Cookie Dough Baked Oatmeal with pics!!!

Replies

• lovep90x
    lovep90x Posts: 65 Member
    I am really looking forward to trying this! Thanks for sharing :)
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    We loved this the first time, so we made this again today and tried a few different things.

I toasted my oatmeal before hand at 350 for about 10 minutes. It dried it out a bit, which was good b/c I was trying to see if I could make the end result a little bit crunchier. ( We loved the original recipe, but I love to cook, so we were just experimenting:smile: )

I added a half a cup of marshmallows instead of sweetener, which was good...but they wound up disintegrating at the end b/c of the temperature and cooking time. Still have it a good texture though.

I also added cocoa, which gave it a good flavor. I also added two tablespoons of egg whites thinking maybe that would crisp it up a bit. In the end....it was mushier than the first time, but I took it out of the bread pan and spread it out on a baking sheet and baked it a little bit longer in crumbles. It turned out into a crispy granola type snack. It's pretty good! Hubby likes it too!

Just wanted to say thank you again for the recipe! We have enjoyed it a lot!! :drinker:
  • ElvenToad
    ElvenToad Posts: 644 Member
    We loved this the first time, so we made this again today and tried a few different things.

I toasted my oatmeal before hand at 350 for about 10 minutes. It dried it out a bit, which was good b/c I was trying to see if I could make the end result a little bit crunchier. ( We loved the original recipe, but I love to cook, so we were just experimenting:smile: )

I added a half a cup of marshmallows instead of sweetener, which was good...but they wound up disintegrating at the end b/c of the temperature and cooking time. Still have it a good texture though.

I also added cocoa, which gave it a good flavor. I also added two tablespoons of egg whites thinking maybe that would crisp it up a bit. In the end....it was mushier than the first time, but I took it out of the bread pan and spread it out on a baking sheet and baked it a little bit longer in crumbles. It turned out into a crispy granola type snack. It's pretty good! Hubby likes it too!

Just wanted to say thank you again for the recipe! We have enjoyed it a lot!! :drinker:

I love hearing what everybody does with it. That's awesome, its fun to experiment! So glad you are enjoying the recipe :)
  • I made 2 batches last night... and obviously even though the ingredients were written out nicely I still screwed them up.

First batch I used the last of the package of milk chocolate chips and put dried blueberries in them. Not having any stevia in the house, I thought I would use 2 tablespoons of DaVinici sugar-free Amaretto syrup for sweetener. Well, adding in that extra liquid required me to add in another 1/2 cup of oats. Ok, I was fine with that.

Second batch was dried blueberries and sweetened with 2 tablespoons of DaVinici SF Lemon syrup, needing the extra oats.

Used this perfect brownie-bites pan I have... and each batch filled 10 spaces nicely. Cooked perfectly.

I realized when I came back to the recipe... I realize I had forgotten the PB2 or peanut butter!!! No wonder it was so liquidly, ugh! So now I have these wonderful little 'carb' bites. At least my son will eat them!

The ones with the SF amaretto syrup turned out nicely with a bit of amaretto flavor, yum! The second batch did not get any of the lemon flavoring at all. or I need to experiment on adding more next time.

I will make them again... using the PB2 and dark chocolate chips/white chocolate chips. I also have some SF peanut butter syrup I can use for sweetening to see how that will work.

Its a nice base to play with, thanks!!

So glad you liked at least some of them :) I like your bite size pan idea. Flavored syrups are a great way to play around with the flavors too. Maybe try adding less milk and applesauce if you are adding a liquid sweetener? I have been playing around with the recipe too. Tomorrow I'm going to try white chocolate chips instead of dark, and adding in almonds and rice crispies cereal. Yum! Makes me want to go eat one right now :)

How did the white choc chips and almonds turn out?
  • ElvenToad
    [/quote]

How did the white choc chips and almonds turn out?
    [/quote]

I LOVE the white chocolate chips, hubby prefers the dark chocolate chips though. Almonds were great too! I also added rice crispies cereal but you couldn't even tell it was in the bars at all. Next batch I will try half milk, half applesauce and try again with them.
  • mgleason01
    mgleason01 Posts: 78 Member
    Bump
  • luv2eduk8
    luv2eduk8 Posts: 46 Member
    bump
  • lisavgagne
    lisavgagne Posts: 28 Member
    Oh my gosh! Those look SO good. I love baked oatmeal and my go to is always the same, oats, banana, blueberries, and almond milk. It's good but getting a little old. I can not WAIT to try your version. YUM!
  • lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    Yummm gotta get all the ingredients this weekend.
  • Kimbie500
    Kimbie500 Posts: 388 Member
    YUM. Thank you!
  • ButterflyAngela97
    ButterflyAngela97 Posts: 97 Member
    OMG, I just made these, I used pb2, almonds, cocoa powder and dark chocolate chips, and they are amazing
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Looks super yummy! Going to try these this weekend, I do believe! :-D
  • droxeene
    droxeene Posts: 43 Member
    Definitely trying these-thanks for posting!
  • brittdani5
    brittdani5 Posts: 25 Member
    bump
  • ElvenToad
    Oh my gosh! Those look SO good. I love baked oatmeal and my go to is always the same, oats, banana, blueberries, and almond milk. It's good but getting a little old. I can not WAIT to try your version. YUM!

Then you will love these! I'm hooked on them :)
  • ElvenToad
    OMG, I just made these, I used pb2, almonds, cocoa powder and dark chocolate chips, and they are amazing

Yay! So glad you love them :)
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Bumping to keep. Thanks for sharing!!
  • ElvenToad
    After going back to the dark chocolate chips I think they are overall tastier than with the white chocolate chips. Also I wish I could edit the recipe. The only thing I have changed is

.5 scoop of protein powder for me its 17.5grams (adding this to the recipe)
    12 grams of pb2 instead of 24grams (cutting this in half)

and I get a higher protein bar with only slightly higher calories.

174 cals, 27 carbs, 5 fat, 8 protein, 98 sodium, 4 fiber

I think they are perfect this way and I think I have mastered the recipe. Of course you can change it up and add whatever you like but as a base I think the added protein powder and less pb2 works better than the original.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    These look amazing. Must try!
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    DROOLING. That is basically all of my favorite things in one bar. Definitely trying those. Thank you for sharing!! :)