Fitbit- which one do you like?

I am thinking about getting a fit it. Which one do you like? Why? Pros and cons? Are they easy to sync? Or would you suggest something else? Mother's Day is coming and I thought it might be a nice idea for my kids to get me one. Lol

Replies

• aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    I have the Fitbit one and love it. I know a couple of people with the zip but I don't like how the battery needs to be replaced after about 4 or 5 months. The One just needs it charged for about an hour every week to 10 days. I don't have a problem with getting it to sync with MFP.

I've been wearing it every day since January 2013. Worth every dollar!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    I have the Fitbit one and love it. I know a couple of people with the zip but I don't like how the battery needs to be replaced after about 4 or 5 months. The One just needs it charged for about an hour every week to 10 days. I don't have a problem with getting it to sync with MFP.

I've been wearing it every day since January 2013. Worth every dollar!

Thank you! I don't think that I am accurately tracking and I hope that this will help. I appreciate your input!
  • angelajmrn
    angelajmrn Posts: 63 Member
    I got the fitbit flex about 2 weeks ago and LOVE it. I just wear it on my wrist and I am done. I have had to charge it once in 10 days. It syncs perfectly with MFP. It has really helped me stay motivated and almost "compete" with myself when it comes to activity
  • dwarfiegodsmack
    dwarfiegodsmack Posts: 317 Member
    i have had my Fitbit One for a little over a year and I love it!

I did question its accuracy so I got the Bodymedia Fit at the end of January and started wearing them both. According to the Bodymedia I should have been losing 1 lb or a little over each week but that was not the case. I decided to stay at maintenance for another month or so and lift heavy. This is the 2nd week that I cut a few calories to make a small deficit and what I have lost equals my stats for the Fitbit. According to Bodymedia I should have lost more. My 1st payment just went thru on April 29 for the Bodymedia so I will probably continue to wear both and enter all the numbers on my spreadsheet for another 2 weeks and then most likely will cancel the Bodymedia since I don't find it accurate for me.

The Fitbit does not calculate weight training so I just add that in manually.

ETA: I don't sync the Fitbit with MFP so I can't help you on that. Right now I have the Bodymedia synched but that will change at the end of the month.
  • jyvonne27
    jyvonne27 Posts: 91 Member
    I have started with the zip, then the one, now the flex.

Zip- loved the bright color (pink), good price, didn't love how quickly the battery died. This was my first fitbit and I wasn't totally focused on weight loss as much as I am now, just didn't find that one as motivating. It is sitting on my dresser, dead now

One- I absolutely loved my One. Counts stairs, tracks sleep, very small. Being very small was also a con bc I forgot some days to put it on, and ultimately I lost it.

Flex- the flex does everything my One did except tell me the time. I love the flex because I never have to take it off so there's virtually no chance that I'll lose it. It's not the prettiest thing in the world but it works. My favorite.

They are all very easy to sync. I never use with the computer but I sync them with my android phone and my iPad.
  • drbskinny
    drbskinny Posts: 120 Member
    I just purchased my Flex a couple of weeks ago & am in love. It definitely helps keep me active when I can see with just a tap how close (or far) I am to my daily goals. It's very easy to just put on and forget about. I've had no problems with syncing & have lost 7 lbs in the little that I've been wearing it. I find that it is much easier to stay dedicated when I have a constant reminder to do more with me all of the time. It has really been a wake up call for how active I actually am in a day.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    I've only had the flex. Had it since October and I really like it. It helps me keep track of how active I am day to day, motivates me to get up and move around on my rest days. Not that accurate with workouts like running or cycling though, I find my polar ft4 heart rate monitor is better for high intensity workouts.
  • youdontknowme9
    youdontknowme9 Posts: 73 Member
    Now..I heard something about fitbit....if you go driving a good bit, it thinks you ran there and counts it as that?

Does it really do that? Because I drive 30+ miles to work every day....
  • DaisyDi65
    DaisyDi65 Posts: 70 Member
    I have the One and have used it for over a year. I love the small size and it can be worn discreetly. I really don't wear bracelets which is why I chose this. Because of its small size, it is easier to forget it's on your clothes and you toss in the wash, lol.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    I've had a Fitbit for almost three years now, and never ONCE has it recorded driving anywhere as "steps." The only quirky thing it has ever done to me was record flights of stairs when I crossed the George Washington Bridge in NYC -- but the amount of "floors" has no bearing on the estimated calorie burn, so I just laughed it off.
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Now..I heard something about fitbit....if you go driving a good bit, it thinks you ran there and counts it as that?

I have the Force and love it. I've had it for a few months and haven't had any sort of reaction. It isn't available for purchase anymore but I'm sure the Flex is awesome.

I've never had it count my driving as steps. It is pretty accurate for me.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member

Nope, no major issues with that. I commute 40km each way to work and over the course of the day, the driving might add 50 steps total. I just got back from Disneyland and wore it each day including on all the rides, again it added about 100-200 extra steps over the entire 12+hour day.
  • watchhillgirl
    Thank you everyone! I really appreciate the input! I am torn between the one and the flex. Either would be fine for me. Does anyone have any discomfort the flex? I vaguely remember a recall because of the band causing irritation? I wear different watches daily (yes I know crazy huh) so I doubt that would be an issue for me but just wanted some input.u
  • Point202
    Point202 Posts: 55 Member
    I have the One and absolutely love it. It took a little tweaking of my MFP settings before I got it to only add calories for me when I've actually done some more activity. The only quirk I've found is that it will record walking up hills as flights of stairs. But I figure walking up a hill exerts some extra effort just like walking up stairs, so no big deal. Fitbit is a great tool for keeping an eye on more active versus less active days, and helps me make eating adjustments to accommodate my activity level. Highly recommend it!
  • watchhillgirl
    We'll I couldn't wait fior Mother's Day! They had a sale at target so went a head and got the flex! Lol I have it set up so now I have to synch it to MFP. Wish me luck! It is charging now. Wish me luck!
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    I love my One. I had the Ultra and it was good but the One is leaps and bounds better. I just ignore the whole stairs thing... it tells me that apparently getting into my car is a flight of stairs lol
  • cathdrew2
    cathdrew2 Posts: 136 Member
    I just saw the Flex at Costco today for $100. I have the force but am allergic to the nickel in the casing so I can't wear it any longer. I just put it in my pocket instead - I am looking for a retro-fit solution since it was working so well for me. I used to have the One (about 1 year) but I forgot to wear it sometimes because I'd accidentally left it on my clothes the night before. I vote for whichever fits your budget and lifestyle because it really does work well: motivating and fairly accurate (+/-10%). I do know people who just use it for motivation and I don't see that being as successful for weight loss - you really need to log your food if you are headed in that direction.
  • MisMissey
    MisMissey Posts: 10
    I was glad to see this thread as i've been considering a flex as well. Quick question for you experts - someone noted that it helped you to know if you should get up and do a little more to meet your goal for the day - how is that since it doesn't have a display - is it just a simple sync with your phone, or does it sync on it's own?
  • sammy_g1
    sammy_g1 Posts: 12 Member
    I have had the Fitbit One for 3 days now, not very long I know, but I love it! I'm am a gadget and numbers person and I find it quite addictive. I love that is small and I wear it on my bra, it's completely invisible. I wasn't interested in the Flex personally as I don't like the idea of a visible band.
  • icha3x
    icha3x Posts: 54 Member

funny that you asked that. I have a generic HRM and drove about 4 hours today. Put the watch on just before I left. when I got home it said I walked about 10000 steps and burned 400 calories. The vibration would account for the steps but I never considered driving to be stressful and put me in fat burning mode. I Love to drive.