Jillian's "No more Trouble zones" - good or not

2»

Replies

• raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Thanks everyone for all your help. It is really good to hear what has worked for all of you so that I can make a desicion. I love Jillians results but I swear sometimes I want to throw something at the tv while I am doing her workouts! How would you log NMTZ?
  • christy_r
    christy_r Posts: 9 Member
    I log NMTZ as 55 min circuit training, and put whatever calories my HRM tells me I've burned. It is a killer workout but well worth the time. This combined w/ Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is awesome. Good luck!!
  • raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    I log NMTZ as 55 min circuit training, and put whatever calories my HRM tells me I've burned. It is a killer workout but well worth the time. This combined w/ Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is awesome. Good luck!!

I think this is what I am going to do, I think I might do Banish fat, boost metabolism 3 days a week and NMTZ 3 days a week so I can alternate! BFBM is also under circuit training right? I cant wait to get them and give them a try!
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    NMTZ is awesome for sculpting! It's not the best choice if you're trying to lose more than 20 pounds though because it's not very much cardio. That being said, I am dripping sweat by the end of the workout! I like to mix that would Banish Fat Boost Metabolism which is mostly cardio. Good luck!

I do this too - a week of each! Imo NMTZ is Jillian's hardest DVD.
  • I also LOVE this workout! But I have not been logging it in my exercise diary because I am not sure of how accurate the calories would be under circiut training (not much cardio with this workout). I know everyone's HRM is different, but could someone give me an idea of how much calories they are actually burning with NMTZ? Thanks!
  • HBinOC
    HBinOC Posts: 78 Member
    I have it as well, find it pretty challenging at times. I have not been regular with it but when I do use it - I am sore for days.
    I need to do it more often- time is an issue for me and I find myself doing High & Tight on Brazil Butt lift and the treadmill most days to get Cardio and sculpting in.
  • MrsLong1980
    MrsLong1980 Posts: 181 Member
    Off topic but I've just started BFBM (day 2 yesterday) and burnt 489 and 518 calories! :D Love her!!
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    I have it, but never really tried it. I lasted I'd say about 5-10 min and then I gave up. Seeing these post makes me wanna give it a go. Maybe do a rotation for 1-2 months b/t the two. BFBM a week and NMTZ a week. Im hoping whatever workout I decide to do next will help me reach my mni goal.
  • kludgood
    kludgood Posts: 172
    I LOVE JILLIAN MYSELF AND HAVE DONE LOTS OF HER WORKOUTS BUT THE ONE I NEVER SEE ANYONE DOING, THAT IS MY HANDS-DOWN FAV IS YOGA MELTDOWN! YOU'D BE SUPRISED AT THE WORKOUT OF STRENGTH AND CARDIO IT HAS. DEF CHECK IT OUT:0)

I do this one as well! Love it. I call it cardio yoga because theirs def alot of cardio but its fun all at the same tim
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    I LOVE JILLIAN MYSELF AND HAVE DONE LOTS OF HER WORKOUTS BUT THE ONE I NEVER SEE ANYONE DOING, THAT IS MY HANDS-DOWN FAV IS YOGA MELTDOWN! YOU'D BE SUPRISED AT THE WORKOUT OF STRENGTH AND CARDIO IT HAS. DEF CHECK IT OUT:0)

I have read that people have said that her yoga isn't reall yoga and she doesn't intruct very well on form, is that true? Thats why I've never gotten it
  • allisonmrichard
    allisonmrichard Posts: 64 Member
    A word of advice...even though it isn't a cardio DVD and you won't be jumping around a lot, wear sneakers. I was dumb last week and did it barefoot and somehow hurt my ankle a little. That's my 2 cents. :P All of Jillian's DVDs are great!
  • Thanks! This is great advise because I'm on day 6 of level one of 30 Day Shred, and I just want to move to the next level because I'm bored with it already. What rotation do you usually do?
  • blleadon
    blleadon Posts: 187 Member
    I love this video. I started out doing this along with the sister video Banish Fat Boost Metabolism video. In fact that is the only video I have done for past two years as far as strength. My average burn according to my heart rate and monitor started at about 450 but as I lost the weight its about 370 calories
  • CealR
    CealR Posts: 33 Member
    I'm using it right now, actually. What I tend to do is alternate No More Trouble Zones with it's companion, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. They really are meant to be used together, however both of them are fairly intense, so I'm doing a rotation of NMTZ, BFBM and then Yoga Meltdown on the third day.

As for, is YM "real" yoga? Probably not, but I don't think Jillian Michaels is claiming to be a leader in yoga - it's a workout with moves inspired by yoga. If you don't already know the forms, you have a few options; start with a different yoga DVD that really drills form first or look up the poses beforehand. Or, just deal with Jillian's instruction, which is quick and focused on the movement she wants you to do.

Whatever you choose to do next, enjoy yourself. And congratulations on being almost done with the 30DS!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    I am a HUGE fan of Jillian! NMTZ is one of my favorites too! I am getting ready to do that workout this morning as soon as I finish my coffee! :smile:

I love doing it on days I want to go light on cardio. I use 8, 5, and 3 lb weights depending on what exercise she is doing. I usually burn 250 to 260 calories per my HRM and I am 5'8" 133 lbs.

I agree with the other poster that said NMTZ would be great paired with Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. Alternating days of these two would be a great plan.

You really can't go wrong with any of her videos. Some of my other favorites are Killer Bun & Thighs, Six Week Six Pack, Killer Abs, 30DS, Extreme Shed and Shred....I could just go on and on! Love her!! :smile:

ETA: Congrats on almost completing the 30DS! I still like to pop it in and do it every now and then too. I like to do all 3 levels at once on some days. I just do the warm up on level 1 and the cool down on level 3 and all the circuits. Its really awesome to do all 3 together. It reminds me of how far I have come since I started it!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 520 Member
    I just dusted this one off and did NMTZ this weekend. I really like it but had bought other strength DVD's and got away from it. You don't have to do every section all at once either.
    I also have Banish Fat and think it packs a lot in 40 minutes. The circuits are fun and she mixes things up nicely.

I don't usually use a HRM with NMTZ since it's not cardio and just log it under strength in the cardio section of MFP.

Jillian mentioned she is coming out with a beginner workout in the Fall...I hope there are others.
  • Resolve2B
    Resolve2B Posts: 86 Member
    If you are looking for a workout that is primarily strength based, NMTZ is it. However, because she does so many of the exercises as "compound moves", this is an intense workout and DOES get your heartrate up even though you will not be jumping around. I used Ripped in 30 prior to NMTZ but I was more interested in toning than in flat out cardio so was not crazy about those "2 minutes of cardio" in every segment of Ri30. NMTZ works EVERY part of your body AND you can pick and choose between 7 different segments to construct your own best work out. I'd recommend this one.
  • SunBunzz
    SunBunzz Posts: 165 Member
    I started NMTZ in January, I believe. I would do it on and off, with 30 Day Shred level 3. If you're able to do a little extra cardio after, like power-walking or something, it can be a killer workout. I'm pretty sure I burn nearly 200 with NMTZ, but I do a little extra cardio after, usually one of my Just Dance games. (30-40 minutes)

Sometimes I'd take a break from it for a few weeks, and do other workouts. I like to do these on Tuesdays and Thursdays mostly.

After a couple of months, I can almost effortlessly do the advance versions of everything, amazingly-- yesterday I was able to do the last few push-ups with one foot in the air like the blonde girl was, and using 5 pound weights for nearly every exercise instead of just 3s!

It's amazing how much stronger you get after a few weeks. I really wanted tighter arms, thighs and butt (30DS mostly toned my core, which is awesome) but these particular exercises are definitely working for me in the parts I wanted! Funny, but the one thing I'm mostly proud of is how my arms feel. It's intense, but I assure you, it's working. Just HAVE to keep doing it. 50 minutes is quite a grind, but that's not TOO bad, just listen to music while you do it, goes by much faster. I have to wear gloves and sneakers as well. I put the sweat-resistant gloves on during plank moves, cuz my palms sweat like crazy.
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    NMTZ is just like the longer version of Ripped in 30. I love both because I can mix it with running/jogging.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!