5"5 ladies.. what is your ideal weight

Options
123457»

Replies

• Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    This is such an interesting thread! I never know how much anyone else weighs, though I'm often curious. When I was growing up, my mom barely weighed over 100 pounds. She was about 5'3 and very petite. I caught up to her in middle school. I'm 5'4 and a half and have spent most of my adult life around 140 pounds. What I find so interesting is the different sizes that everyone here wears. I know that some of it depends on how you like your clothes to fit but it is also really indicative of bone structure etc. I started on MFP in January because of my usual Halloween Candy, Thanksgiving Stuffing, Christmas Party weight gain. This time I'd actually crept over 150 which I hadn't been since college (too much beer, pizza and no exercise!). At 151 my clothes were tight and I felt thick. I am much better at losing than I am at maintaining so the pounds came off like clockwork. A pound or a pound and a half a week. At 145 my size 12s were loose again and the 10s felt fine. At 140 people noticed the weight loss and my 10s were comfortably loose (which is how I like my clothes to fit!). While I could probably stay at 140 forever and be happy and healthy, I wanted to continue because I still have the thick middle and I want to give myself some wiggle room for weight fluctuation. I also upped my calories from 1200 to 1500 so I could practice eating more like a regular person but that's a story for another thread! I am at 137 right now and my goal was to get to 135. I'm 48 years old and see no reason to be in the 120s or lower. I think I'd look horrible. My face is already kind of too skinny as it is. So as many people have pointed out, I think it really depends on body type, age, activity level etc. If I could wave a magic wand, I'd stay at 130 for the rest of my life without the flab around my middle.
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhere between 5.4 and 5.5. I want to get below 130. I'm medium framed.

The interesting thing is that I have been losing weight but not necessarily inches. That, coupled with all the amazing photos of women who lift in success stories, tells me that I need to forget the number on the scale and start strength training to get smaller.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5", SW153, CW145, GW120 something. The lowest I have been was 120 and I was in my 30's (48 now).
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    5'6 and 127 lbs. My ideal weight would be 115 - 120. I've been trying to lose this last 10 lbs for a year now, but I'm very set on putting in more effort and dropping down to 120 by September.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Been maintaining right around my goal weight of 130# for about 10 months now. I have a couple pounds of fat I'd like to lose if possible and I would like to increase my lean mass to a bit over 100#, excluding "GI bulk," which means gaining about 5. Not in a big hurry, though... Slow and steady is fine at this point.
  • rainbowunicorns720
    rainbowunicorns720 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is actually reassuring! I'm 5'4 and still have a lot to lose after losing some already. I was thinking i'd have at least 100 to go to get as small as I want to be but seeing some of you ladies at 130-140...you look great! Maybe I don't have to go as low as I thought. My lowest was 156 and I can't imagine losing another 38 pounds on top of that. Theres a much broader range in weight than I thought there would be for this height to appear the size I want to. I think I'll shoot for 130 but depending on how i look along the way that might change. I think I would like to be a size 4/6 but that may not look good on me...so i'm just shooting for a look not a number or size.
  • DagobaGirl
    DagobaGirl Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a large frame and my goal is in the 140-150 lb range!
  • EvelynR1967
    EvelynR1967 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and down to 150. My goal?? 125-130
  • ElizabethElane
    ElizabethElane Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", trying to get down to 120-130
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Seeing these weights that people post here makes me depressed XD
    I'm 5'5 and goal weight right now is 142-145. The *lowest* I've been was 130 and I just looked ill, so I have no interest in going back to the 130s. I'll just probably stay on the higher range of the "healthy" weights, but it matches my body I think (or I hope)

I'm 5'4" and I look my best around 150lbs. I was down around 145lbs a few years ago and people I worked with were asking me if I was sick. Looking back at the pictures I have from that time period, I look unhealthy. I'll be happy between 150-155lbs. I have no desire to be any smaller than that.
  • Nyrissa
    Nyrissa Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm going for 125-135.
    I liked being that size, it suited my frame well.
  • MissLCWolff
    MissLCWolff Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 140 pounds, but that's a more or less arbitrary goal (I chose my goal based on a chart of healthy weight ranges for different frames and 140 overlapped with all of the ranges for 5'5" women). I have no idea what 140 will actually look like on me because the last time I was at that weight I was in middle school and a good 3-4 inches shorter.
  • mceidsness
    mceidsness Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I'm told my ideal weight is 125-130. The lowest I've ever been is 170. I have always felt like I would be happy maintaining at 140-150 and then think about going lower or not. My brain cannot yet conceive what 125-130 would even be like. That's *almost* half of me!
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    5'5 and 105 lbs, I've always been small and I'm only 19 at the moment so my metabolism is still raging! I've lost weight over the years when I became a little gym bunny. I'm sure I'll gain weight in the future and I'm REALLY hoping to gain some weight in muscle. :smile:

I don't look sick, as others have described as looking at low weights, because of my frame. You'd be pretty shocked if you seen me because you wouldn't think I weighed so little, although I am slim. This is why weight and goals should be totally personal! Don't compare yourself to others. :flowerforyou:
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    HereWeGoAgain7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    5'5" and whatever weight my body is when I get to 18% body fat. :laugh: My lowest was 140ish and I had people asking me what kind of cancer I was getting treated for...I wasn't.

I would rather the people who actually need the support for life changing diseases get the focus they need until a cure is found.
  • jgsimon1
    jgsimon1 Posts: 61
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently weigh 133. I couple of years ago, I went down to 119 and it looked terrible on me. I need to stay between 128-135 and continue to work out. I started at 157 the day after Christmas this time and am down 24 pounds in 4 + months. I'll probably try to lose about 5 more pounds before I maintain. I tend to yo yo sometimes.....so, if I start at the low end of my goal....that will give me some breathing room.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    5'5", 125 lbs, small frame, size 4, and about 23% BF right now. I'd like to get under 20% BF, so I have a feeling I'll end up around 120 and in a size 2, but I'm not specifically aiming for that. Goal is to knock off as much as I can by September. I have a honeymoon on a beach to be ready for.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    5''5' and recently reached my goal of 120lbs. I feel pretty satisfied, but I've got a small frame so I could go down a few more lbs and not look sick.
  • cara4fit
    cara4fit Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have a very delicate bone structure(but not Asian), so 112 or so would be perfect for me. Right now, I'm a little above 120, and it SHOWS(to me anyway although other people don't notice as much) because it's all around my middle(post-menopausal), but otherwise I'm in good shape from working out.
  • emjohnson03
    emjohnson03 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just to chime in here.

I'm 5'5 as well and have long legs so people always think I'm taller.

I started out at 135 which really looked fine on me but I'm apple shaped so it was all in my stomach.

I'm down to 118ish now and I think that's where I need to be. I could go down a few more but I don't want my doctor to yell at me, haha!

I would like to stay between 118 and 125.