Protein Bars & Shakes

ginakiki
ginakiki Posts: 226 Member
What is your favorite protein bars or other types of bars you eat and Shakes!

1. Luna Bars Chocolate Coconut...yum
2. KIND Healthy Grains Oat & Honey with Toasted Coconut bar
3. Cliff Bars Coconut Chocolate

Can u tell i love coconut and chocolate lol

also i have had quest bars but there to heavy for me...

My favorite Shake is

Vega One Vanilla Chai its so good...

Replies

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    I love Quest bars! I am eating one right now.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Quest bars, the best
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    I haven't tried a quest bar, since they're $4 a pop here, plus postage (can only get them online). However, I love Carb less original's. Nom nom nom.
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    My "Homemade Quest Bars" ( very cheap) and My Mocha caramel Morning Protein shake.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    My favourite is Taste of Nature for a snack bar (organic, no chemical after taste, yummy). They can be pricy but if you have access to COSTCO the package is reasonable. KIND bars and Quest are also good.
  • gotolam
    gotolam Posts: 262 Member
    I would stay away from Luna/Kind bars. They don't have that much protein and end up being glorified candy bars.

I don't particularly recommend the website, but this is a good article on what to look for:

http://www.builtlean.com/2013/05/08/healthy-protein-bar/
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I would stay away from Luna/Kind bars. They don't have that much protein and end up being glorified candy bars.

I don't particularly recommend the website, but this is a good article on what to look for:

Well they are fine as long as they fit your goal but yeah, a bit of a joke for 'protein' bars... typically you want 20g of protein for 200 calories.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member

Well they are fine as long as they fit your goal but yeah, a bit of a joke for 'protein' bars... typically you want 20g of protein for 200 calories.

Yeah, I'm super confused why people keep referring to a Kind bar as a protein bar. Unless I'm looking at some other Kind bar, the ones I've had in the past had like 5 grams of protein. I bought them cause they tasted good and I enjoyed them, but there's no way it was a protein bar.

similar with the Luna bar, I bought it without really looking (White chocolate Macadamia) because I thought it sounded good. Checked the facts when I got home...190ish calories for 9 grams of protein! Uh, no I can eat a quest bar and get 21 grams for that calorie count. No thank you, gave that to my mom.
  • TKhamvongsa
    TKhamvongsa Posts: 287
    Love Questbars! Especially for the amount of fiber they offer - they also have a coconut/cashew flavour I believe.
  • Orion782
    Orion782 Posts: 391
    Quest Bars should change their name to TRUTH Bars...because, they're the TRUTH.

Otherwise, I recently fell in love with Pure Protein's S'mores flavored bar. SO GOOD. All of Pure Protein's stuff is pretty good, coming in at 190-210 cals and 19-21g of protein depending on the flavor.
  • Pure protein bars. They're the only low sugar, high in protein bars I found that literally taste like actual candy bars.
    The peanut caramel chocolate bars are as good or better than snickers to me. 200 cals or less for all the flavors I have.
    In fact once I start maintaining I doubt I'll ever go back to real candy since these are just as good but not empty calorie.

Slim Fast high protein chocolate shake powder. This stuff is incredibly thick when mixed with milk, almost like a thin syrup, also fairly flavorful. I use it in the ice-creamless chocolate shakes I like to make, makes them seem more creamy as if there is ice cream in them.
  • ginakiki
    ginakiki Posts: 226 Member
    [/quote]

Yeah, I'm super confused why people keep referring to a Kind bar as a protein bar. Unless I'm looking at some other Kind bar, the ones I've had in the past had like 5 grams of protein. I bought them cause they tasted good and I enjoyed them, but there's no way it was a protein bar.

similar with the Luna bar, I bought it without really looking (White chocolate Macadamia) because I thought it sounded good. Checked the facts when I got home...190ish calories for 9 grams of protein! Uh, no I can eat a quest bar and get 21 grams for that calorie count. No thank you, gave that to my mom.
    [/quote]

well i said other bars also
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    The simply and simply whey bars. I love Luna but not enough protein per bar for me. I do keep both on hand though because luna is more of a treat when I'm looking for sweet something. I've heard of Quest... I might try them but hard to find here.
  • joyfulhappyheart
    joyfulhappyheart Posts: 63 Member
    thanks to a family member who ohated them, I have tried every flavor of quest bars-- they are all HORRIBLE to me! Even warming them up like people say-- gross.

I love Oh Yeah! Victory bars. Chocolate chip is my favorite so far.
    21 g protein, 20 g fiber, 200 calories
  • arabianhorselover
    thanks to a family member who ohated them, I have tried every flavor of quest bars-- they are all HORRIBLE to me! Even warming them up like people say-- gross.

What do you find to be gross about them?
  • arabianhorselover
    Love Questbars! Especially for the amount of fiber they offer - they also have a coconut/cashew flavour I believe.

Me, too. I see that the Pure Protein bars don't have much fiber.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    The simply and simply whey bars on occasion and I use BlueBonnet protein powder in french vanilla to make smoothies.I've never tried Quest. Actually, I've never seen Quest bars ;-)
  • joyfulhappyheart
    joyfulhappyheart Posts: 63 Member

Not really sure-- they taste "chemically" to me-- for lack of any better description. I've tried just about every flavor and just couldn't handle them. LOL
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    The only protein bars I eat are Quest bars, but I have to microwave them or the texture makes me gag. I enjoy them quite a bit as long as they're soft from heating them up. My favorite flavors, in order from my most to least favorite, are Double Chocolate Chunk, Apple Pie, Chocolate Brownie, Cookies and Cream, and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I'm not a fan of the Coconut Cashew or Cinnamon Roll flavors. I try one new one every month - next up is PB&J, I think.

I make my own protein shakes using my CSN 100% Pro Whey Standard protein powder in the flavor Vanilla Ice Cream. I put one scoop of that, 1 T of PB2, 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 frozen banana, 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1/2 cup water, a big handful of spinach leaves, and a few ice cubes in my blender. 250 calories of yummy post-workout awesomeness. I've tried the chocolate Oh Yeah! premade protein shake and it was disgusting. I'll stick to making my own.

Other that those two things, I tend to stay away from any snack/protein/meal replacement bars or supplements.
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member

Not really sure-- they taste "chemically" to me-- for lack of any better description. I've tried just about every flavor and just couldn't handle them. LOL

I :heart: Quest bars, and I recently just purchased 3 boxes of Oh Yeah! Chocolate Chip Cooke Dough. I'd have to say that Quest are superior to Oh Yeah! taste & texture wise- I'm a fan of the Quest bars that have the chunks of stuff, cookies n cream:bigsmile: NOM... The only reason I purchased the Oh Yeah!'s is because I got 3 boxes for $40 (with an almost exact match in nutrition profile vs Quest). The Oh Yeah's are pretty good compared to some protein bars I've had- and it's actually better for me to have these on hand because I won't want to eat 10 a day like I want to with Quest bars laying around :blushing:

As far as shakes go, I use Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey. I've loved all the flavors I've tried. My favorite is the Cinnamon Graham Cracker and a tablespoon of PB2 blended with a banana and unsweetened vanilla almond milk. YUM.