Eating two quest bars a day...slightly obsessed...

Replies

• Ever tried microwaving them? Oh god..
  • FitNurseLex
    FitNurseLex Posts: 66 Member
    Yum yum to the Cinnamon Roll flavor!! When heated up, it tastes like the real deal! I love Quest bars, but I've had to cut back on them b/c of the price as well! :sigh:
  • Foxtrot2N
    Foxtrot2N Posts: 184 Member
    I have 1-2 a day as meals. I do 6 small meals during the course of the day and they fit in the counts beautifully. It does feel a bit expensive but in my mind every dollar I spend on them to get healthy is another day I get to live. So far, it's a worthwhile trade. :glasses:
  • OH MY GOD.

Yes!!! They are SO good :) I am completely obsessed. People should check our their instagram and recipe blog too for what else you can do with them. Some people bake them to make them into cookies! I haven't done it yet, but holy shnikes it looks good.

ALSO, I started by buying them at GNC but have heard that vitamin shoppe is much cheaper by like $5-6 a box or once you've tried some I would try the Amazon route!
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    I have 1/2 of one after my morning workout, and then the other 1/2 as an afternoon snack. The chocolate chip cookie dough one lives up to the hype (especially when microwaved for 15 seconds).

They are pricey, but you can't beat the amount of protein vs. calories and net carbs and calories. Also, if you have blood sugar issues, they are low on the glycemic index (which has been incredibly helpful for me).

-June
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    I prefer Cliff or Think Thin bars, but yes, I love eating several a day and wish they weren't so expensive!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,262 Member
    I once ate a whole box of fiber one bars, but that's cause they taste like a glorified candy bar and I just cant have candy bars in my home.

Fiber One bars KILL ME. They DO taste amazing but I've tried them twice and both times ended up with the most painful cramping of my life. Like, crying, begging my fiance to take me to the ER and not being able to stand up kind of pain.

So I've determined they have a lethal amount of fiber that my body just can't handle..
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I love the fiber ones bars, but they make me fart badly.
  • cenafan
    cenafan Posts: 398 Member
    honest question...why are you eating so many? I eat one before my morning workout (only because I can't eat a big meal that early). But I would rather have "real" food for those calories vs. a bar. KWIM? I also find it really throws my digestive system off if I replace too much food with bars.
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    nmiller - FYI, if you call or email them they will send you 2 free bars by mail for FREE
  • romancefan1983
    romancefan1983 Posts: 88 Member
    Yummy Quest bars!! My fav is Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough microwaved for 15 seconds. OMG!!

But anywho.... I only eat one per day right now but have eaten 2 before. I wish they weren't so expensive but they are worth the price to me.
  • jennybennypenny
    jennybennypenny Posts: 90 Member
    I totally eat 1-3/day too... They're so expensive, but they're so tasty and the macros are good that I'm with others--sometimes I prefer them over real food! Ditto on buying them online to save money.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Where are you getting them? I can only find them at GNC.

I order them direct from Quest Nutrition.com, they give discounts if you have a rolling order.
  • I'm addicted to these too.. My favorite is chocolate chip cookie dough. I eat 1-2 per day.
    In Canada the best price I have found (including shipping) is Canadianprotein.com.
  • I just ate about 8 quest bars.... light, weight, baby~
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    I just got the strawberry cheesecake flavor. They are very expensive and taste pretty good. I'm tempted to have one now. Are the "active carbs" on the label accurate? I thought you can't just add a bunch of fiber to something to remove the carbs?
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    I WANT to eat more than one a day, but I'm trying to *only* eat them when I don't have time for lunch.

I kill the Cookies and Cream one...
    I bought a box of that and a box of the Variety Pack. They sent me a free C&C.

Dear God, they are so good.
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    I don't know, but I heard they are actually in litigation for the fiber issue. There were reports that they were over reporting their fiber count, but a consumer advocate group reported that the amt of fiber is actually correct.

It only increased the calories by 30 something, so they'd be 200 calories instead of 170.

Still damn good.
  • Ronni66
    Ronni66 Posts: 43
    I've never tried Quest bars LOL Do they have alot of sugar? My obsession is peanuts, in the shell. I can eat protein all day long so peanuts make me happy inside :)
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Ever tried microwaving them? Oh god..

Yes!! Best thing ever!!