Do you get hit on?

Replies

• Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    I think I'd have a little better luck if the younger guys were around the cardio equipment instead of ONLY the weights. Wiping down benches aren't nearly as suggestive as wiping down upright handlebars on ellipticals...

Four words:

Dumbbell
    Bent over
    Rows
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member
    I work at a car dealership with a bunch of old creepy men. It's a daily thing.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    I think I'd have a little better luck if the younger guys were around the cardio equipment instead of ONLY the weights. Wiping down benches aren't nearly as suggestive as wiping down upright handlebars on ellipticals...

I have to admit, I have admired the technique of a couple of ladies in the gym as they wipe down the handles of the arc trainer.

That's what comes to mind EVERY.SINGLE.TIME I wipe down a machine.
  • nurit1979
    nurit1979 Posts: 88 Member
    I work in a pediatrics clinic. I either tend to get hit on by moms, or so-young-it's-not-even-funny. The most recent, and worst, was a 4yr old who approached me while I was entering vitals into the computer. She began rubbing my arm and, no joke, said, "When I'm older I can do what I want with you."

I felt so... violated. My wife thought it was hysterical when I told her. Even thinking about it now, though, I want a shower.

Kids say the darnedest things!
  • The_GingerBeard_Man
    The_GingerBeard_Man Posts: 197 Member
    Online I do sometimes, and I take that for a win. IRL not so much...

Well except for the occasional gay guys. They seem to be a bit more brazen. The compliments are nice, even if I don’t swing that way, it is nice to know someone is looking.

Closest from a lady this year was when an inebriated woman fell into me at my friends’ band’s show last weekend. She apologized to me, and squeezed my arm. Then she “fell” into me again, and hugged me while pressing off two quick pecks into my neck. She stood back up, smiled, squeezed my hand then stumbled off. I totally counted that as her making a pass at me. It made my whole night, even though I was not interested.
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member

I have to admit, I have admired the technique of a couple of ladies in the gym as they wipe down the handles of the arc trainer.

I prefer when they turn back to look at me while they're just going up and down on that thing.
  • skeo
    skeo Posts: 471 Member
    I never get hit on, lol I have a "beeotch" face on and always seem to mean mug or frown naturally, doesn't bug me though; I'm happily married and don't want to be bothered 99% of the time.
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member

I work in office with all engineers and I'm not sure they have relized I'm female. :noway:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    ALL THE TIME! I have to beat them back with a stick.

Same here, I'm not even joking, the women just throw themselves at me. It's a hard life to live!

^True story with this guy! :wink:
  • SGM_Adonis
    SGM_Adonis Posts: 1,565 Member

I work in office with all engineers and I'm not sure they have relized I'm female. :noway:

Bahaahaha...I work with a bunch of engineers. Your statement echoes down our hallways.
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Women on MFP are generous and kind. The real world is a much more desolate place :/
  • fauxpunker
    fauxpunker Posts: 59 Member
    I work in a pediatrics clinic. I either tend to get hit on by moms, or so-young-it's-not-even-funny. The most recent, and worst, was a 4yr old who approached me while I was entering vitals into the computer. She began rubbing my arm and, no joke, said, "When I'm older I can do what I want with you."

I felt so... violated. My wife thought it was hysterical when I told her. Even thinking about it now, though, I want a shower.

Kids say the darnedest things!

*shudders*
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I do get flirted with and asked out. I am friendly. Also, I don't always wear a wedding ring because I don't wear jewelry when I'm dancing and I'm dancing all the time.
  • silver_arrow3

Four words:

Dumbbell
    Bent over
    Rows

I do them, but there hasn't been any flocking in my general direction. Or eyes, that I've noticed. Shame.
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member

They should! Look at all that gorgeous hair!

And yes, you can say you've been hit on today :flowerforyou:
  • silver_arrow3
    ALL THE TIME! I have to beat them back with a stick.

Same here, I'm not even joking, the women just throw themselves at me. It's a hard life to live!

I apologize, but I can't help myself. I'm sorry if that makes your life difficult.
  • RealRelicVa
    RealRelicVa Posts: 34 Member
    Only by bigger women when I get a haircut and smell like steak or chicken.
  • pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    OP, sounds like the story of my life! I am also married, but even when I was single I never got hit on. I'm an attractive person and I am in the normal weight range for my height, but I think I come across as snobby. I have the renowned "resting b*tch face" so it looks like I'm mad when I'm not! I do, however, have a nice butt and have seen many guys checking me out. I'm a definite introvert and I think people assume I'm stuck-up when actually I'm just shy and socially awkward. :blushing:
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    I think a lot of it has to do with your willingness to make eye contact.

^ Very true. I tend to avoid eye contact at all costs, lol.

21525558.png
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Maybe it's the wedding ring?