5"5 ladies.. what is your ideal weight

123457»

Replies

• Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    This is such an interesting thread! I never know how much anyone else weighs, though I'm often curious. When I was growing up, my mom barely weighed over 100 pounds. She was about 5'3 and very petite. I caught up to her in middle school. I'm 5'4 and a half and have spent most of my adult life around 140 pounds. What I find so interesting is the different sizes that everyone here wears. I know that some of it depends on how you like your clothes to fit but it is also really indicative of bone structure etc. I started on MFP in January because of my usual Halloween Candy, Thanksgiving Stuffing, Christmas Party weight gain. This time I'd actually crept over 150 which I hadn't been since college (too much beer, pizza and no exercise!). At 151 my clothes were tight and I felt thick. I am much better at losing than I am at maintaining so the pounds came off like clockwork. A pound or a pound and a half a week. At 145 my size 12s were loose again and the 10s felt fine. At 140 people noticed the weight loss and my 10s were comfortably loose (which is how I like my clothes to fit!). While I could probably stay at 140 forever and be happy and healthy, I wanted to continue because I still have the thick middle and I want to give myself some wiggle room for weight fluctuation. I also upped my calories from 1200 to 1500 so I could practice eating more like a regular person but that's a story for another thread! I am at 137 right now and my goal was to get to 135. I'm 48 years old and see no reason to be in the 120s or lower. I think I'd look horrible. My face is already kind of too skinny as it is. So as many people have pointed out, I think it really depends on body type, age, activity level etc. If I could wave a magic wand, I'd stay at 130 for the rest of my life without the flab around my middle.
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    I'm somewhere between 5.4 and 5.5. I want to get below 130. I'm medium framed.

The interesting thing is that I have been losing weight but not necessarily inches. That, coupled with all the amazing photos of women who lift in success stories, tells me that I need to forget the number on the scale and start strength training to get smaller.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    I'm 5' 5", SW153, CW145, GW120 something. The lowest I have been was 120 and I was in my 30's (48 now).
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    5'6 and 127 lbs. My ideal weight would be 115 - 120. I've been trying to lose this last 10 lbs for a year now, but I'm very set on putting in more effort and dropping down to 120 by September.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Been maintaining right around my goal weight of 130# for about 10 months now. I have a couple pounds of fat I'd like to lose if possible and I would like to increase my lean mass to a bit over 100#, excluding "GI bulk," which means gaining about 5. Not in a big hurry, though... Slow and steady is fine at this point.
  • rainbowunicorns720
    rainbowunicorns720 Posts: 48 Member
    Wow! This is actually reassuring! I'm 5'4 and still have a lot to lose after losing some already. I was thinking i'd have at least 100 to go to get as small as I want to be but seeing some of you ladies at 130-140...you look great! Maybe I don't have to go as low as I thought. My lowest was 156 and I can't imagine losing another 38 pounds on top of that. Theres a much broader range in weight than I thought there would be for this height to appear the size I want to. I think I'll shoot for 130 but depending on how i look along the way that might change. I think I would like to be a size 4/6 but that may not look good on me...so i'm just shooting for a look not a number or size.
  • DagobaGirl
    DagobaGirl Posts: 21 Member
    I have a large frame and my goal is in the 140-150 lb range!
  • EvelynR1967
    EvelynR1967 Posts: 78 Member
    I am 5'4 and down to 150. My goal?? 125-130
  • ElizabethElane
    ElizabethElane Posts: 92 Member
    I'm 5'6", trying to get down to 120-130
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Seeing these weights that people post here makes me depressed XD
    I'm 5'5 and goal weight right now is 142-145. The *lowest* I've been was 130 and I just looked ill, so I have no interest in going back to the 130s. I'll just probably stay on the higher range of the "healthy" weights, but it matches my body I think (or I hope)

I'm 5'4" and I look my best around 150lbs. I was down around 145lbs a few years ago and people I worked with were asking me if I was sick. Looking back at the pictures I have from that time period, I look unhealthy. I'll be happy between 150-155lbs. I have no desire to be any smaller than that.
  • Nyrissa
    Nyrissa Posts: 40
    I'm going for 125-135.
    I liked being that size, it suited my frame well.
  • MissLCWolff
    MissLCWolff Posts: 69 Member
    I'm aiming for 140 pounds, but that's a more or less arbitrary goal (I chose my goal based on a chart of healthy weight ranges for different frames and 140 overlapped with all of the ranges for 5'5" women). I have no idea what 140 will actually look like on me because the last time I was at that weight I was in middle school and a good 3-4 inches shorter.
  • mceidsness
    mceidsness Posts: 28 Member
    Hmm, I'm told my ideal weight is 125-130. The lowest I've ever been is 170. I have always felt like I would be happy maintaining at 140-150 and then think about going lower or not. My brain cannot yet conceive what 125-130 would even be like. That's *almost* half of me!
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    5'5 and 105 lbs, I've always been small and I'm only 19 at the moment so my metabolism is still raging! I've lost weight over the years when I became a little gym bunny. I'm sure I'll gain weight in the future and I'm REALLY hoping to gain some weight in muscle. :smile:

I don't look sick, as others have described as looking at low weights, because of my frame. You'd be pretty shocked if you seen me because you wouldn't think I weighed so little, although I am slim. This is why weight and goals should be totally personal! Don't compare yourself to others. :flowerforyou:
  • HereWeGoAgain7
    HereWeGoAgain7 Posts: 163 Member
    5'5" and whatever weight my body is when I get to 18% body fat. :laugh: My lowest was 140ish and I had people asking me what kind of cancer I was getting treated for...I wasn't.

I would rather the people who actually need the support for life changing diseases get the focus they need until a cure is found.
  • jgsimon1
    jgsimon1 Posts: 61
    I'm 5'4" and currently weigh 133. I couple of years ago, I went down to 119 and it looked terrible on me. I need to stay between 128-135 and continue to work out. I started at 157 the day after Christmas this time and am down 24 pounds in 4 + months. I'll probably try to lose about 5 more pounds before I maintain. I tend to yo yo sometimes.....so, if I start at the low end of my goal....that will give me some breathing room.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    5'5", 125 lbs, small frame, size 4, and about 23% BF right now. I'd like to get under 20% BF, so I have a feeling I'll end up around 120 and in a size 2, but I'm not specifically aiming for that. Goal is to knock off as much as I can by September. I have a honeymoon on a beach to be ready for.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    5''5' and recently reached my goal of 120lbs. I feel pretty satisfied, but I've got a small frame so I could go down a few more lbs and not look sick.
  • cara4fit
    cara4fit Posts: 111 Member
    I have a very delicate bone structure(but not Asian), so 112 or so would be perfect for me. Right now, I'm a little above 120, and it SHOWS(to me anyway although other people don't notice as much) because it's all around my middle(post-menopausal), but otherwise I'm in good shape from working out.
  • emjohnson03
    emjohnson03 Posts: 8 Member
    Just to chime in here.

I'm 5'5 as well and have long legs so people always think I'm taller.

I started out at 135 which really looked fine on me but I'm apple shaped so it was all in my stomach.

I'm down to 118ish now and I think that's where I need to be. I could go down a few more but I don't want my doctor to yell at me, haha!

I would like to stay between 118 and 125.