getting over life's curve balls. how do I regain my life?

Options
I was successful on mfp 2 years ago. I started out my journey at 315 pounds by the time I found mfp I was in the 250's. Mfp helped me get down to 225. I stayed between that and 230 for about a year and a half I felt great. Then my mom got really sick and had to go to doctors all over the US. Finally ended up in a rehab to get her off all the medications the doctors put her on. The day after she was committed my dad committed suicide. Just 10 days prior on Christmas my gram passed. Needles say with just that I had a lot going on. To top it off I sold my house and moved in with my mother to help her. Over the past year and a half I am back in the 270's. I'm over it. I'm not sharing this story for symphony. I just needed to get it out maybe it will help me get moving again. I want to get healthy again I want to have energy to help my mom, play with my twins.

Replies

• weather_nerd
    Options
    First off, sorry to hear about what you've been through, but it's really awesome to see that you are taking control of your life again. Way to go!

The first step is the hardest, and there are individuals who are in similar positions as you but just make excuses as to why they can't be healthier or they can't work out or they can't get out of their rut.

I would be more than happy to keep you motivated here on mfp!

L.
  • Christieherron8307
    Christieherron8307 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thank you weather I can use some encouragement and motivation.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    wow, that IS a lot to deal with. Love your attitude and honesty - with that you can accomplish anything you set out to do.:flowerforyou:
  • MsLaTisha83
    MsLaTisha83 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You have dealt with a lot in a relatively short period of time..and did I read that you have twins? Wow! Sounds to me like you're an amazing support to those around you and in order to continue to be there for others, you have to get yourself back up to the top of the priority list. You can do this! You have the right attitude and the tools needed to be successful. Go back to the basics and take it one day at a time. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • Christieherron8307
    Options
    Thank you so much for the confidence boost. I can do this!
  • karmac0matic
    karmac0matic Posts: 285
    Options
    Wishing you the best. You don't deserve all that horrible stuff happening but the fact you're making it through shows seriously strength.
  • DSFfit
    DSFfit Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Wow, you seem like an amazing person and I mean that sincerely. Like many people you have been busy taking care of other people and now you need to take care of yourself. You can do it!
  • Christieherron8307
    Options
    Thank you all, I got to the gym tonight and killed it! I could not be happier with tonight. Thank you all for your words of encouragement! And allowing me to get everything off my chest that has held me back.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Change your batting stance......................meaning the curveball can be hit out of the park. It takes repetition (consistency) and discipline, but you'll knock that ball out once you get it going again.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    That's not curveballs, they are avalanche s in your world and you are yet lighter than your highest. You must have made some good habits along the way,which you sticked to even when things were falling apart ,that's the silver lining...you can do it.
    You have gone through a lot and i think a therapist will be a good starting point from where you start focussing on yourself. Fight for yourself like you fought for others.:flowerforyou:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I hope it was cathartic and holding that in was what was holding you back and now that you have let it out your mind will be clear for the focus and clarity you need to succeed. You got this!

(Also now that that's all out there dedicate some of your mental time to deciphering if it would be helpful for you to seek out grief counseling or any other type that applies to all the issues you have faced and are facing. It can't be easy and holding it in for so long speaks to some need to carry the burden yourself and so life has challenges, new one's happen all the time and it would be so nice if you set up some parameters for how you will deal with stuff in the future in a way that is more open.)