Daily Check-in and Chat

Replies

• karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    I still have 6 weeks to go but I'm already wondering what to do next... I loveee SC but I have a hard time committing to a program, as I like doing my own thing sometimes. What are you all planning to do once you finish the program? I have the NROL supercharged (I think?) at home... and the Female Body Breakthrough as well. I never completed any of those, maybe I'll do that. I'm not sure!

But I am not feeling very motivated to workout right now ;( I don't know why, I just don't feel like getting my *kitten* in the gym. Bleh... But I'll finish this program, so I'll do it! Phase 2, third week starting tonight!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Hi ladies! So I kind of strayed off course a bit with the SC program. Been exercising and somewhat incorporating the lower body template into my workouts, but the frequency has been pretty inconsistent. I'm in more of a cardio frame of mind lately but every night I do some goblet squats and kettlebell swings.

I'm still working on cutting - that's not going so well but in my stressed out state I had stopped logging. Have not been overeating as much as over-carbing. I am a human sponge when it comes to water weight, so it's hard to know how much I may or may not be losing. Going to track again for a little while because I need to get rid of some of this weight. I'm back in most of my clothes but snugly and I hate having a muffin top. Even when I was overweight I didn't have that problem, being so pear shaped!

The weather is getting nice so here's to salads and fresh fruit!!!
  • jamaicanlady
    jamaicanlady Posts: 878 Member
    Thanks JKDlady! But it's only for 8 reps.

freckles, how are those DLs treating you? I don't think I ever got the form perfect.

karine, I'm currently doing NROLS which I like so far and have been seeing good results from. When I did SC I think I was eating too much so I didn't get the spectacular results I was hoping for. But my butt did shape up nicely (I've heard). And I hope you get your mojo back soon. I've been there myself but I've usually been able to push through it and end up feeling motivated again. NROLS is totally motivating me now, because I get to choose my own exercises. Surprisingly I love that, although I expected to hate it.

Gigi, I hope everything is alright with you. Start that logging girl, it's the only thing that keeps me on track sometimes. I find when I don't track, I tend to eat more carbs. Btw, you look great in your pics. That's the size I'd like to be.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Jamaicanlady - sumo deadlifts were...interesting. I could definately feel my hamstrings working a lot more than conventional deadlifts. But I also know my form was off, but I expected that as it was my first time trying them out. Also had to deload from my regular deadlift weight as I think sumo's are more challenging.

So week 9-12 workout A was so-so. I really hate zercher squats. Blah! But that's no surprise because I've always hated front squats and they are pretty much the same thing. I liked workout B much better. Let's face it, anytime I get to do any form of bench I'm a happy camper. Heck, anytime I do any upper body lift I'm a happy camper. It's cuz my legs are weak! But holy F on the hip thrusts and the constant tension method. I thought my glutes were going to explode!
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Hi all,
    Freckles turned me onto this group. I've completed the SC beginner's program and just finished my first week of Gluteal Goddess. I am hoping for a miracle! I did notice improvement with the beginner program. I can "feel" all those backside muscles now, even though they are still covered with layers of fat, can't wait to see them. I think my butt has lifted some, poor thing, I thought it had fallen and couldn't get up :)
    I look forward to reading thru the rest of this forum and gleaning all the good tips you've posted. I am sure I'll be back with questions.
  • __freckles__
    Dandelion - thanks again for the squat sponge rec! Last week I did some hip thrusts @ 115 with my bar pad and it was starting to get painful. Tonight I used my squat sponge @ 135 and didn't feel a thing! I love it!
  • karinefitness
    Dandelion - thanks again for the squat sponge rec! Last week I did some hip thrusts @ 115 with my bar pad and it was starting to get painful. Tonight I used my squat sponge @ 135 and didn't feel a thing! I love it!

Just bought one on Ebay as well! The pads at my gym are awful and it gets painful at around 145 pounds right now.
  • __freckles__
    I did workout C of the advanced program (weeks 9-12) on Sunday and enjoyed it. I decided to try big girl plates since it was only a 3x5 set and I finished it off with no problem. Even thought I could do more reps, but will just increase the weight next week. Holy moly the setup is super easy now!
  • karinefitness
    I did workout C of the advanced program (weeks 9-12) on Sunday and enjoyed it. I decided to try big girl plates since it was only a 3x5 set and I finished it off with no problem. Even thought I could do more reps, but will just increase the weight next week. Holy moly the setup is super easy now!

Ah yes!! Since I use those 45's plates it makes everything easier! No need to set up everything on those aerobic steps anymore... Yay for big girls plates! LOL
  • karinefitness
    How are you ladies doing on the program??? Which phase/week are you all into?

I'm about to start Phase 3 tonight! I can't wait to get my squat sponge in the mail though because 160 pounds is the max I can thurst without pain... and I still have some bruises :( I do have prominent/very visible hip bones so that may be why...

I also decided when I am done with the advanced program, I'll do the lower body program only, with a regular split.
  • __freckles__
    Karine - I'm in phase 3 week 11 I think? But I'm taking a week off from any form of exercise. My baby is really sick and I'm starting to feel a little something coming on, so I'm going to rest and hopefully fight it off. I looked at my calendar and realized I haven't taken a break from working out in 11 months. So I'm not feeling so bad about choosing to sit out this week now. Also cut my bulk short by a week and am now eating at maintenance. Plan is to stay there for 2 weeks and then slowly go into a cut. Yikes! I'm so scared. Plan right now is to re-run the entire advance program and hopefully keep all the beautiful gluteal muscle I've built. :wink:
  • __freckles__
    Hey, where did everybody go? Well my baby got sicker and I came down with it too, so my week off has now extended into 2 weeks off. :sad: Until I can get some adequate sleep and myself better I'll be laying low. Hope everyone else is doing fabulous!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    feel better freckles ^.^
  • jamaicanlady
    Hey freckles. Don't sweat it, 2 weeks is the perfect length of time for some rest. Only a pity that it has to be when you're sick so you can't really enjoy it.

As for me, I'm still here. Not doing SC but using hip thrusts in the program I'm doing which is NROLSupercharged. Feeling a bit discouraged as I've plateaued for quite a while now. I'm eating at maintenance now and will be doing so for 2 weeks before going back to a deficit. I'm hoping that will help to shake things up and break my plateau.
  • __freckles__
    I'm baaaaaaaaack! Well, actually I was back as of Friday and did my first workout after taking off 2 weeks for rest. Baby is pretty much all better and I feel 100% again. As far as my future plans - I need to get back to it because I gained 8 pounds during my 15 week bulk and am now eating at a deficit to try and get rid of some of the fluff.

I'm also switching up my lifting program as I've finished up Advanced Gluteal Goddess and feel like I need a change. I'm going back to PHUL, which is a more traditional 4 day upper/lower body split program. But like jamaincanlady, I'm adding some of my favorite Strong Curves lifts like hip thrusts, glute bridges, american deadlifts, cable straight-leg pull throughs, and good mornings. Will probably also add some of the ab work when I feel like it. I'm excited to get back to doing the old school lifts like bench press, deadlifts, squats, barbell rows and OHP every single week.

I'm not leaving you ladies, however, as I found Strong Curves to be a fantastic program and I need to keep up with all the good tips. :wink:

How is everyone doing on the program?
  • karinefitness
    Glad to see you back freckles, and congrats on finishing the program!!! :)

I quit!! LOL
    I was super exhausted for the past week and a half, I even thought I was pregnant at some point (I'm not, unfortunately). I probably had a virus of something so I took 1 week and a half off. NO exercice at all!!!

I'll be back at it tomorrow. But I think I'll do some cardio/circuits training for 2-3 weeks (Ashley Conrad's Clutch Cut) instead of finishing SC... I just NEED to shed off some fat!! And circuits & cardio have given me the best results when it comes to fat loss. BUT, I'll keep some glutes exercises (hip thrust, x walk, etc).

Not sure what I'll do next... NROL supercharged maybe, or the Female Body Breakthrough? I just don't know... I'm so undecided!! I need a short program!
  • Hi everyone!

I just started the Booty-ful Beginnings programs yesterday. I am a complete newbie when it comes to lifting heavy at all, which is why I'm starting with the beginners program. I'm actually pretty new to exercising on the whole, its been less than a year that I've done things consistently. Most of what I've done so far is cardio and very light hand weight work.

I'm excited to get stronger and hopefully see more drastic changes in my body once I work up to lifting heavy. I've lost about 15 pounds since last July without doing much serious calorie tracking, and I would like to lose 5-10 more on the whole, but my main focus is getting stronger and hopefully looking more shapely.

In addition to this program, I'm starting a training plan to do my first sprint triathlon at the beginning of September. I'm going to schedule things so I have at least 1 total rest day a week, and things start off pretty slow so I think I will manage all right. So glad to read about everyone's experiences with the program so far!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Anyone still around? I'm thinking about starting this. I've been trying to get going on a good strength training program for a while, while also working on some exercises designed to help avoid running injuries and improve my form (I injured my knee in May and had some related physical therapy). I'm strongly inclined to try this program, because a lot of the exercises are consistent with what I've been doing for running (there the focus has been glutes, hip extensors, and hamstrings).
  • __freckles__
    I'm still here and check in every now and then. I loved the program and still use some lifts in my current one. If you have any questions let us know!
  • jamaicanlady
    I'm still here too. Not doing SC right now but I still include hip thrusts at the beginning of all my workouts. I LOVED the program and might get back to doing it again one day.