Girls- Fat to Fit

2»

Replies

• winterthighs
    winterthighs Posts: 37 Member
    I lost about 35lbs and it took me about a year. My workout sessions usually consisted of elliptical machines, and home cardio. My starting weight was 144.5 lbs and currently I'm at 109.5 lbs. As for my diet consistency, I would gorge on sweets and salty things occasionally, but overall just two meals a day with snacks and water.
    No before or after pic, but it is in my profile pictures. c:
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    1) I've lost about 40lbs
    2) it's taken me almost 2 years but I lost almost all if it (35lbs) in a year and since then I have been recomping (weight not changing much but building muscle) I wear the same size pants now as I did when I was 15-20lbs lighter so that is muscle.
    3) I did mostly indoor because I focus on lifting but I also do hill sprints outdoors and walk
    4) Starting Weight was around 182 and current is 142. I weigh a lot more then I look and no one ever guesses my weight. if I weigh less than 125 I look anorexic due to my frame/muscle. I'm 5'4".
    5) I eat and always have eaten all the foods while I lost weight. just at a caloric deficit.
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    1) I've lost 61 lbs.
    2) 58 lbs in 9 months, the rest in the last 3. Still losing very slowly (suits me just fine that way, too)
    3) I do indoor exercises. Body weight exercises (http://neilarey.com/workouts.html) and DVDs (Jillian Michaels)
    4) My highest weight was 178 lbs. Current (and lowest!) is 117 lbs.
    5) I don't do diets, they make me crazy. I eat what I like, while making healthier choices. I think everything is fine in moderation. I also eat back all of my exercise calories. I'm still losing 0.5 lb per week while eating close to 2000 calories every day, and I'm 5'2".

Before
    2aikopy.jpgv4uttg.jpg

After
    10178043_10152366728040539_4145900233349195769_n.jpg
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    1) How much weight did you lose? 53 lbs
    2) How long did it take? About 41 weeks
    3) What kind of exercise did you do? Weightlifting and dancing games, all indoor with the exception of light walking in the fall before I was trapped inside for winter ;)
    4) Starting Weight and Current Weight? 170 lbs in first pic, I'm currently 118 lbs
    5) Did you eat anything you want or go on a diet? I practice iifym. I focus on nutrient density and not trivial words like good or bad. I did, however, diligently calorie count (weigh and measure my food, log consistently)

2cibvyv.jpg

sorry, I'm really bad with mash up photos.

s6pqbn.jpg

^sorry had to share this pic. This is from February to current. I'm doing my first bulk with weightlifting and went from 119 lbs to 118.3 lbs over that course of time (dipped to 115 lbs while upping my calories but I'll take it). Love weightlifting!!
  • NoLimitFemme
    NoLimitFemme Posts: 118 Member
    I started seriously logging mid January of this year.

1) I was 177 lbs when I official started
    2) It's been 4 months now
    3) I lift heavy 3 times a week with some cardio after and do Zumba twice a week
    4) I am 156.8 right now and at 26% body fat, but today is my weigh in day so it may be a little different
    5) Nothing special, I've found that a huge thing for me is watching my sodium intake

I haven't taken a new pic, but I might do that today.

beforeandafter_zps1d9cafb7.jpg
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    1) How much weight did you lose?
    80 lbs. I aimed for a dress size/measurements range and not a goal weight.

2) How long did it take?
    Appx 15 months. It came off very fast at first and verrrry slowly near the end.

3) What kind of exercise did you do? Indoor or Outdoor
    I workout solely at home and outside if the weather permits. I mainly walk very briskly (up to 4.4 mph while doing intervals) outside on a track and use walking dvd's. I get in 3 - 6 miles everyday. Also I lift weights (2 - 3 times per week) and I do calisthenics and Pilates.

4) Starting Weight and Current Weight?
    I'm 5'11 - started around 250 and I'm maintaining at around 170.

5) Did you eat anything you want or go on a diet?
    I just reduced my portion sizes and make healthier choices. I also rarely drink my calories like pop, store-bought juice and alcohol (not including homemade shakes/smoothies/freshly squeezed juices), which allows me to eat even more.

You can see my avatar for a pic, although I need to update my recent pic. That was taken back in October and I'm a little smaller now even though my weight has remained the same.
  • lottylulu1969
    lottylulu1969 Posts: 16 Member
    bump
  • ClaudiaKho13
    ClaudiaKho13 Posts: 229 Member
    Bump
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    1) How much weight did you lose? Just over 60 lbs.

2) How long did it take? My first goal was to lose 48 lbs; I reached it in 8 months. My second goal was 60 lbs and I reached it in 10 months.

3) What kind of exercise did you do? Nothing while I was losing weight.

4) Starting Weight and Current Weight? 188 lbs - between 127-130 lbs depending of the day

5) Did you eat anything you want or go on a diet? I was counting points (Did weight watcher) then switch to counting calories when I got the hang of things. WW made things simpler for the girl who didn't know anything about nutrition. I allowed myself treats as long as it fitted in my intake goal of the day. I never restricted any kind of food and never felt in a circle of binging.

I usually don't post pictures but what the heck, here it is:

2u8jvc7.jpg
  • ClaudiaKho13
    1) How much weight did you lose? Just over 60 lbs.

2) How long did it take? My first goal was to lose 48 lbs; I reached it in 8 months. My second goal was 60 lbs and I reached it in 10 months.

3) What kind of exercise did you do? Nothing while I was losing weight.

4) Starting Weight and Current Weight? 188 lbs - between 127-130 lbs depending of the day

5) Did you eat anything you want or go on a diet? I was counting points (Did weight watcher) then switch to counting calories when I got the hang of things. WW made things simpler for the girl who didn't know anything about nutrition. I allowed myself treats as long as it fitted in my intake goal of the day. I never restricted any kind of food and never felt in a circle of binging.

I usually don't post pictures but what the heck, here it is:

2u8jvc7.jpg

Congrats!!!
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Hi everyone!! i have been trying to lose 20kg fro 2 months now. And recently i have been lacking in exercise so i am just asking if you can answer these following question?

2) How long did it take?

And if you dont mind to post pics of your results. Thanks!!!!:bigsmile:
    This will motivate me a lot

No quick huge loss for me either... I lost 18+ kgs in 2 years, even if I haven't been steadily losing the same amount of weight. I've been losing weight reasonabily but also gaining during vacations and so on, I've been stalling, so it's not the typical linear weightloss, but I'm very happy about it because this weight is most likely not going to come back.

1) How much weight did you lose? I lost 18 kgs
    2) How long did it take? It took me 2 years overall, but it wasn't a linear process
    3) What kind of exercise did you do? Indoor or Outdoor? I started off by just walking to my university everyday (40 min walking total) and 15 min. of stationary bike. I wasn't fit so I couldn't do much more than that. I slowly increased the duration of my workouts, by walking more, doing more stationary bike, running a bit, and then I've started strenght endurance training in Dec. which means I do a bit of cardio and then body weight exercises and lift light weights I've got at home. I also still walk everywhere unless it's too far.
    4) Starting Weight and Current Weight? 83 kgs -> 64 kgs
    5) Did you eat anything you want or go on a diet? I started off by reducing my portions, but I also tried to incorporate as many "healthy" foods as I could - I liked it, I wanted my change to be quite radical and I didn't want to fall in temptation with other foods. But I've also learnt to eat certain foods again. Now I eat almost anything, I usually don't have "junk foods" because they're too high in calories for me to lose weight while still eating them, unless I'm having very little food apart from them. But I also used to have a cheat day/meal once a week when I started off, now I don't need it anymore and my cravings are mostly gone.
  • ClaudiaKho13
    Hi everyone!! i have been trying to lose 20kg fro 2 months now. And recently i have been lacking in exercise so i am just asking if you can answer these following question?

2) How long did it take?

gaining during vacations

The worst
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member

2) How long did it take?

1. As of this morning, I'm down 54 pounds
    2. I started MFP (weightloss journey) on Aug 5, 2013. (9 months)
    3. I normally do indoor exercises like 30 day shred (2x) and here and there through out, any type of cardio, and now p90x
    4. My starting weight was 181 :frown: and I'm currently at 127
    5. I never consider myself on a diet. I haven't given anything up, I just eat within my calorie goal.

I've posted a success before and after a while ago when I hit my goal of fitting into my little black dress, and I will post another one when I reach my goal weight of 120. I just recently changed my goal from 125 to 120. Good luck to you!!!