The Difference 20 lbs Can Make! (with pics)

ErinMcMom
ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
Hi y'all!
So, I don't know if I'm officially a "success story" since I'm definitely not at my final goal, but I made some before and after pics today and was too happy with them not to share.

After having 2 kids (2.5 yrs old and 4.5 yrs old. 1 baby was a 10 pounder!) all of the baby weight never quite came off the way I'd hoped. I thought I had no time for exercise and I was happy eating junk on the go. Eventually I realized just how much my weight gain was effecting my confidence and how miserable I was to have a closet full of clothes that didn't fit me anymore, so I decided to jump in headfirst and get back into those clothes.

I bought a Fitbit to help me squeeze movement in throughout the day and started out with a goal of 10,000 steps per day. Now I average 20,000 steps per day and sometimes more. I've started c25k and I'll be running in my first 5k at the end of May! I eat what I want, as long as it fits into my calorie goals for the day (or for the week when it comes to eating out/special occasions).

Today I'm 55 days in and 20 lbs down. I'm starting to move back into my old clothes and my confidence is returning in leaps and bounds.

8EAPB6R.pnggbQ5Y4O.png

Replies

• rosiegoes
    rosiegoes Posts: 16 Member
    inspiring!

congratulations :)
  • sjanejack
    sjanejack Posts: 158
    Great job! You can really see the difference
  • Sharky1964
    Sharky1964 Posts: 10
    Awesome!!!
  • Great job! Keep up the great work.
  • jogy
    jogy Posts: 77 Member
    Wonderful! You look amazing!
  • sunitar292
    sunitar292 Posts: 77 Member
    You look awesome! Keep it up!! :flowerforyou:
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    Awesome job! Keep up the great work
  • rsoice
    rsoice Posts: 212 Member
    Way to go!! Keep on keepin on!
  • jaxgetshealthy
    jaxgetshealthy Posts: 11 Member
    You look really amazing - well done... I have 20 to lose and if I look like you in the next 55 days I will be chuffed to bits!
  • Excellent! Well done
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    You look amazing! I am 56 days in and down about 15 lbs! I do my pictures again next Tuesday and hope I can start seeing the results like you can on you! I definitely can tell that my clothes are fitting better! And I was able to fit into a size 10 dress for Mother's Day yesterday!

You are inspiring!!! Keep it up! And mind if I ask how tall you are?
  • ackman2002
    ackman2002 Posts: 69 Member
    You look great. Amazing Job.
  • ErinMcMom
    Thanks everyone! :)

@jaxgetshealthy - Thanks! You got this girl! Feel free to add me as a friend and I'll cheer you on and kick your butt into gear when you need it! ;)

@michelle_816 - Thank-you and congrats on your loss so far! I'm 5'9"
  • cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Incredible!! And FAST! WTG!
  • soontobeskinnytbird
    soontobeskinnytbird Posts: 10 Member
    Yay - this is just what I needed today. I'm a week in and I weigh about the same as your starting weight and would love to be your current weight. Thanks, those pictures are a real inspiration.
  • amongstthewildflowers
    amongstthewildflowers Posts: 89 Member
    Wow, you look amazing! You can see a huge difference!! Great job.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Great job!! I needed this inspiration this morning!!
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Great Work!!!
  • ErinMcMom
    Oh, and stats for the curious since I've gotten some PM's :)

5'9"
    Starting Weight: 168 lbs - Current Weight; 148 lbs
    Starting Waist: 38" - Current Waist 30"
    Starting Hips: 43" - Current Hips: 40"
    Starting BMI: 24.5 - Current BMI: 21.8
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Yes my dear - 20lbs is all it takes. I wish I saw more stories like yours! You rock and look amazing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!