Stop counting calories after work

Options
Why is that I am so good counting calories during my work week, but when I get home in the evening or on the weekends I have hard time counting my calories? Am I the only one and what should I do to keep my self on check?

Replies

• EroseT423
    EroseT423 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Best piece of advice I ever heard for staying on track during the weekend: make Monday your "weigh-in day."
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    pre log your days, then everything is planned out in advance and you always know where you stand.
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    It's harder for me at night and weekends because I'm not by my computer and it just takes more time to log on the phone. I either pre plan and pre log my dinners OR I know how many calories i have left before I leave work. When I make my dinner I still weigh and measure everything and make sure that meal is within my calories and I just don't log it.

The problem with this is that if I were to want to track my trends, which I do, I can't so I'm screwed. You can lose weight without logging it as long as you know where you are but you can't use the data as it's not in here.

Pre logging seemst o be easiest. If I have to add wine to my day from my phone that's a lot easier than adding a full meal.
  • moomooatrice
    moomooatrice Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Week-ends are hard for me and so are days of the week. Why - because I love to eat at night (and veg in front of the TV)! So I "bank" some of my calories for the evening so I can have that snack before bed. Yes - not the best - but if I keep to the right amount of calories - I will lose weight. I can't burn it off as easily before bed however, it will take me a little longer to lose the weight and I will be more satisfied.

I also started making "Crystal Light" popsicles and I sit in front of the TV and suck on them. I hope this helps. Find something tht works for you.

Good luck!
  • tbplayer59
    tbplayer59 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For me, it's easier not to put something in my stomach if I don't put it in my house first. I try to keep no snacks in the house, and I do my shopping on an as needed basis. Whatever I need to cook that day is bought that day. I live in an area where grocery stores are nearby. I know that not everyone has that same situation.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Logging in advance - editing as necessary - is what works for me.

I don't have a problem with snacking, I tend to have the calories for it. I just keep my daily end goal in mind.
  • Guinness80
    Guinness80 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Many times I will log the previous night's calories the next day, but I make sure I log them. If I don't my evening calories can get out of hand quickly. But if I know I'm going to be putting them in at some point I am at least a little more conscientious about what passes through my lips. I have to hold myself accountable in some way or I slip back into old habits.