Most ridiculous serving size?

Replies

• FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Cereal! Who can eat 1/4 cup of cereal, really? I certainly can't! So I don't eat it much... when I eat it I need a giant bowl of it! HAHA

That's why I dump a whole cup of fresh fruit on my cereal.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Also, anything that serves 0.5 of a person. Like servings per container: 3.5. Just a giant pet peeve.

Soylent Green is people.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    I find those low cal snacks amusing (ie special k crisps etc) so It'll say only 100 cals per serving and you get like 10 chips or something. It's like duh, 10 chips of ANY brand would be that so there's nothing low cal about it. Or those little pkgs with the handful of mini oreos with no cream. So I'd rather buy a big bag of chips and separate it into baggies myself. Saves a Tonne of $. They're not fooling me! LOL
  • BigVeggieDream
    BigVeggieDream Posts: 1,101 Member
    The reason they make the servings so small is so they can advertise things like low fat or low calories. Have you ever looked at a spray can of PAM. It says one serving is 1/8 of a second. They can then claim 0 calories. .That's ridiculous because no one can cover the bottom of a pan in 1/8 of a second. it's oil and oil is laden with calories, but since they make the serving size so minute they can claim low fat and 0 calories
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    1 can of tuna = 6 oz.

Serving size?

2 oz.

Huh?

Who eats 1/3 can of salmon?????
    THIS IS HILLARIOUS!!! and so true
  • skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member
    PASTA! pisses me off, 85grams or 56 grams is an ant on the plate, BAH I just stay away from it, there's not point, well actually I now found the whole wheat yolk free egg noodles, I can have 2.5 cups.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    PASTA! pisses me off, 85grams or 56 grams is an ant on the plate, BAH I just stay away from it, there's not point, well actually I now found the whole wheat yolk free egg noodles, I can have 2.5 cups.

You beat me to it! I was about to say how come nobody mentioned that? 56 grams (2 oz) of cooked pasta is just sad.. I need to have 4 times that quantity to consider it a meal.
  • skrlec70
    skrlec70 Posts: 302 Member

You beat me to it! I was about to say how come nobody mentioned that? 56 grams (2 oz) of cooked pasta is just sad.. I need to have 4 times that quantity to consider it a meal.

eff I know! the other day I had some , my mfp calc was wrong, but I thought yaaaaaaaaaay, I dunno what I was looking at, anyways, I filled up the bowl, walked by my husband , he giggles and says oh cheat day, I proudly respond nope MFP says its ok, all the while my gut was telling me rose its not right, yaya its ok, I went to check and FWOOF was I off LOLOL more then half had to go back :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    I bought a "family size" roasted chicken from the supermarket tonight for supper. It said 10 servings…..we have a little bit left and there were only 4 of us!

The cereal is crazy…..on the box the bowl looks so big and full! In reality 3/4 c. - not so much.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I need a double serving of pasta to be satisfied.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    I bought a "family size" roasted chicken from the supermarket tonight for supper. It said 10 servings…..we have a little bit left and there were only 4 of us!

The cereal is crazy…..on the box the bowl looks so big and full! In reality 3/4 c. - not so much.

I've been known to eat a half of a chicken to myself a time or two. 10 servings is ridiculous.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    I don't even eat them. What a waste of calories..
    My husband will sit down and eat a whole row of them. Thats like 1000000 calories, yet he's still super skinny!

That was a quick deactivate but at least it was over Oreos.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Smart Ones sundaes. I need the people at Smart Ones to make those a little bit bigger.

Haha. Yeah, they're like two bites. Not even decent sized bites.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member

The 2 oz for a pasta serving is the uncooked weight.
  • tl_dr
    tl_dr Posts: 96
    Ramen... Official serving size is half a package. Are you really supposed to half the noodles and seasoning and save the rest for later? Yeesh. :huh:
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Ice cream. Any icecream. The serving size is always like...1/2 cup...uhhh ok, I'm eating half the tub so screw that.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member

The 2 oz for a pasta serving is the uncooked weight.

Tell that to my pasta maker who lists uncooked serving size at 10 grams (less than half an oz) :/
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    Pasta. Cheese. Cheesy pasta. Bread you use to sop up pasta sauce. Etc.
  • ColleenDeBeasi
    ColleenDeBeasi Posts: 27 Member
    Triscuits (or really any cracker). 6 crackers, yeah right!