how long should it take to see results

Options
i am now on my 4th week and havent lost very much weight i am doing 3-4x week 60min cardio and 1x per week weight training. I am also eating healthy. How long should it take to see weight loss?

Replies

• msabby8562
    Options
    i am now on my 4th week and havent lost very much weight i am doing 3-4x week 60min cardio and 1x per week weight training. I am also eating healthy. How long should it take to see weight loss?
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I want to know this too. I lost 5 pounds, but regained 2, and have been stuck here for a week. So I think it was all water weight.
  • emmab3ar
    emmab3ar Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'd say it's different for everyone. For it me it took about 3 months to start seeing the LB'S falloff. I was doing 6 miles a day and light weight lifting.
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I saw result from the beginning but I did the following :smile:

1) Log it BEFORE you eat it, this can help you make wise choices :tongue:
    2) Weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

Remember E V E R Y T H I N G counts, if it goes in your mouth log it :smile:

Wishing you much success, you can do it :drinker:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    What kind of results are you asking about? It is so different for everyone due to several factors depending on your body:

Starting weight
    Muscle verses fat mass
    Starting workout level
    Heart rate
    Workout pattern
    Foods you eat
    How much you eat
    Starting inches on body to lose
    The pull of the moon where you live
    Day of the week
    Water intake
    How much you sleep...

Is this what you mean?
  • rosenbss
    rosenbss Posts: 54
    Options
    Okay my lovely ladies and gents..I have been on here for 6 weeks! Other than maybe 4 days I have worked out every single one at least 60 mins maybe 2 or 3 was a 30 min day but for themost part 60 to 90 mins. I run everyday atleast 45 mins and then I lift 3 xs a week. My first week I lost 5 pounds then slowly gained every single freaking one back!! By week three I thought I was ready to have a nervous break down because I actually gain it all back plus 1/2 a pound. yep i gained more then my starting weight talk about ticked!! So here I am on week 6 on sat. I am down 7.6 pounds and I measured my hips thights and waiste when I started.I have lost 5 inches off my waiste..yep I said 5!! and I have lost 3and 1/2 off my hips and 4 off each thigh!! what can i say i was flabby as can be!! This started showing maybe 10 days ago and now boom its melting off!! thank god too cause i was ready to go eat everything in site!! so DONT give up !! believe in ur self and when that ice cream is calling go for a walk or better yet have some and then walk it all off GRIN!!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

2) Weigh and/or measure everything, my eye was much larger than actual amounts :noway:

Yup, same for me. I've been steadily losing since my first week, with a few weeks of staying the same. I completely agree with logging EVERYTHING in BEFORE eating.
  • skinnyjweb
    Options

TOTALLY AGREE! I do the same thing for dinner. I put in my breakfast, lunch snacks in so I know roughly what I should eat. I stick with the same breakfast everyday makes it easy, and mix it up at lunch. I also agree that its tough to eyeball and there are some things that will sneak up on you for example salad dressing, toppings for salads, fast food places like chipotle - even when I thought I was being "good" I was way over what makes sense for calories. Alcohol is another tricky thing. I have had a couple ups and downs but when I see the downs its because I have been disciplined! :gl:glasses: :glasses: *kitten*:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Ive been losing steadily since starting the first week in July, and in the past 2-4 days is when I have finally started to notice a difference. I took measurements on july 30, and will again at end of august to compare. But I didnt start noticing..and nobody else really did either..til the past 4 days or so, and its like WHAM all of a sudden a pretty big difference. I guess it just depends from person to person..and I think mostly the first 10-15lbs is excess water weight. Im loving it now though, I was starting to kinda be like what in the world, Ive lost almost 30lbs and noone has noticed! But just the past few days its been really cool, and super motivating!!!! Just keep working hard and busting your butt and before long, you will also be like wow, i can tell a difference! Good luck!!:drinker: