67 calorie Skinny Pumpkin Frappuccino

amberrenee813
amberrenee813 Posts: 395 Member
0de0ae64-a730-490a-82c1-1248f5d1bc0f_zps9fcd9d4f.jpg

Ingredients:

1 and 1/2 cups (12 oz) cold coffee
1 and 1/4 cups (10 oz) unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any milk)
1/4 cup (57 grams) pumpkin puree
3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup (or equal amount of honey, agave, or 4 packets stevia or other sweetener)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon*
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves*
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg*
light whipped cream, optional
Directions:

Brew the coffee. Pour coffee into a large mug and refrigerate overnight. Coffee MUST be very cold.

In a small bowl, whisk the milk, pumpkin, sweetener of choice, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg together until combined. Pour into ice cube tray and allow to freeze.

Once coffee is cold and pumpkin ice cubes are frozen, add to your blender and blend on high until smooth and icy. Add more milk if your blender isn't blending it well. Taste the frozen drink and add more sweetener or spices if needed. Top with whipped cream, if desired. Serve immediately.

This recipe can make 2 small frappuccinos or 1 VERY (very very very!) large. The large skinny frappuccino sweetened with maple syrup only has 217.5 calories – one large frappuccino sweetened with stevia (or other 0 calorie sweetener) only has 67.5 calories. This is compared to 630 calories from the coffee shop.

How’d I get that number?

1.25 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk = 37.5 cals
1.5 cups coffee = 0 cals
1/4 cup pumpkin puree = 20 cals
3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup = 150 cals
spices = 0 cals
2 servings light whipped cream = 10 cals

If you choose to use a different sweetener, be sure to adjust the calories accordingly if you are counting. If you use stevia, a natural sweetener, your frappe will have less calories. To me, it’s not the calories, but the quality of ingredients going into my drink. Pumpkin flavor from pure pumpkin, not pumpkin syrups or flavorings. No excess sugar out of your control and you can use your favorite sweetener or low fat (dairy or non) milk.

Replies