When Does It All STOP ?

"I'm OVER by 500 calories, but I've been busy out all day and drank 12 glasses of water. I'll just have a mini eclair"

"I have Piloxing tomorrow. 1 more cookie won't hurt."

"I've been on my laptop all day, and it's quite inconvenient to get out of the recliner. I won't workout today."

"According to the scale at the doctor / hospital / clinic, I gained all but 5lbs back. Ugh, whatever !"

"My mental health day / week turned into a month....Oh well !"

Replies

• SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    when you decide it stops
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    When you're sick of the scale not moving or your clothes not fitting.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    When YOU make the commitment to YOURSELF that it stops - that is the only time that it will.
  • iamspdd
    iamspdd Posts: 134 Member
    Luckily for you, you don't have to wait for it to end. You can end it now. The choice is yours. :flowerforyou:
  • julesburn
    julesburn Posts: 13 Member
    You are in control! Honestly, it's a mental barrier. You can't expect to have a perfect day every day, but you can make even bad days better with food, exercise, even mental outlook choices. If you have a slip one day, move past it, dust yourself off, and keep a strong face on. It may never "stop" per se, but you'll have those "bad days" less and less, and they'll be smaller deals. I have faith in you!

Also, I gotta know, what is piloxing, because it just sounds awesome and..I want to do it.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    There is still a HUGE problem with the fitness industry using terms like, weight loss and goals, and putting time frames for doing this and that. Fitness is not a diet or a goal to reach a weight by this date or in that many weeks. It is a daily activity for life. You eat healthy most of the time and in tune with what your body needs. You exercise daily to fend off physical disease and help stabilize emotional fitness.

It does not end. It really just begins when you start making it a priority for a quality life.
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    I'll take Today for $500 Alex
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Today, right now. Now that you noticed it.
  • SexiLexi1989
    SexiLexi1989 Posts: 31 Member
    Everyone has already said it as clearly as can be, it all stops when We make a decision to make it stop.

You're in a place most of us have seen, and possibly will see again.

Something has to trigger a person for change, what ever hat change may be.

Good luck, start back RIGHT NOW making the effort to change.

***nothing tastes as good as being healthy feels!***
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    when you are willing to do the work. It is a lot of hard work.

I hate discipline, I had rather just eat whatever I want and then comes those consequences. It is like saying I am enjoying myself and I don't want to change.
  • spirytwynd
    spirytwynd Posts: 141 Member
    Let the old ways stop. That is your choice. It is to stop living by default (taking whatever comes your way without effort) and to start living on purpose, living by making decisive choices. And remember, one of the core principles of this site is making sustainable life changes. This boils down to making changes in your life that you can live with long term. What you change is your choice. This isn't a sprint or short term change. This is the beginning of the rest of your life. What are you going to do with it?
  • lollipoprincess
    lollipoprincess Posts: 117 Member
    Why choose failure when success is also an option? ;) Start now.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    You are in control! Honestly, it's a mental barrier. You can't expect to have a perfect day every day, but you can make even bad days better with food, exercise, even mental outlook choices. If you have a slip one day, move past it, dust yourself off, and keep a strong face on. It may never "stop" per se, but you'll have those "bad days" less and less, and they'll be smaller deals. I have faith in you!

Also, I gotta know, what is piloxing, because it just sounds awesome and..I want to do it.

This! What she said! We gotta change our outlook, I've always said you lose weight in your head first!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    What's piloxing?
  • LloydSev
    LloydSev Posts: 41 Member
    I'll take Today for $500 Alex

"You've found our Daily Double!

This person's weight loss journey began on what day?"

"What is ... Today"

Weight loss is entirely more mental than it is physical. The physical thing? That's all mental too. Your body can do more than your brain lets you think. It's just hard, mentally. Laziness is a state of being. Excuses are a bad rationale.

Success begins today with every decision you make. You can splurge, but you have to be able to "afford" that splurge. Today I had a caniac combo at raisin' canes. It was 1200 calories, but I adjust my food intake and exercise routine to accommodate that for today. You can have a muffin, or a donut, a pack of m&ms. But you have to be committed to bartering with yourself and giving something in return for that reward.
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    There is still a HUGE problem with the fitness industry using terms like, weight loss and goals, and putting time frames for doing this and that. Fitness is not a diet or a goal to reach a weight by this date or in that many weeks. It is a daily activity for life. You eat healthy most of the time and in tune with what your body needs. You exercise daily to fend off physical disease and help stabilize emotional fitness.

It does not end. It really just begins when you start making it a priority for a quality life.

Well said!
  • imjolly
    imjolly Posts: 176 Member
    : ) Googled it: PILOXING® is a non-stop, interval fusion of standing pilates, boxing and dance that will push you past your limits!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Pink-Care-Bear-Is-Sad-People-Stopped-Caring.gif

When you start caring about yourself and stop making excuses and wallowing in self-pity.
  • When you decide it stops