So you want a nice stomach

Replies

• iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    it isn't true. I promise you.

<~~~ almost 38. Eats ice cream, drinks alcohol and enjoys way too much coffee with cream and sugar.

It is true.

I love icre cream eaters....just saying!
  • nk1201
    nk1201 Posts: 26
    great read!!

could you provide me info about this TDEE calculator?? :)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    great read!!

TDEE is the total amount of calories your body burns in a day. It includes the amount needed to sustain basic body functions (digestion, breathing, brain function, etc.) as well as the amount you burn through daily activity (job, cooking, watching tv) and the amount of calories burned through exercise. When you eat less calories than your TDEE you will lose weight. The key is to subract 10-20% from your TDEE to make sure the calorie goal is sustainable long term. There are a variety of TDEE calculators online, you can pick the average of a few or just pick one.
  • ginakiki
    ginakiki Posts: 226 Member
    bump for later
  • julieager75
    julieager75 Posts: 61 Member
    Great thread...
  • nk1201
    nk1201 Posts: 26
    great read!!

TDEE is the total amount of calories your body burns in a day. It includes the amount needed to sustain basic body functions (digestion, breathing, brain function, etc.) as well as the amount you burn through daily activity (job, cooking, watching tv) and the amount of calories burned through exercise. When you eat less calories than your TDEE you will lose weight. The key is to subract 10-20% from your TDEE to make sure the calorie goal is sustainable long term. There are a variety of TDEE calculators online, you can pick the average of a few or just pick one.

thank you do you reccomend any TDEE calculators online i'm 23 years old - 161cm and currently 72kg
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    I provided a link to one in the original post.
    1. Slight calorie deficit. Eating 800 calories and killing yourself in the gym is not going to get you there any faster. You need to fuel your body appropriately. I suggest the TDEE-20% method. www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc (If you have questions please feel free to ask them here). Make sure to weigh everything you eat! Guessing could put you well over your calories.

There are many others if you decide to try a few and find an average. Just search google for TDEE Calculator.
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    thank you do you reccomend any TDEE calculators online i'm 23 years old - 161cm and currently 72kg

I like this one: http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced
    I personally use my Fitbit One for my TDEE.
  • fit2014yay
    fit2014yay Posts: 41 Member
    bump for later
  • ready4it4
    ready4it4 Posts: 11 Member
    bump
  • Fit_Content
    Fit_Content Posts: 29 Member
    bump
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    So much win! Oh and bump ;)
  • JLHNU212
    JLHNU212 Posts: 169 Member
    Bumping to have the info close by! Thank you!
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Bumping.....:heart: it
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Tag so I have a chance of finding this thread later when I have the same question...
  • kar1ey
    kar1ey Posts: 17 Member
    Bumpin' ...thank you! :happy:
  • JenGranzow
    JenGranzow Posts: 116 Member
    Thank you for this thread. Just this morning I was complaining to friends that even after 3+ years of working out 6 days per week, eating right, etc., I still have not demolished my c-section(s) flab flap. I've slacked off on lifting, that is the key aspect where my current activities differ from your suggestions. I love to lift, so I need to get back at it.

Excellent advice, greatly appreciated. There are far too many fitness "pros" out there who are of the cauliflower cake variety, and that just isn't real life. I can skip a day or two of ice cream but I don't get into total deprivation. ; )
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    bumping ...
  • sashafischang
    sashafischang Posts: 38 Member
    bump
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Bump, great post OP! Your transformation is so inspiring. Off to crossfit to lift heavy things :)