ZUMBA!?!?

Options
jackeh
jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
Finally Em i see you!!!! been waiting for you to get on!!!! so i hear your the zumba queen??? thinking of taking some classes!!!!!! is it really THIS much fun????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4

Replies

• jackeh
    Options
    Finally Em i see you!!!! been waiting for you to get on!!!! so i hear your the zumba queen??? thinking of taking some classes!!!!!! is it really THIS much fun????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    yyaaaaayyy!!

well, Zumba queen maybe....Zumba addict,,, DEFINITELY!

I love love it. It is the only thing in my life that has ever gotten my lazy butt to the gym! It is a time to dance but not be criticized if your rhythm isnt the best, you can do it at any impact level...and most of all, you get a very good workout.

every class has its own routines and coreography, and there are quite a few different types of zumba, but it is all latin inspired, which means it is 'hippy' and makes you feel sexy!! People in my class are of all ranges,, from 8 years old to 80!!! We all hoop and hollar while we dance... it makes the hour go by so fast AND i usually burn about 600 calories!!!!
  • jackeh
    Options
    It looks like so much fun by the videos i have come across on youtube.... I am a little afraid to go by myself and make an *kitten* out of myself cause i have the rythm of a donkey.... but I think I have come to a point there i have lost almost 50 pounds and i am so much more confident in myself that i think i can take this on!!!! Its 2 nights a week and im thinking it looks so much better than running on my treadmill!!!!! I will be starting next week on the wednesday .... very excited!!!!!!!

jackie
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Jackie!! I just followed some Zumba vids for the first time on youtube and in 20 mins burned 246 cals!! It went by so fast!! It was really fun!! Didnt even feel like a workout besides all the sweating hahaha Thanks for sharing!!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    i highly suggest you go! and if you do, tell me all about it!

i felt like such a doof during my first class...but after getting the basic steps and moves down, i fell in complete love with it, and have even taught the class 5 times now, when the teacher wasnt able to be there!!! wow!

i am ok in the coordination dept, but not so graceful, and i still enjoy it just as much as if i was going to Juliard for dance !!

one of the best parts about it, is that you can choose the intensity level. You can do the moves small for starts, and eventually as you learn it, you can exaggerate all of the moves and burn twice as many calories!!

go go go! Do it do it do it! and report back!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    WOW!! Jackie!! I just followed some Zumba vids for the first time on youtube and in 20 mins burned 246 cals!! It went by so fast!! It was really fun!! Didnt even feel like a workout besides all the sweating hahaha Thanks for sharing!!

ps, yes, you sweat alot! i get drenched every class, but thats what keeps you cool and makes you really feel accomplished when you are done.
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    OMG... I went to my first class tonight... I ABSOLUTELY FRICKIN LOVED IT.... :bigsmile:

I had absolutely no idea what I was doing, but it was so fun I didn't care... I was actually somewhat proud of myself for picking it up as well as I did... I think I had some preparation b/c I take a challenging step class twice a week, and while the steps aren't the same, I've learned how to 'learn' a routine.. also, the class was PACKED, so I don't think many people noticed that I had no idea what I was doing!

anyway... I'm DEFINITELY not a 'dancer' and I looked like a goof compared to some of the girls in the class (including the instructor - she's amazing) that can just GET DOWN... I was a cheerleader many moons ago, but I was ALWAYS the last one to get our routines down... just takes me longer for it to 'click' sometimes....

I burned 556 calories according to my HRM... out of 60 minutes I was in my zone for 53 minutes of it... not quite as many calories as my step class, but SO MUCH FUN...

I'm totally looking forward to learning more of the steps and figuring out how to move my body like I think it can...

anyway... just thought I'd gush about this for a while... my DH thinks I've lost my mind, but I told him he might learn to appreciate some of the new moves I'm learning!! :blushing:

now I have to figure out a way to get to 2 step classes and 2 zumba classes a week!! my kids won't recognize me!!
  • iluvsparkles
    Options
    yyaaay petunia!

i am Zumbas biggest advocate on this site.. as it has changed my life!!!

Im sure that if you take step ( i do also) you will be just fine at picking up the moves, and as you get familiar with the routines, you can throw your own little spin in there!

Our classes are usually pretty full also, so i am hoping they will begin another class, as i like to do my moves really exagerated so i can burn a ton of calories!

oh, speaking of two classes..on the days that i do zumba followed directly by step, i burn upwards of 1200 calories or more! I make those days the ones where I have had icecream or some other treat, that way i feel less guilty, because i have calories to eat!
  • jackeh
    Options
    now im so excited to go .... not tomorrow but next wednesday.....
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    oh, speaking of two classes..on the days that i do zumba followed directly by step, i burn upwards of 1200 calories or more! I make those days the ones where I have had icecream or some other treat, that way i feel less guilty, because i have calories to eat!

gotta love those exercise calories!! as a matter of fact, I'm thinking about indulging in a little double churned no sugar added rocky road!!
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm