whey protein for women?

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Whey protein can cause a yeast infection, that is the only thing I would look out for. I found out the hard way so just beware.

Hate to tell you but it wasn't from protein unless you were somehow using it in some unintended way.

I've been supplementing with whey proteIn powder for almost two years. Normally I mix it with my yogurt and oatmeal for breakfast. I have never drunk it because I refuse to drink my calories. If you're going to mix it up with a few things, make sure to mix it with the most liquid thing first, and never mix it directly into anything hot (you can mix it into something cold first THEN add it) because it will curdle into a disgusting mess -at least the powders that I have used do this, they may not ALL do it.

I've also made protein pancakes and muffins with it :)
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    If you're worried about getting jacked overnight, just look for the big pink tubs - can't go wrong :)

This!!!

If you get the pink tub you get higher chances of thigh gap too!

In all seriousness though, Syntha 6 chocolate peanut butter is my fave so far. Don't even need milk and it still tastes like a milkshake.
  • rodduz
    rodduz Posts: 251 Member
    Why do women always think they'll get bulky if they eat protein or lift proper weights? It's a big enough challenge for men to get bulky when using the two and we've got Testosterone to help us along they way! Women have got no chance!
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    I have whey protein everyday and I lift too. And I eat at a deficit. You can't bulk accidentally, you need to make an all-out effort to.
    And meeting your daily protein needs is important, so not a waste of calories.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Whey protein can cause a yeast infection, that is the only thing I would look out for. I found out the hard way so just beware.

d22e08d8bab20343d70f9df284edbf66.jpg
  • I drink Fitmiss - Chocolate Delight! So delicious :)
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member

Whey protein can also make you pregnant
  • RozzeleS
    RozzeleS Posts: 65 Member
    I use Diet Whey Protein and its def not hindered my progress, if anything its helped as I have more energy for the gym and dont ache as much so no need for as many rest days :)
  • Whey protein doesn't make you pregnant if you practice safe sex and/or abstinence.

Whey protein doesn't give you yeast infection unless you have candida in your system, thus carbs and sugars feeds the yeast and gives you infection.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Before I noticed that whey protein was making me gain weight. Then I realized it wasn't the powder itself making me gain weight but the fact that the calories in the shake I was making was putting me over my calorie intake for the day (I was having it after a workout but in addition to my other meals--this was before I joined MFP and started calorie counting).

Lately I've been making protein shakes for my breakfast. I like GNC's lean protein powders; it's not too many calories and it keeps me full until lunch. And it comes in a good variety of flavors. My favorite is banana since I usually make my shake with other fruits in it.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Whey protein doesn't make you pregnant if you practice safe sex and/or abstinence.

Whey protein doesn't give you yeast infection unless you have candida in your system, thus carbs and sugars feeds the yeast and gives you infection.

Oh jeez, you didn't get the irony in my post. Ha you thought I was actually serious???

Wow some people really don't get humour on here.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Whey protein doesn't make you pregnant if you practice safe sex and/or abstinence.

Oh jeez, you didn't get the irony in my post. Ha you thought I was actually serious???

Wow some people really don't get humour on here.

there's so much derp on this forum, it's sometimes difficult to distinguish between true derp and someone saying something ridiculous as a joke. So I can understand the error here.... it's not a lack of a sense of humour, it's a kind of harsh realisation that some people really are that stupid....
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I use Bluebonnet protein powder - a combo of whey and casein, in french vanilla. It has no sugar. Have had no problems.
  • thecrushinator
    thecrushinator Posts: 76 Member
    Unless you start a large dose of steroids your not going to "bulk up". 99% of females just don't bulk not the way men do anyway. Whey protein will not change this.
    Try to find a low sugar rice protein for mornings / snacks / meals. The sweeter mixes are for after work out to spike blood sugar.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member

Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein in Vanilla Ice Cream - Once again, yuck! It's definitely better than the Oh Yeah! and not nearly as thick. It's more mixable as well, but the flavor is just - blech. I'd probably have to add a bunch of stuff to it just go get it down. The aftertaste is pretty gross.

I have this one, its delicious! i mix it with 1 part milk and 2 parts water, throw in a few ice cubes and it tastes like melted ice cream!

Hm...when was the last time you had melted ice cream? Ice cream doesn't leave a horrendous taste in my mouth, I know that much.

As someone that was unfortunate enough to have constantly recurring vaginal issues, I call BS on this one. Unless you're injecting it into your vag, it shouldn't be causing a yeast infection.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Why do women always think they'll get bulky if they eat protein or lift proper weights? It's a big enough challenge for men to get bulky when using the two and we've got Testosterone to help us along they way! Women have got no chance!

Yep, never understood that...the harder I lifted, and while taking protein powders and aminos, the tinier I became, but all lean and mean. Sexy as ****...
  • LaneB89
    LaneB89 Posts: 93 Member
    thanks everyone for your input , i just linked whey protein with body building or something maybe ignorant of me. i am struggling to hit my protein goals, so maybe this is the answer but i dont like milk , can i take it with water?

Yes but it will taste terrrrrrrible in my opinion. Maybe try almond or coconut milk or a blend of those even.

I mix ON Gold Standard Banana Cream flavor and water, probably about 4oz water per scoop of protein, and I think it's delicious. It's by far the best tasting protein powder I've had, and I've tried several.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member

Wait a minute. Cat lady? Did you make a new sn?

Yes but that's not it.

Yep, never understood that...the harder I lifted, and while taking protein powders and aminos, the tinier I became, but all lean and mean. Sexy as ****...

Because people confuse lowering bodyfat and seeing more visible muscle with "bulking up" or adding muscle.