Hummus

Replies

• salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    edamame or garlic artichoke
  • fitforchocolate
    fitforchocolate Posts: 6 Member
    Spicy lentil hummus and Trader Joe's Cilantro and Jalapeno hummus are my favorites so far.
  • aalbert_82
    aalbert_82 Posts: 95 Member
    I make my own with sesame oil instead of tahini, and lots of lemon. Love it!
  • keepongoingnmw
    keepongoingnmw Posts: 371 Member
    Are you guys making the red lentil hummus? I have a giant costco bag of red lentils I need to use up. Any recipes?
  • 38laura40
    38laura40 Posts: 62 Member
    7 tons of hummus recalled for possible listeria contamination
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member

Brand? Source? Geographical location?
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member

Just saw a news story on this, it is the Archer Farms brand sold at Target and some sort of dip that is sold at Trader Joes
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member

Just saw a news story on this, it is the Archer Farms brand sold at Target and some sort of dip that is sold at Trader Joes

Ah, cool. Other side of the globe, then, I'm safe!
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    My favorites are Athenos Original (just the right amount of garlic so I am NOT offensive) and HyVee (midwest chain) store brand -- all flavors I've tried have been wonderful. Also Earl's cucumber dill is nice.

TOTALLY with you on how the amount that you THINK is 1 serving is actually 2! Darn dense food!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    I like the spinach hummus, but lately I've taken a liking to Sabra's supremely spicy hummus. It's AMAZING on sandwiches. Nom nom.

Sabra's spicy hummus is my favorite! So expensive, but worth the extra splurge every now and then, haha.
  • missiontofitness
    Pumpkin and harissa hummus is amazing :) I like it with pesto, too.

Hold the phone, cool cat.
    Pesto is a good combo with hummus? Because if that's the case, I'm in heaven and need to try this asap.

Oh, it's heaven on a stick! the tasty zing of the pesto with the creamy hummus... so flippin good. Try a red capsicum and pine nut pesto with it too. Om nom nom.

You my friend are a genius.
    Yep, definitely trying this!
  • Chellody22
    Chellody22 Posts: 95 Member
    I love Marzetti Otria Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.
  • 95Tashey95
    95Tashey95 Posts: 65 Member
    Mix hummous with 0% fat greek yogurt and it makes it smoother and creamier and it goes a lot further. I find straight up hummus portions is not really big enough for all the crudités I have with it!
  • ackman2002
    ackman2002 Posts: 69 Member
    Garlic Hummus or even Babaganoush
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    huge recall on the news today on store bought hummus, target , traders joes , just FYI

and yes serving size is SMALL like p butter.
  • richardositosanchez
    richardositosanchez Posts: 260 Member
    I love Trader Joe's jalapeño and cilantro flavored hummus.
  • Fit_Fox88
    Fit_Fox88 Posts: 410 Member
    I like fresh hummus at Greek or Lebanese restaurants best...mmm. But mostly I eat/buy Aldi hummus, classic or garlic flavor. Love both! The roasted red pepper isn't bad either.

I tried Sabra hummus and absolutely hated it. I couldn't finish the small container, even. I don't remember which variety I tried but I am always surprised to see it highly recommended by others. I think Athenos (?) is good, though.

I'm just the opposite. I LOVE Sabra and after trying it once I'll never go back to Athenos. I like the supremely spicy and the roasted pine nut. I could eat it with a spoon.
  • missiontofitness
    I like fresh hummus at Greek or Lebanese restaurants best...mmm. But mostly I eat/buy Aldi hummus, classic or garlic flavor. Love both! The roasted red pepper isn't bad either.

I tried Sabra hummus and absolutely hated it. I couldn't finish the small container, even. I don't remember which variety I tried but I am always surprised to see it highly recommended by others. I think Athenos (?) is good, though.

I'm just the opposite. I LOVE Sabra and after trying it once I'll never go back to Athenos. I like the supremely spicy and the roasted pine nut. I could eat it with a spoon.

I love the Supremely Spicy one! I wish I could make meals out of it every day.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    I make my own hummus and this is the recipe I usually use: http://ohsheglows.com/2010/12/04/the-hummus-that-changed-everything/ I omit the olive oil on the top and add a bit more lemon juice and garlic to suit my taste, but it's amazing.

Quick tip: To get your homemade hummus ultra smooth like store bought, just peel the chickpeas before you process them. It makes a BIG difference. Love it.
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    Make my own......lemon juice, tahini, garlic, sun dried tomato