Ultimate Protein Pancakes... omg.

Replies

• lmerner
    lmerner Posts: 28 Member
    LaurenAOK is the original poster... see her gorgeous photos on the first topic page...just recopying here for convenience. I have made these and they are FANTASTIC. It's Sunday morning, and I'm about to make them again.

Lauren's Post:

Pancakes are great. Protein pancakes are even better. For about a year now I’ve been trying to find the perfect pancake recipe; one that’s healthy, packed with protein, and amazingly delicious. I came pretty close with the original greek yogurt pancakes recipe, but I wasn’t satisfied with the high carb content. All the other lower carb/higher protein recipes I found online just didn’t taste as good.

Finally, an idea struck me. I decided to combine the greek yogurt recipe with a protein powder recipe, by replacing some of the flour in the greek yogurt recipe with protein powder. The result is a pancake recipe that has less carbs, more protein, and tastes even better.I swear, these taste better than the pancakes my mom used to make. I would eat those by the dozen, and they were about 1238484720 times less healthy than this.

Okay, here we go.

Ultimate Protein Pancakes

You’ll need:

6oz plain greek yogurt
    1 large egg white
    1/4 cup all-purpose flour
    1/4 cup (about 2/3 scoop) vanilla whey protein powder
    1 tsp baking soda
    Anything else you’d like to add for flavor (I like adding in strawberries and vanilla extract)
    In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients (protein powder, flour, and baking soda), and mix with a fork until well combined. In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients (egg white and yogurt) and mix until well combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring as you go. The batter should become thick. Add in any extras for flavor, and keep mixing until everything is totally combined.

Heat a skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Drop batter by the spoonful into the pan. Pancakes will expand as they cook, so don’t put them too close together. When little bubbles start to form all throughout the pancake, it’s time to flip it. Flip it a couple of times until it’s thoroughly cooked. Transfer pancakes to a plate, and top with whatever you’d like. They’re plenty flavorful on their own, but adding a couple tablespoons of syrup made them even better!

Makes 6 large pancakes. Nutritional information:

Calories: 314 | Carbs: 34g | Fat: 1g | Protein: 43g (!!!)
    Edited by LaurenAOK On May 17, 2013 5:33 am

I am looking forward to taking these babies for a spin, thank you!
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    I made these this morning! They we're delicious :) my pan is small so ended up getting 8 pancakes out of the mixture!! So full

image_zpscb136ee0.jpg
  • kge0891
    kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
    bump
  • Thanks so much for this recipe. I made it this morning and they are great! The only thing I found was while baking the pancakes were beautifully fluffy but once removed from the skillet they fell flat. They were still good but did i do something wrong or is this what i should expect to happen?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Thanks so much for this recipe. I made it this morning and they are great! The only thing I found was while baking the pancakes were beautifully fluffy but once removed from the skillet they fell flat. They were still good but did i do something wrong or is this what i should expect to happen?

Mine are always a bit flat to be honest. I had some this morning again too. I just love them.
  • carmendave
    carmendave Posts: 18 Member
    Bump
  • Nickih4619093
    Nickih4619093 Posts: 91 Member
    Bump!
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Had these this morning!!! Yum :)
    Bump
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    They came out really god. One thing I've learned from from American test Kitchen though is to let the batter set for 10 minutes before cooking for a fluffier pancake. Mine also stuck to the pan like crazy. Maybe I need a better non-stick skillet. I plan to make again once I invest in another pan.
  • Francl27
    They came out really god. One thing I've learned from from American test Kitchen though is to let the batter set for 10 minutes before cooking for a fluffier pancake. Mine also stuck to the pan like crazy. Maybe I need a better non-stick skillet. I plan to make again once I invest in another pan.

I have to use some butter for the first ones typically.
  • ldnmaggie
    ldnmaggie Posts: 222 Member
    bump
  • noelani6696
    noelani6696 Posts: 1 Member
    Is the serving size 6 pancakes or 1? I'd love to think that I could hypothetically eat 6 pancakes for 300 or so calories, lol. I'd be stuffed, but that would be great!
  • Francl27
    Is the serving size 6 pancakes or 1? I'd love to think that I could hypothetically eat 6 pancakes for 300 or so calories, lol. I'd be stuffed, but that would be great!

It's the whole thing.
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member

Oh it's for the whole recipe!!! Treat yo' self!
  • I made these this morning! They we're delicious :) my pan is small so ended up getting 8 pancakes out of the mixture!! So full

image_zpscb136ee0.jpg.
    Drool! I can't wait to try these. These will help me to round out my caloric intake plus reach my protein goal. I thank you and my sweet tooth thanks you the creator of this recipe.
  • beccataz23
    beccataz23 Posts: 34 Member
    Bump
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    bump
  • How many per serving?
  • bump
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Bump