Why Can't a Woman Be More Like a Man?

rosebette
rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
Maybe this is just a rhetorical question, or whining, or both. But tonight, I was at an event where pizza was served and we also a pie to bring home. I ate one slice a the event, logged it. That and the salad at dinner put me at my calorie limit. This is after a day when I took a 1 hour (3 mile) walk, and ate pretty reasonably. I succumbed and ate a second piece, which put me over limit. Meanwhile, I watched guys at this event down a couple of slices and bring a pie home (and of course, i'm sure they'll have a few slilces at home). My guys at home at 3-4 slices each. Well, dammit, I'm jealous! I'm barely full at two slices! But I can't eat anymore. It sucks to be female sometimes. It would be great to be able to eat like a guy and not pay for it.

Replies

• ChasingMyBliss
    ChasingMyBliss Posts: 803 Member
    I agree I would love to lose weight like a man. Cut out potato chips and beer.... and bam! 15 pounds down in a month!
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Girls can eat like guys and have the guy pay for it. There is your perk.
  • "Why can't a woman be more like a man?"

hahahaha...I see what you did there.
  • Girls can eat like guys and have the guy pay for it. There is your perk.

This is probably the best thing on MFP :p
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Girls can eat like guys and have the guy pay for it. There is your perk.

tumblr_m1rkzpHj1n1r6aoq4o1_500_zps2c091f68.gif

QFT
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    I out eat my husband all the time.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    But eating less should = less expensive....isn't that better anyway?
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    I far out eat my fiancé. I just eat less crap.

I ALWAYS get the "big piece of meat"
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    I don't want a peen, ok?
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    I know from simple observation that it is much harder to be a woman. It is true that biology is very unfair to women. In addition, our culture at least US culture is very anti woman.

Hopefully, humanity will someday become a single gender form of life...
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Maybe this is just a rhetorical question, or whining, or both. But tonight, I was at an event where pizza was served and we also a pie to bring home. I ate one slice a the event, logged it. That and the salad at dinner put me at my calorie limit. This is after a day when I took a 1 hour (3 mile) walk, and ate pretty reasonably. I succumbed and ate a second piece, which put me over limit. Meanwhile, I watched guys at this event down a couple of slices and bring a pie home (and of course, i'm sure they'll have a few slilces at home). My guys at home at 3-4 slices each. Well, dammit, I'm jealous! I'm barely full at two slices! But I can't eat anymore. It sucks to be female sometimes. It would be great to be able to eat like a guy and not pay for it.

Has less to do with your gender and more to do with your size, your lean mass and your activity level. Guys do tend on average to have higher lean mass and larger size than women so naturally they require more calories but that has nothing to do with what is between their legs really. A woman who lifts weights, builds up lean muscle and is somewhat tall would have the same caloric requirements as your average man if not greater.

There are 5' 6'' tall women out there who work out and lift heavy and eat 3000 calories a day in order to gain some lean muscle while staying flat stomached and fit.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    I far out eat my fiancé. I just eat less crap.

I ALWAYS get the "big piece of meat"

what the...what?!? Doesn't wreck your MACROS.......those are the BIG nutrients.
  • MelonJMusic
    MelonJMusic Posts: 121 Member
    *sigh* I ask that all day, everyday. LOL
  • ssmaling
    ssmaling Posts: 83 Member
    Apparently I've watched far too many musicals because all I thought of when I read the name of this thread is My Fair Lady and Professor Higgins 'Why Can't a Woman Be More Like a Man?" song.

Why can't a woman be more like a man?
    Men are so honest, so thoroughly square; Eternally noble, historically fair.
    Who, when you win, will always give your back a pat. Why can't a woman be like that?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Sooooo..... After eating all that, how close were the guys to their calorie limit? And do they have their calories set at 1200 too?

Oh, wait, they aren't counting and they aren't on a diet? What was this thread about again?
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Sooooo..... After eating all that, how close were the guys to their calorie limit? And do they have their calories set at 1200 too?

Oh, wait, they aren't counting and they aren't on a diet? What was this thread about again?

Hah yeah, pretty much.

Either those guys are fat slobs in which case you are better off than they are because you are trying to improve your health or they are healthy and fit in which case either they have sufficient muscle and size that they require that amount of calories for maintenance or to balance that sort of eating out they have a high activity level. None of which, I might add, has anything to do with what is between their legs.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member

Hah yeah, pretty much.

Either those guys are fat slobs in which case you are better off than they are because you are trying to improve your health or they are healthy and fit in which case either they have sufficient muscle and size that they require that amount of calories for maintenance or to balance that sort of eating out they have a high activity level. None of which, I might add, has anything to do with what is between their legs.

Must. learn. to. read. slower.

But yeah, after re-reading, both of these.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    I wouldn't 'ave et it, but I'm too ladylike to take it outta my mouf.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    I keep seeing the phrase, "I out eat" and its just confusing all kinds of interpretive hell out of me. Just seems like there's something wrong with it, but I can't say what. It's on the tip of my tongue.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    I out eat my husband all the time.

This. :)

I can't compete with my husband on his eating but I out eat many dudes I know. 2 slices? That sounds so sad.... We always have to order 2 different pizzas bc mines special and I sure as hell don't share. :)