flat belly without lifting. possible?

2»

Replies

• sunshine1082
    sunshine1082 Posts: 85 Member
    Yeah.. listen to the string bean up there... *rollseyes*

A lot of people here complain about rude and unnecessary comments, but I think this is the first time I have ever actually seen a rude and unnecessary comment. Seriously, there was no need for that.
  • Ty everyone. It sucks to be an "apple" cause all the fat is on my belly.

I notice that many personal trainers have straight body type...assume they have tendency to be apple? you can do it. just keep working on it..

Can I get there without lifting?
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Ty everyone. It sucks to be an "apple" cause all the fat is on my belly.

I notice that many personal trainers have straight body type...assume they have tendency to be apple? you can do it. just keep working on it..

I am no expert but have seen my "apple“ friends slimmed down by running but their belly is also the last place to go...
  • Joanne_Moniz
    Joanne_Moniz Posts: 347 Member
    I want a flat belly. Period. I don't want a six pack. I am already lean all over except my gut. It wiggles and jiggles and is the only part of my body that the fat is stuck on. I've read several posts of lifting and all the benefits, but honestly is that what will give me what I want? I've tried lifting for about 1-2 months and find I don't enjoy it and have stopped. Any advice?

Fat in the abdominal area is often a sign of too much sugar in the diet. Check and see how many grams of sugar you are consuming. It is hidden all over the place.

Joanne Moniz
    The Skinny on Obesity
  • Sunbrooke
    Sunbrooke Posts: 632 Member
    If you haven't done so already, make sure that your posture is correct. Your posture affects how you appear, but also how your muscle develops, since it determines and how you use your body.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    I want a flat belly. Period. I don't want a six pack. I am already lean all over except my gut. It wiggles and jiggles and is the only part of my body that the fat is stuck on. I've read several posts of lifting and all the benefits, but honestly is that what will give me what I want? I've tried lifting for about 1-2 months and find I don't enjoy it and have stopped. Any advice?

Fat in the abdominal area is often a sign of too much sugar in the diet. Check and see how many grams of sugar you are consuming. It is hidden all over the place.

Joanne Moniz
    The Skinny on Obesity

No.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member

Joanne Moniz
    The Skinny on Obesity

Oh you...
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    What don't you like about weight lifting? Just curious.

A flat belly can be made in the kitchen by cleaning up your diet.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Hey, I had this problem and tried so many things. Different things work for different people and I was lucky enough to find one that worked for me. I lost 18 pounds in one month without much exercise and it's been a life changer. I'm a little embarrassed to post my before and after photos here but if anyone actually cares to hear what I've been doing then I'd be happy to help in any way. Just shoot me an email at evan.harland.us[at]gmail.com and I'll show you my before and after photos, and tell you about how things are going for me with the stuff I've tried. I wish someone would have helped me out when I was struggling to find a solution so if I can help you then it would make my day.

Evan9h, it's against board rules to post your email address, we all know your trying to sell weight loss products, which is not allowed on mfp.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Ty everyone. It sucks to be an "apple" cause all the fat is on my belly.

I hear you. That's how I am, too. Having gotten below my original goal weight, I am now a string bean with a jiggly belly. :p
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member

Joanne Moniz
    The Skinny on Obesity

I'm a special unicorn! Yay!

I'm over in my sugars... Every damn day. Every one.
  • MarthaQ2
    MarthaQ2 Posts: 47 Member
    You may not like my comment, but I will say it anyway! Get Lipo I did! I love it! Instant flat belly! Bra rolls boom gone! I still need to lose weight, but hey not on my belly. Just an idea.
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member

Joanne Moniz
    The Skinny on Obesity

And alcohol.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    What don't you like about weight lifting? Just curious.

A flat belly can be made in the kitchen by cleaning up your diet.

she said it was borning for her or something like that...
  • Ty everyone. It sucks to be an "apple" cause all the fat is on my belly.

I am no expert but have seen my "apple“ friends slimmed down by running but their belly is also the last place to go...

Ty
  • You may not like my comment, but I will say it anyway! Get Lipo I did! I love it! Instant flat belly! Bra rolls boom gone! I still need to lose weight, but hey not on my belly. Just an idea.

Why get lipo to just end up overweight?
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member

Joanne Moniz
    The Skinny on Obesity

And alcohol.

I see what you did there..............
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member

Joanne Moniz
    The Skinny on Obesity

Not backed by any reputable studies. Just more fear mongering. OP, cut body fat by consuming fewer calories than you burn. Get some exercise and have some patience.
  • amreadarrens
    amreadarrens Posts: 43 Member
    Fat Belly is sometimes a sign of Thick Visceral fat. I been here. I am in the midst of my trial . I have photos here in how I am bloated I am. My Visceral is 10 in thick and I move it out in 7. Kick 11 lbs and doing some natural food diet.
    http://venusbuddy.wordpress.com/2014/07/07/weight-loss-experience-and-effective-tips/