critically accalimed moveis u thought were really bad?

Replies

• Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Could not finish watching "Man with the iron fists."

Everything with Will Farrel in it.

I would say everything with Nicolas Cage in it but I'm pretty sure the critics hate him too and I did enjoy "Kick *kitten*" in spite of him.

If it has Nicolas Cage, has it ever been critically acclaimed other than Raising Arizona?
    Leaving Las Vegas.
  • The Notebook... saccharin sweet and full of lame troupes and predictable plot devices... its like making an action movie and then putting in explosions because you know that you have nothing else to offer

I also thought Avatar was quite meh... Inception was good but it wasn't "mind blowing."

The Blind Side was almost patronizing and the movie was about as bad as Sandra Bullock's atrocious southern accent...
  • LBeth1015
    LBeth1015 Posts: 35 Member
    Absolutely Les Mis. I was effing Les Miserable watching that crap.
    The theater wasn't that crowded, my sister laid down and went to sleep (she's 40).
    My mother loved it (she's half deaf).
    A man in front of me cried. I wanted to punch him in the head.
    Les effing Miserable.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    No Country for Old Men - it was so so but definitely not worth the hype
    Titanic (not sure that was critically acclaimed)
    The English Patiant - I hated that movie!!!!
    Lost in Translation - any time Bill Murray does a non-comedy, it automatically gets raves. Why???

And I'm sad that someone said The Godfather movies. Those are in my top 10 of all time movies. (except #3 of course).
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    127 hours was perhaps the most boring film I have ever watched!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Titanic only seen it once and that was one to many ,notebook so sappy I actually was mad at my friend for making me watch it ,I'm like why are you trying to torture me?

Totally agree with you on Titanic, and I thought The Notebook was one of those "meh" sorta chick flicks, halfway worth watching on DVD one time but I can't believe how many people are just crazy about it.
  • kendall916
    kendall916 Posts: 4,222 Member
    West Side Story. I could not help from not listening to s song that just keeps singing Maria.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    West Side Story. I could not help from not listening to s song that just keeps singing Maria.

Oh man, if you are talking about the original movie, I loved it! I must have watched that 100 times...
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    The Lego Movie
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Cast Away and Forrest Gump
    Lost in Translation
    American Beauty (have tried multiple times and fall asleep every time)
    This one will probably get me in trouble, but A Clockwork Orange - so boring, though I do appreciate the artistic style of it.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member

Batman 2 & 3 (The newest ones)

Edit to add: Titanic, 1000x Titanic
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Blair Witch project, or whatever that was called. Had ALL KINDS of people telling me how scary and awesome it was. I got through about 5 minutes with that crappy camera work, ermmmm....I mean "creative" camera work and i turned it off.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    The Black Swan

I only watched the *kitten* scene and lesbian scene....about 50 times.

At least it had that, not that I know anything else about the movie.
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    City of Angels .... pretentious rubbish

Citizen Kane ... at the time I watched it, it was supposed to be the greatest movie of all time (thankfully it has fallen down the ratings - not nearly far enough, in my opinion!)
  • 281Danielle
    281Danielle Posts: 113
    The Lego Movie- Huge waste of time and money
    Twlight- Just plain awful
    The Black Swan- Just plain weird and uninteresting
    Lord of the Rings- Guess I'm just not into those kinds of movies
    American Hustle-Just seemed really really corny to me
    Anchorman- Just stupid
    That's all I can think of right now, even though my husband makes me sit through some horrible movies. The Lego Movie has to be the WORSE.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    The Notebook- You couldn't pay me to finish that movie...
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member

Citizen Kane ... at the time I watched it, it was supposed to be the greatest movie of all time (thankfully it has fallen down the ratings - not nearly far enough, in my opinion!)

I see your opinion hasn't changed! :wink: :laugh:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1013674-critically-accalimed-moveis-u-thought-were-really-bad?page=4
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1013674-critically-accalimed-moveis-u-thought-were-really-bad?page=4

I am impressed - you are amazing. And I'm consistent :-)
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Couldn't finish Avatar. The special effects were good, but there was nothing else to that movie. Plot's been done again and again.

I was excited for Black Swan. I used to do ballet, I like Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis, and I like weird mindfreak kind of movies. It fell pretty flat.

Les Miserables. It had its moments but my God, was Russel Crowe terrible. And I just don't think that level of musical (ie singing every single word) translates all that well to film. Especially when you cast people that can't sing. Like Russel Crowe.

I haven't seen it yet, but I have a hunch that Frozen is overly hyped. The song sure is, anyway.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member

I am impressed - you are amazing. And I'm consistent :-)

:bigsmile: