The secret to losing over 100pds!!

Sunshine2plus2
Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
So I get asked ALOT what is my secret to weight loss? So lucky you I am going to give it to you! Burn more calories than you consume or in other words eat healthy and exercise! I do not and will not suggest any kind of product for weight loss! Gimmicks and/ or money getters in my books! Unless you really really think you are going to use that product for the rest of your life I would pass if I were you! I have lost 126pds and have NEVER took a pill, used a wrap, HCG, Shakes, oh you know them all as much I do but I have NEVER done any of it! You want results work hard and you will get it! You will become the person you want by the amount of work you decide to put in. It's all up to you! Now because I can here are some of my stats:

Starting weight 330pds
pants sz 26/28
Shirt sz 3x
Ring sz 10
BMI (Body Mass index) 50.2

Current as of 2/14/14
Weight 212
Pants 16
Shirts xl
ring 6 1/2
BMI 32.2
Precentage of body weight lost: 35.76%

Current as of 04/15/2014
Weight 204
Pants 16
Shirts L/xl
ring 6 1/2
BMI 31.0

2luqfcz.jpg

Replies

• tmoore_20
    tmoore_20 Posts: 49 Member
    You look wonderful!! Good job! I have 100 lbs to lose and this was motivation! I am just doing a calorie deficit and exercise program lol, so basically eating what I want (mostly healthy)...did you watch your carbs as well as calories or did you mostly stick with calories?
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Thanks! I also eat what I want, no I do not look at carbs, sugar, etc.. I try to eat what I think is lower in fat and calories.
  • lilhope72
    lilhope72 Posts: 24 Member
    So true. I tried all the pills, shakes and fad diets out there; they never worked. I finally just got serious and started eating healthy and exercising daily. I've now lost 113 lbs. I went from 279 lbs to 163. I still have 38 lbs to go, but I know I'll get there if I just stay on track. MFP has been a Godsend to me. It helps me set my goals and track how healthy I'm eating. I try to watch my fat intake, salt intake, cholesterol intake, .........
  • ziggypop93
    ziggypop93 Posts: 133 Member
    You look amazing!
  • rinksgal
    rinksgal Posts: 4 Member
    I agree with everything you said!! I lost over 100lbs about 8 years ago! I started out using diet pills. Phentermine. I also logged with sparkpeople and tracked calories and lots of hard exercise!! Here I am again this time around trying to do it totally by counting calories and moving more. Via the fitbit tracker. I am ready now physically I think to start doing more exercise. I won't be able to do some of the things I did before working out because I've had 2 knee replacements and a rotary cuff surgery with a very bad tear!! I'm down 56 lbs since August 2013 and I have a lot more to go!!! I'm 56 now but I know I can do this!! I comend you for all of your weight loss and hard work!! Awesome job!! Keep at it and hopefully I will reach my goals too!!!
  • BookAngel_a
    BookAngel_a Posts: 143 Member
    You look wonderful, thanks for sharing! Your story is inspiring for those of us with 100 plus pounds to lose. :)
  • jacquiearchambault
    jacquiearchambault Posts: 86 Member
    Great work! You look fantastic. What do your workouts look like?
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    You look fantastic, congratulations on your hard work!

I am aiming to lose just under 100lbs in total and I have just reached halfway and started doubting myself. Reading your post, I will solider on and I will make it :)

Thank you for being some early-morning inspiration!

Kaela x
  • AshleyNicolePedigo
    AshleyNicolePedigo Posts: 66 Member
    WOW! You look soooo much happier and younger! Your beautiful! Thank you so much for the inspiration! and its def the truth. Just gotta work out butts off to get the results we want!!!
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Thanks for the advise and congrats on your loss you are amazing I've been stalled and feeling down this was inspiring!
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    I agree - I lost my 111 lbs with eating 1200-1400 cals a day, logging everything, having one free day a week where I ate what I wanted, and walking an hour six days a week. That's it.

I don't track any macros - just calories. I try to eat more veggies and meat and eggs and less flour and rice and pasta, but on Sunday if I want Ben n Jerrys you best believe I'm having it. :)
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    You look GREAT! Thanks for sharing!
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Great job, I am proud of you!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Congrats! You look wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Burn the witch!!!

Awesome work! :drinker:
  • Sooki31
    Sooki31 Posts: 2
    You look good. Can't wait to reach my goal.
  • at_night_bookstore
    at_night_bookstore Posts: 249 Member
    everything is awesooooooooome !!
  • Chickee8586
    Chickee8586 Posts: 155 Member
    Awe, and I was really hoping for that magic pill. :noway:

Ok, seriously, I applaud your success and the realistic outlook on getting to where you want to be. Hard work never killed anyone. Too many people just want it given to them and not have to work for it. The only real success comes from earning what you have or achieve. Then it becomes so much more important to keep it all together for the long term.

Congrats!
  • amrelmesery
    amrelmesery Posts: 86 Member
    Congratz , great job
  • yvie63
    yvie63 Posts: 193 Member
    You look fantastic and so much younger too! You should be so proud of yourself for achieving that goal.

I totally agree with everything you say. You don't need anything special to lose weight, just hard work, determination and being honest with yourself by logging EVERYTHING :) People make the whole thing far too complicated for themselves. I am only about a quarter of the way through and need to lose 100 pounds plus but your sensible approach is inspiring and so obviously works.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!