ph eating

I am learning about what a difference ph - acidity of the body makes in losing weight and health in general. Learned that I need to eat only certain foods for my blood type and only eat 1500 cal per day of the foods that create a more alkaline system for me. So much info and I needed help sorting everything out. This w-site is helping me do just that. Back to the Dr. tomorrow - I have a long ways to go but am already pleased with the difference I feel. Excited about feeling good again.

Replies

• I am learning about what a difference ph - acidity of the body makes in losing weight and health in general. Learned that I need to eat only certain foods for my blood type and only eat 1500 cal per day of the foods that create a more alkaline system for me. So much info and I needed help sorting everything out. This w-site is helping me do just that. Back to the Dr. tomorrow - I have a long ways to go but am already pleased with the difference I feel. Excited about feeling good again.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    Welcome rhonadonda!

Now I have to worry about PH of my blood.... Oh, no. Every day it's something :-) Seriously, what caused you to seek this information? What type of medical study deals with regulating PH? Interesting !

Good luck on your food choices.
  • I have been swimming more and my muscles have been achy all day. Not the ache from exercise, a different type of ache. I went to a health food store and started researching about why I "just don't feel well". I was also concerned why with my increase in exercise I still felt bloated and just could not trim off the weight. He stated that sometimes when you have too much acid in your system, the body builds up toxins. I started reading and found out that there is more to it than I ever thought. He also gave me some ph test strips for urine and sure enough, my ph was very acidic. More research on the internet about "free acidity charts" and what foods create acid in the body and....WOW. Already I feel much better, my muscles have "calmed down" and I see the endrocrinologist today...I'll let you know what he says. All I know is that I am sticking with this program and keeping my body more alkaline and in a few months I should have a better understanding of my body and the correct foods for me.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    Rhondadonda,

Huh. Learn something new every day. Thanks!