why do people fr and never like anything on your page?

naturesfinest4688
naturesfinest4688 Posts: 117 Member
I compliment on success and food and excercise diaries others sit in silence???Wonder if everyone has that.

Replies

• HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    I don't have time to "like" everything that everyone posts...
  • Mar_11
    Mar_11 Posts: 35
    I don't have many friends and I "like" lots of things they post. I rarely comment on things though. I personally don't have time but I tell them that up front when the FR came in or was sent.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    I compliment on success and food and excercise diaries others sit in silence???Wonder if everyone has that.

Maybe your page is just boring.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    I always comment or like what people post.....:)
  • amberrenee813
    amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
    I consider myself to be a pretty good commenter/liker so I get rid of those who don't at least a few times a week.
  • Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    I tell people that send me FRs to not expect me to be a cheerleader. That way they know I'm not there to give them a false sense of self importance with ridiculous, virtual pats on the back. I guess I only want emotionally strong folks on my list.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Not really sure why you feel the need to have everything liked and commented on... people have stuff to do, not just sitting there saying "Good job" or "congrats" or "keep it up" every time you complete a day.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    I DO have a couple like that. I don't expect someone to comment or like everything that I do, I realize not everyone works from home on the computer like me, but some people say NOTHING! And don't even "like" it when you give a word of encouragement on one of their successes (days logged, under calorie goal, etc)
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    I DO have a couple like that. I don't expect someone to comment or like everything that I do, I realize not everyone works from home on the computer like me, but some people say NOTHING! And don't even "like" it when you give a word of encouragement on one of their successes (days logged, under calorie goal, etc)

THE NERVE OF PEOPLE!!!
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Maybe they're foreign spies.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    **will not make joke about putting pants on
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member

THE NERVE OF PEOPLE!!!
    Well, I don't know any other point in friending ppl on here except to encourage each other SOMETIMES! I've even been friended by someone who's profile is totally private. What's the point? I don't know anything about them at all.
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member

Do eet!!!
  • _101010_
    _101010_ Posts: 121
    be_careful_its_a_trap_640_03.jpg
  • 4aces61
    4aces61 Posts: 292 Member
    I'm very active. I sent you a FR
  • sting5
    sting5 Posts: 408

THE NERVE OF PEOPLE!!!

this^
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Can't say that I do.... but I tend to comment most on people who interest me or that I've known the longest.
  • Beautifulreflections
    Beautifulreflections Posts: 86 Member
    Because some people just aren't...needy? Maybe that's not the right word. I don't know, I don't require or need anyone to like anything of mine in their feed.

Since MFP posts automatically (and yes I know that can be changed) I typically scroll through anything that isn't a paragraph because its not really a MFP "friend" reaching out for anything.

Signed on 300+ plus days, ok that's showing some serious dedication and it gives me a genuine feeling of appreciation for their efforts. Back for day 5? Cool story bro...moving on.

Bottom line, defriend those who don't fulfill your "needs" and have no regrets. They probably won't even notice. Unless of course they are checking in daily for the pant less profile pics...
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    I don't like people who go around without pants putting their damn boots on the counter. :angry: