critically accalimed moveis u thought were really bad?

Replies

• wardamnirish
    wardamnirish Posts: 395
    Two Tom Hanks Movies

Forest Gump and Cast Away. Both bored me to death

I didn't see Cast Away, but Forest Gump was way too long. And that whole running across the country part was just stupid.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Not sure how acclaimed it was but Leonardo Dicaprio's The Great Gatsby just annoyed me!!
  • Swaggs51
    Swaggs51 Posts: 716 Member
    Titanic...
  • koosorlose
    koosorlose Posts: 186
    I don't know if it was critically acclaimed or not, but it's certainly very popular and my friends reference scenes from it all the time, but Office Space is IMO the worst, slowest moving, most depressing movie ever made. I just don't get the humor.

I don't like Office Space, either! The humor is so dry. I'm into goofy/silly humor.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Pulp Fiction is top 5 movies of all time. If you didnt get it, you were born in the smart phone era where nothing is thoughtful or artistic. Live with that.

tumblr_m42umyxXFF1qjemo2o1_500.gif

Well I was born in 1960 and I don't get it.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    The English Patient (seriously....he leaves her in a cave??!!)
    Castaway
    Cloud Atlas (WTF???)
    Gangs of New York
    Moulin Rouge
    Noah (the one out now with Russell Crowe - AWFUL!!!!!) - not sure if it's critically acclaimed or not, I just couldn't stand it!
    Lord of the Rings - all three of them!!!!
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    I hate most Will Ferrel movies. Anchorman sucked. Elf sucked. Blades of Glory sucked. He's not funny AT ALL.

Totally agree on the Will Ferrel thing. Never found him funny and for the life of my cant understand why people do.
    [/quote]

Is there a such thing as a "critically acclaimed" Well Ferrel movie?
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    The Departed

Seriously, what a cop-out just to kill everyone. Totally eliminates having to actually write an ending, and I wasn't even shocked that they died. I just felt like Scorsese didn't have time to write a script where the characters had to deal with the bs they created.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Don't know how acclaimed they were but my top 3 snoozers go to:

House of Sand and Fog

The girl with the pearl earring

Another Earth
  • Beautiful_Pain
    Beautiful_Pain Posts: 102 Member
    Saving Private Ryan

The Black Swan
    :noway: I love those!!!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Prisoners.

It was just awful.
  • wardamnirish
    wardamnirish Posts: 395
    Again, not sure about critical acclaim, but...

Lone Ranger.

Dear God, that movie had to be at least 4 hours long. It sure seemed like it.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Oh...and 'Bridesmaids'....I had a bee in my bonnet over that for at least 3 days. I so wanted to bust Kristen Wiig's character Annie in the face with a chair. Repugnantly weak, shallow, whiny, manipulative, wretched POS female character. If I were her, I would be ashamed for ever playing a role like that. Don't people have any integrity?

Everybody seemed to love this movie: it just made me angry that there are stupid girls out there like her who drive and vote.

I hated this movie (except Melissa McCarthy's character) until it became WAY too familiar when my own bridesmaids started having drama. Right now that movie is therapy but I'll probably never watch it after the wedding, lol!
  • SunKissed1989
    SunKissed1989 Posts: 1,314 Member
    I've never been able to sit through and enjoy the Godfather in all honesty...I'll give it another try as it's on Netflix but not my cuppa tea to be honest.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    I just saw the Crying Game for the first time yesterday. It was on Netflix. Though, I didn't think it was terrible, I couldn't believe that guy didn't know she was a male. I knew from the very beginning, plus they were having drag shows in the frigging bar! A little far-fetched to me.
  • KarmaKills
    KarmaKills Posts: 99 Member
    Not sure if it's critically acclaimed or not, but I absolutely hated Gravity. I love Sandra Bullock....but haaaaaaated that movie. zzzzz
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Who's Afraid of Forrest Gump....or something like that.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    The Sound and the Fury

The Scarlet Letter

Ethan Frome

^All terrible books.
  • sheclimber
    sheclimber Posts: 176 Member
    Inception. Yuck.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Not sure if it's critically acclaimed or not, but I absolutely hated Gravity. I love Sandra Bullock....but haaaaaaated that movie. zzzzz

That movie is analogy and allegory for other things.

Its a coin toss amongst my friends and family between those who got it for what it was trying to convey...and those who thought it was just a movie about someone floating around in space.

Those who understood it, loved it. Those who didn't, didn't.