195 pounds in two years! What a difference! With pics.

Replies

• fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 522 Member
    Congrats, you look awesome and happy!
  • beverlywesterby
    beverlywesterby Posts: 59 Member
    Amazing job!! Such an inspiration :)
  • AtticWindow
    AtticWindow Posts: 295 Member
    This is such an incredible accomplishment!! Well done!!
  • laurabeth326
    laurabeth326 Posts: 124 Member
    That's fantastic, you're an inspiration! Not just for weight loss but your general outlook. Great work
  • sarainiowa
    sarainiowa Posts: 287 Member
    Congrats on your awesome loss. You did wonderful.
  • LisaC101
    LisaC101 Posts: 35 Member
    You look amazing!! Thank you for sharing, it's success stories like this that keep me going!!
  • cheripugh1
    cheripugh1 Posts: 357 Member
    dvssr5.gif

For the third day in a row, I saw this number on the scale, 135! So I guess this is it. Today, May 16, 2014, I must make it official. My two-year quest has landed. My goal was to lose 195 pounds and it is done. For those who are just starting and those who are stalling, and for the ones that have tried every diet in the world but don’t believe they can do it, there’s hope! Yes, it is doable…
    Just dieting and exercising.
    And persevering.
    And trying out things.
    And going on,
    and on.
    And reading.
    And observing.
    And writing.
    And sharing.
    And listening.
    And encouraging others.
    And loving.

ll9qt.gif

You would think I would be ecstatic to have reached my goal. This how I had figured out that day anyway but I was not. I was proud of course but very sad because my body is not looking the way I thought it would, or should or could. Should I lose 5 pounds more? Would that loss fill the hole in my heart? Where is the stop line? There is a beast in me that is called low self-esteem and it is still very hungry, famished and ugly. Appeasing that monster was one of the goals that I had set up on my MFP profile on May 6, 2012, and it hasn’t been achieved yet. So I was sad…

But I was first and foremost scared to death that I have to change something I feel familiar with, losing weight. Maintaining, I have never done before, not even tried. I have always been obese except for 2-3 short periods of my life when I was probably “just” overweight. I say probably because I spent years not looking at myself, avoiding mirrors and scales. And I am still a BIG girl in my mind. At 52, can I really change my behaviors and attitudes? Probably so, to some extent. Some of the changes have been underway since 2 years. For the rest, I will just try to do what I did when I started this journey: I will aim for small steps, and forgiveness, and enjoy a healthy life, one day at a time, one day after the other…

Very suddenly, today, I felt like if I were flying solo, leaving home for the first time, free in the BIG adult world. Like when I got off the bus a very long time ago, at 6 o’clock, in a BIG new town, with a huge handbag on one side and my horn on the other. But I am a big girl now (well, not so BIG, pardon the pun), and I know I am ready for a new and beautiful life tailored just as I want it to be. I am the master of my destiny. I just need to time to adjust...not being BIG… anymore…

2uepsgh.jpg

Anyway, borrowed from a friend, there is a part of my lifetime maintenance diet:

From now on, I refrain from:

Negative thoughts
    Critical or gloomy people
    Whatever stops my smiling
    Whatever keeps me from sleeping at night
    Whatever darkens my mood
    Whatever undermines my self-confidence and causes me anxiety
    Whatever throws a spanner in the works!

In 5 weeks, if all days are the same
    I will have lost 10 pounds in discomfort and illness.
    I will have gained 10 pounds in quality of life and happiness.

And remember: If “A” plan fails, there are 25 more letters in the alphabet!

Thanks to all my dear MFP friends for your support day after day! Without you, I don’t know if I would have succeeded! The journey was so much more interesting and inspiring with you. I drink to your health and happiness. Santé!

You have inspired me and you brought tears to my eyes, I often wonder how I can fix the emotional part and will I have problems with how I will look then... your honest words helped me a lot... and I think you look beautiful, you made it and you will continue to succeed. Thank you for sharing...
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    fabulous!! amazing perspective, thank you so much for sharing. I think I might have to pilfer a few of these words of wise wise wisdom.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Congratulations!!! Yes, it's important to lose the mental poundage, along with the physical, to break the cycle. Sounds like you have a fantastic game-plan.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Fantastic! I love your attitude, too!
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Wow! That is too unreal! Congrats OP!
  • Rocky791
    Rocky791 Posts: 52 Member
    You look fabulous - congratulations!
  • Beloved1rv
    Beloved1rv Posts: 16 Member
    Thanks for the inspiration and honesty! Congrats!!!!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Congratulations!

PS I really, really love your orange shaw.
  • drmcglone
    drmcglone Posts: 80 Member
    You look AMAZING..........Brilliant work.....You have gained years back to your life!
  • tskvaughn
    tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
    Thank you for your story and honesty. Obviously you look amazing, but I also see a light in your eyes that wasn't there before. You ae an inspiration to others, and to that negative self hiding away. Keep inspiring that "self."
    I am sure you feel so much better, and to me that is so much more important.
    You mentioned arriving to town with a "horn." Are you a musician? If so what a wonderful gift. I so admire people with musical talent.
    I love your inspiration quote. I am going to copy it, print it, and keep it in my wallet. I have been struggling with a couple of issues, that while not directly related to my weight, have contributed to my weight issues off and on through out my life, although I have not always been too heavy.
    Thank you again!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Awwww. Congratulations. Thank you for being so open about ALL your feelings.

I am no spring chicken and expect to be dissatisfied perhaps with how my face turns out. I have my ID pic with my goal weight on it but there is no reason to beleive I will look exactly like that since it was a few years ago and time marches on. I'm glad you came out the other side and have this WONDERFUL achievement to draw on whenever anything else is worrysome.

There is a board for Maintenance, perhaps you can find support there for your unexpected feelings by searching the topics and finding out if anyone has felt similarly?

For now this is your SUCCESS THREAD and you have achieved AMAZING success and CONGRATULATIONS. You did it!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :smooched: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :love: :love: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jenns1964
    jenns1964 Posts: 384 Member
    You are an inspiration! You've done a fantastic job.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    This is truly an amazing transformation. You rock, OP!
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    dvssr5.gif

For the third day in a row, I saw this number on the scale, 135! So I guess this is it. Today, May 16, 2014, I must make it official. My two-year quest has landed. My goal was to lose 195 pounds and it is done.

Congratulations, jeansuza, on successfully taking charge of your physical being by dropping the weight over the course of the past 2 years while transforming yourself into a more healthy future!!!!!!

52 is still young in my book (I resemble the age) and a great time to take charge.

All the best with your maintenance and exercise going forward.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!