Rejected due to weight?

Replies

• Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    No, not exactly. But I've noticed I tend to attract older men for some reason. I did once have a housemate tell me he'd have asked me out if I was thinner (I wouldn't have wanted him to, and his BMI was probably higher than mine at the time!). I was dumped due to my race once (well, three times by the same person actually).

I've been getting the eye from much older men lately. And I've been attracted to older men in the past, actually. But only college professors. Next time I catch a seventy year-old staring, I'm going to say, "Lecture me eloquently on the importance of human rights in a global marketplace, grandpa, and I might just give you a chance." :laugh:
  • That's sad, there are some shallow people out there! You will meet someone who appreciates you for you and if not tell them to get on their bike!
  • luzdelua
    luzdelua Posts: 88 Member
    I never had this problem with men :laugh: I think that some that are not entirely superficial really like confidence.

But, I did with a friend. He refused to recognize our friendship in public because I was too "fat" to associate with him. :frown:
  • Jestinia
    I never had this problem with men :laugh: I think that some that are not entirely superficial really like confidence.

But, I did with a friend. He refused to recognize our friendship in public because I was too "fat" to associate with him. :frown:

That is ridiculously immature. I hope you meant he was a school friend when you were both twelve or something.
  • amwbox
    amwbox Posts: 576 Member
    Men get rejected routinely for...pretty much anything at all lol. So women should be a little more realistic about the prevalence of rejection.

Weight is a big one though, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that obese people, men in particular, get rejected 95% of the time. Obesity is probably a bigger problem than having not enough money, even.

Its sort of an expected outcome.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Yes, I'm sure i did when I was in high school and middle school but I've been married going on 9 years and 3 kids later. :) For all the people who may not like ''us'' for who we are of how we look, there is that one that will love us for ourselves and to me it was worth the wait.
  • Oxxygi
    Oxxygi Posts: 250 Member
    I've been rejected not because weight, but because a bunch of other reasons. Even when I was thin, dating was difficult. So I would not blame weight. Sometimes it just doesn't work.
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    I've never been told something like that, but I've always thought that my extra kgs were actually one of the reasons no one ever used to like me at all. I have no proof just because no one has ever been interested in me enough to even tell me that my weight was keeping them away, but I think there must have been a combination of more factors which should have led people to dislike me. My 2 cents anyway: if you really like someone and you get treated like ****, it hurts, but being rejected because of your weight is actually stupid. No one is forced to like you or love you, but there's no reason to blame it on your weight only, since there are so many other factors that cooperate to make us appear desirable or intresting to the other people. Some people might absolutely like you at your exact weight. If he didn't like you because of your weight there wasn't probably much chemistry as he liked to say. It's perfectly reasonable to still like someone even if she's/he's overweight/underweight, so his excuses look pretty childish to me. You'd better just say "I'm really not interested" instead of making such excuses.
  • qstneverything
    qstneverything Posts: 125 Member
    I got rejected once in a nightclub, a bunch of guys asked me to talk their friend into staying, he scrunched up his face and was like "ew, gross. Now I am leaving" his friends apologised a thousand times for having a jerk friend but I kind of just smiled weakly, and proceeded to the bar to order shots.

No one else has rejected me to my face that I can recall, but after a few internet dates I think the main reason why a few didn't contact me after was due to my weight. To be fair I didn't contact them either, and don't hold it against them.

To be honest I'm having more luck with guys asking me out chubby than I did when I was a little thing. I think guys find it easier to talk to me when I'm not at my full potential, I hate to be stuck up but a lot of guys seemed nervous around me and too scared to talk to me when I was thin.
  • luzdelua
    luzdelua Posts: 88 Member

That is ridiculously immature. I hope you meant he was a school friend when you were both twelve or something.

haha, no... this was in college... he was a frat bro
  • WisheeNY
    WisheeNY Posts: 72 Member
    I don't ever get rejected because I'm too shy to even ATTEMPT to put myself out there to date.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    It's usually my personality that repels people :tongue:

Once, just once, was I rejected due to what I believe was my physical appearance. The sad thing was, I wasn't even overweight, but I also wasn't a skinny, blond, or subsiding on 500 calories a day. Too bad, I found the one I want and the one that wants me, and I'm happy as a pig in **** :laugh:
  • Jestinia

haha, no... this was in college... he was a frat bro

Ah well, I've heard too many keg parties can seriously retard mental and emotional development. :laugh:
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    I've been rejected because of my weight, but for every rejection (which is a suprisingly small number), I've been asked out more often.

I gotta hand it to my friend. I've been crushing on him for YEARS and he let me down so gentle. I was miffed when it happened, but looking back, that boy had CLASS!

And IDK what you mean by at a certain weight things are impeded. I was 346 at my heaviest, and aside from no "hold me up" positions, my husband and I's intimate life is not hindered in ANY way, shape, or form.
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    I don't ever get rejected because I'm too shy to even ATTEMPT to put myself out there to date.
    awww Sweetie, this made my heart break for ya. I spent the first 35 yrs of my life living this way - hiding behind my handicap sister (I used her as a excuse for everything)! Please put yourself out there. You're absolutely BEAUTIFUL and everyone deserves happiness. Once I put myself out there I met my husband and have been so happy for the last 9 years, but I regret the years of loneliness. Don't waste to much time being scared, because ya can't get it back! Blessings :flowerforyou:
  • HaelaBaer
    HaelaBaer Posts: 44
    I don't mind a big guy. In fact I prefer them. A big guy usually isn't a shallow guy.
    I've been rejected, but I know it's not me. It's them.
  • VoodooSyxx
    VoodooSyxx Posts: 297
    I've been rejected hundreds of times. I don't think I ever stuck around to find out why though. Who gives s**t? I make one move and one move only. Wasn't successful on this run? Ok, onto the next.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    I've been rejected because my credit score wasn't high enough.
  • LeiaLemon
    LeiaLemon Posts: 25
    I was rejected for having a 'bubble butt' when I was younger and it wasn't a popular trait and I have also been turned down for jobs because I didn't meet their criteria which they couldn't specifically state it was my weight but they did say that the appeal of the persons working there were more fit and were hoping to maintain that appearance 'not to say I wasn't in good shape'.... yeah... riiiiiight!

It's natural to be silently judged on how you look, I judge people silently or more so have internal commentary and then call myself a be-yotch for thinking that way but we all do it no matter how much we'd like to say we don't.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    No, not exactly. But I've noticed I tend to attract older men for some reason. I did once have a housemate tell me he'd have asked me out if I was thinner (I wouldn't have wanted him to, and his BMI was probably higher than mine at the time!). I was dumped due to my race once (well, three times by the same person actually).
    OK That person....Why did they go out with you in the first place? Didn't they know your race and that they had a problem with it? And three times? shakes head.