The secret to losing over 100pds!!

Replies

• metrini
    metrini Posts: 7 Member
    Other than everything you've factored in I would say Patience is a HUGEEEE element together with consistency. YAYA for all the 100+ losers!
  • determinedgirl1
    determinedgirl1 Posts: 128 Member
    Amazing! You have it exactly right...you get out of it what you put into it. Eat right, Exercise routinely and give it your all. Great Job!
  • 67love1
    67love1 Posts: 1 Member
    To All the beautiful women, I'm losing inches and not weight. I walk 5 days a week for 45 minutes and I go to the gym twice a week. I never go over my daily calories, sugar, fat, proteins cabs, etc. I lost 6lbs so far in 2 months. What can I do to shed the pounds?
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Congratulations! You look amazing and thanks for the inspirational post.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Great job on your loss!! I was a fad dieter in the past, and the only reason I havent tried some because they cost too much $$.
    I always get asked questions like, "What are you doing?" When I tell them lifestyle change with just eating right and exercise, some frown while others try to sell me on something. Or questions like, "How long did it take you?" When I tell them, "Approx 37 pounds in a year, with of course plateau's. Oh, and gained 4 pounds over the Thanksgiving AND Christmas holidays." I get even more frowns as they proceed to tell me they can lose 30 pounds in 3 months with so and so diet plan. I just tell them its not a race, and the slower I lose it, the less likely I will gain it back.
  • Idefinenichelle
    Idefinenichelle Posts: 116 Member
    You look amazing!!! True inspiration.
  • Nightstar76
    Nightstar76 Posts: 48 Member
    You are an inspiration, I just started my own journey and really want to be successful this time! Thank you for sharing the possibility!
  • krysannboggs
    krysannboggs Posts: 48 Member
    You go girl. BRAVO.
  • I am happy for you and all the weight you lost, and there is a good chance you lost a lot of fat because of the weight you were, the body burns more fat then, but as you go lower, you might want to re-think those protein shakes.

You need to eat enough protein if you don't want your body to burn too much of your muscle instead of the fat. Unless you know your body fat percentage before and after, I don't think you can say how much muscle you lost so far (although because of the weight you were I would think not too much, but now you weigh less and have to be more careful).

I am sticking with my protein shakes, especially since I am lifting weights. You have to realize people drink those shakes (most of the time anyway) because they either want to keep the muscle they have if they are losing, or they want to build more muscle if they are bulking, or even to just maintain what you have.

As you age (once you pass about 30) you lose about 1/2 pound of muscle every year, it does not just stay there, it requires maintenance. If you lose too much muscle, you will lower the amount of calories your body burns because lean tissue burns more than fatty tissue. That means you will gain the weight back easily if you slack off at all, look at Valerie Bertinelli, she hurt her ankle and gained 25 lbs. back like it was nothing. Without enough lean tissue to burn enough calories to raise your metabolism some, it happens all the time. I can't tell you how many former weight watchers I know who gained it all back and then some. The ones I know who kept it off either still eat in a deficit (at least to a point) or they built up their muscle, your choice. Are you prepared to eat in a deficit the rest of your life?

I will need less protein as time goes on, but it is a good way to get the protein you need without a lot of fat, and I very well may have (a smaller amount) of them the rest of my life, I would say it is highly probable, at least some of the time. I am not trying to argue, I am just trying to point out that there are very valid reasons for drinking those protein shakes, extremely valid reasons.
  • You loose muscle tone, but your body is not going to mistake protein and muscle for fat! You do not actually loose/burn muscle unless you are underweight. That said, protein is the hardest of the macros for your body to store, so it rarely stores as fat. As you get older you can loose muscle if you do not keep it toned and protein is part of that.

As for protein shakes, they are generally full of soy, which is not the best thing for your body. Choose your lean protein and you should be fine. At some point you may want to add some resistance of light weights to sculpt your body, but if not, be happy with the body you are creating.
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Amazing progress! You look great!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    You look great. Thanks for the motivation. I see some of my friends losing weight faster using fad diets, shakes, pills, etc., but I refuse to use them as I don't believe they are sustainable. I'm trying to change my life to be healthier not just lose weight fast. It may be slower going for me but its worth it.

They might lose it faster but I almost guarantee it will all return and then some, while you do it the right way and keep it off!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    I am happy for you and all the weight you lost, and there is a good chance you lost a lot of fat because of the weight you were, the body burns more fat then, but as you go lower, you might want to re-think those protein shakes.

You need to eat enough protein if you don't want your body to burn too much of your muscle instead of the fat. Unless you know your body fat percentage before and after, I don't think you can say how much muscle you lost so far (although because of the weight you were I would think not too much, but now you weigh less and have to be more careful).

I am sticking with my protein shakes, especially since I am lifting weights. You have to realize people drink those shakes (most of the time anyway) because they either want to keep the muscle they have if they are losing, or they want to build more muscle if they are bulking, or even to just maintain what you have.

As you age (once you pass about 30) you lose about 1/2 pound of muscle every year, it does not just stay there, it requires maintenance. If you lose too much muscle, you will lower the amount of calories your body burns because lean tissue burns more than fatty tissue. That means you will gain the weight back easily if you slack off at all, look at Valerie Bertinelli, she hurt her ankle and gained 25 lbs. back like it was nothing. Without enough lean tissue to burn enough calories to raise your metabolism some, it happens all the time. I can't tell you how many former weight watchers I know who gained it all back and then some. The ones I know who kept it off either still eat in a deficit (at least to a point) or they built up their muscle, your choice. Are you prepared to eat in a deficit the rest of your life?

I will need less protein as time goes on, but it is a good way to get the protein you need without a lot of fat, and I very well may have (a smaller amount) of them the rest of my life, I would say it is highly probable, at least some of the time. I am not trying to argue, I am just trying to point out that there are very valid reasons for drinking those protein shakes, extremely valid reasons.

First I never said anything about protein shakes and second there are plently of ways to get protein without drinking!
  • losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Awesome inspiration! Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    You look fab! I love your weight loss secret ;)
  • JerseyChic76
    JerseyChic76 Posts: 91 Member
    You look great! Congrats on your weight loss!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    what a great post, thanks for sharing.

I'm just curious-- how long did it take you to lose the weight?

Hello, It took me about 1 year to lose 100pds!
  • Fattackler2013
    Fattackler2013 Posts: 142 Member
    That is fantastic and very inspirational. You look amazing, well done :D
  • elbaldwin0525
    elbaldwin0525 Posts: 159 Member
    Good Job!!
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Thanks everyone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!