are getting mixed up. Flirting through PM and sending noodz (appropriate or not) does not equal dating.
  • _Lovely77_
    The real question is, are people using protection? You don't want your inbox to catch something...:noway:

hahahhaha :laugh:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member

F*cking viruses. Even a trojan wrapper and antibiotics can't help you!
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member

ROFL :drinker:
  • bcoop911
    bcoop911 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Because you can't?

Or because you don't want us to know about that one time you were feeling really lonely...

Because, I don't feel the need to explain anything to you... simple as that... :-) keep trying to pick though
  • krash999
    krash999 Posts: 476 Member
    ... i could use a date. someone hit me up lol.

how you doin.... :flowerforyou::laugh: i think lots of us on this site could use a date.... i know i could.... but i doubt that will happen....:grumble: one day though it might. :happy:
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Wasn't there a version of MFP that was uncensored or something? OP should try that site.
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • _Lovely77_

It seems to me that the the terms flirting and dating are getting mixed up. Flirting through PM and sending noodz (appropriate or not) does not equal dating.

^ this, I agree. I am not using these terms to equate my meaning of "dating" just repeating the words already put in place to drive my point home... I def agree that "dating" can be subjective but pictures and flirting really isn't to be confused with it.
  • anissa333
    anissa333 Posts: 175 Member
    I think people can turn any site into a dating site lol...where there is a will there is a way!!:laugh:
  • PRMinx

F*cking viruses. Even a trojan wrapper and antibiotics can't help you!

Nope. And it really sucks when your hard drive crashes mid-session.