Need to loose belly fat in 6 WEEKS!!

124»

Replies

• nk1201
    nk1201 Posts: 26
    The only real advice I can give is high fiber foods and lots of leafy green yummy things. Sure it won't help you lose weight but it will help give your stomach a "flatter" appearance because the fiber will help keep your intestines regular and reduce bloat from that. Posture may help you some, I don't know. Eat lots of lean proteins. Try using tuna and other things in wraps. I like vegan chick'n tenders for a crunchy aspect to wraps. Wraps can be really filling and pair well with soups. Abs are made in the gym/workout but shown in the kitchen. So keep up your routine, just work on the diet and keep high proteins and lots of fiber.

Best of luck.

thank you :)
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    I don't get it - you start your post saying you know you can't spot reduce, then ask how to do exactly that?

I'm confused too.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Careful, too much fiber can stop you up
  • ruthejp13
    ruthejp13 Posts: 213 Member

sorry my current details are so far i have lost 3kg within my 5th week (last week) i currently weigh 70kg - i am 23years old - height 161cm

thank you, i started my fitness journey in March so its basically been a 12 week challenge and this week is my 6th week i just get discoraged as i feel with the workout routines im doing and eating habits i've been eating i would of expected a much higher fat loss around my stomach area, hence why i asked for help/tips on here , Europe is another reason to motivate me and i strive to still come back after 2 months in europe and continue this lifestyle not just a "diet phase"

You need between 72 grams of protein and up to 130 grams if you are a strength training vegetarian. I used a variety of sites but none seemed to ask all the statistics. Some based it on sex and height, others on sex and weight, some on workout level. The general rule of thumb, a sedentary person needs .8 grams per kg of weight and 1.2 grams per kg for activity.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member

How do you have any idea if she's eating enough calories if she hasn't logged any food?

There was a glitch or something. The first time I looked I could see what she logged and it was about 1100 calories per day. The second time I looked, there was nothing in the diary.

When I looked there was one week of logging and then nothing for the rest of the month.

OP, we're trying to help you but you already said you knew the answer--there is no such thing as spot reducing. Also, if you're not logging we can't help. If you're logging somewhere else, we still can't help.

And this is my personal opinion so take it as you will but you're going about this all wrong. You're eating way too little (this observation is taken from the one week of logging I found in your diary) and you're exercising way too much. No one can sustain this level of too few calories in and too many calories out. You need to do this in a slow and steady manner. All the weight didn't come on in 12 weeks and its not going to come off in 12 weeks.

Be happy with where you are and enjoy Europe without worrying about your weight.

When you return, get back on the wagon and eat at a decent deficit and exercise moderately.
  • leantool
    leantool Posts: 365 Member
    In for hard love, bacon, 1200 calorie diets, under-fueled training, and unrealistic expectations.

And comical intolerance to logical exasperation of hard working folks!
  • Charocheris
    Charocheris Posts: 27 Member
    I have to agree. I've gone through the posts and folk are using this as an opportunity to be catty and then calling it 'tough love'. Oh Please! Yeh right, just Totally forget about the fact that someone,s esteem is being ripped to shreds in the process whilst you issue your 'tough love'.

To answer the question: When I first wanted to lose weight I had a huge belly. I targeted it by doing waist exercises. Tiffany Rothe on YouTube has some excellent ones. I also wore a slimming belt to encourage me to eat less and for my belly to take shape. I know various actresses are said to have done 'waist training' post partum to get their shape back. Longer term toning the belly muscles will help.
  • nk1201

How do you have any idea if she's eating enough calories if she hasn't logged any food?

There was a glitch or something. The first time I looked I could see what she logged and it was about 1100 calories per day. The second time I looked, there was nothing in the diary.

When I looked there was one week of logging and then nothing for the rest of the month.

OP, we're trying to help you but you already said you knew the answer--there is no such thing as spot reducing. Also, if you're not logging we can't help. If you're logging somewhere else, we still can't help.

And this is my personal opinion so take it as you will but you're going about this all wrong. You're eating way too little (this observation is taken from the one week of logging I found in your diary) and you're exercising way too much. No one can sustain this level of too few calories in and too many calories out. You need to do this in a slow and steady manner. All the weight didn't come on in 12 weeks and its not going to come off in 12 weeks.

Be happy with where you are and enjoy Europe without worrying about your weight.

When you return, get back on the wagon and eat at a decent deficit and exercise moderately.

It’s all a little confusing, when you originally set up for my fitness pal it suggests you to go with their suggested calorie intake which I have and was 1200 now all I’ve been getting are comments my calories are too low but I am doing what my fitness pal recommends. Then when I add an exercise, it tells me to eat back my calories but to me that sounds like it’s just eating what you have burnt off won’t that make you put on the weight or not have any effect? Secondly I’ve read comments I should be doing a proper calorie deficit this or that – with so many different comments on what I should do its still very unclear on whats the best solution to take when trying to lose weight

so you can't blame me for not being the most educated about this whole weight loss journey, i am only 12 weeks new to this if i knew all the answers and all the correct calculations methods etc i would of never posted my question to begin with

and yes its public forum but just because someone has better knowledge than another person i jsut think there is no need to have to be so condesending and write negative comments about my question and i think there are nicer ways to answer someones's post of provide helpful postive feedback
  • nk1201
    I don't understand either. You should really be dead by now according to your diary, seeing as it's completely empty.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

it's actually quite suprising too see such negative people on this website - find it quite sad that people that who have no idea about me and where as i am only trying to get information or help on this site have the time to put people down. if you don't have any thing nice to say don't say anything at all.

Seriously? If you're not even tracking your food, then you're obviously not even taking this seriously...

You want advice? Track every single piece of food that you put in your mouth every day. Weigh or measure every single food that you put in your mouth. Be as accurate as possible as often as possible. Drink plenty of water. Eat plenty of protein. Eat plenty of fiber. Lift heavy weights to preserve muscle during weight loss. Incorporate cardiovascular exercise to keep your cardiovascular system healthy and strong. Incorporate a consistent calorie deficit. Weigh yourself often to see if you need to adjust said calorie deficit.

Yes serisously,
    just because i am not tracking my food online here everyday doesn't mean i'm not tracking every food i eat in my journal all the other days, weighing every portion, eating enough carbs/protein/fats and drinking enoug water etc

my original post was just simply asking for help or tips - as i believe that so far i have been doing everything right for the past 6 weeks but the only thing that doesn't seem to be going is my stomach area and so ofcourse i would naturally think i'm lacking in exercise or my diet hence why i decided to ask here

So I'm to believe that instead of tracking your food very very easily using the massive online database that MFP offers, with bar code scanners and nutrition information for hundreds of thousands of foods, you're instead entering all of your food with 100% accuracy every single day without fail in a journal and then searching for the nutrition information by hand?

mj3aye.gif

that's fine you don't need to "believe me" i don't know you personally and vise verser you can only judge me based on this online website and what you see on my profile, saying i am "obvisouly not taking this seriously" is actually quite offensive to me, you don't know my life, how hard i put in effort when i have been exercising for now 6 weeks and of what i eat everyday, what? only because i dont use online technology to track everything i do, "i am obviously not taking this seriously? yes my fitness pal is a great online tool but just because i don't use it EVERYDAY and EVERy MINUET does not mean i am not taking my fitness journey one bit serious, and it's people like you who encourage me to keep pushing my self harder. your comments are not one bit helpful to me so rather than wasting your time providing negative comments to my post you should invest your time being polite and helpful with other people you seem like you have alot of knowledge so why not use it in a helpful way rather than making fun of people making comments/

and look yes you may be more educated than i am but you're forgettingi am only 12 weeks new into this fitness journey, but just remember just because you know more knowlege than i do, that doesn't make you one bit better than i am or how you should treat people.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member

It’s all a little confusing, when you originally set up for my fitness pal it suggests you to go with their suggested calorie intake which I have and was 1200 now all I’ve been getting are comments my calories are too low but I am doing what my fitness pal recommends. Then when I add an exercise, it tells me to eat back my calories but to me that sounds like it’s just eating what you have burnt off won’t that make you put on the weight or not have any effect? Secondly I’ve read comments I should be doing a proper calorie deficit this or that – with so many different comments on what I should do its still very unclear on whats the best solution to take when trying to lose weight

so you can't blame me for not being the most educated about this whole weight loss journey, i am only 12 weeks new to this if i knew all the answers and all the correct calculations methods etc i would of never posted my question to begin with

and yes its public forum but just because someone has better knowledge than another person i jsut think there is no need to have to be so condesending and write negative comments about my question and i think there are nicer ways to answer someones's post of provide helpful postive feedback

MFP is a calculator. It doesn't have a brain and therefore it doesn't "recommend" anything, it merely tells you what you want it to tell you. If you tell it "I want to lose 2 pounds a week" then its going to tell you to eat an unhealthily low amount of food. No different than if you punched numbers and into a calculator and hit enter.

MFP is just a tool and it is only as helpful as its users input. You cannot rely on it to do your thinking for you you need to research this on your own and then use MFP as a calculator not an advisor or you are likely going to get bad "advice" from it.

What you are going to want to do is look up concepts like BMR, NEAT and TDEE....determine what your TDEE likely is and eat calories that are between your BMR and your TDEE while maintaining a moderate deficit from your TDEE. If you create to large of a deficit you will lose muscle mass in addition to fat which will actually negatively effect your overall fitness, strength and health and cause you to look simply smaller rather than more fit.

Trick is a small deficit over a long period of time, trying to rush it is only going to end up making you unhappy with the results.
  • HereLieWe
    HereLieWe Posts: 233 Member
    that's fine you don't need to "believe me" i don't know you personally and vise verser you can only judge me based on this online website and what you see on my profile, saying i am "obvisouly not taking this seriously" is actually quite offensive to me, you don't know my life, how hard i put in effort when i have been exercising for now 6 weeks and of what i eat everyday, what? only because i dont use online technology to track everything i do, "i am obviously not taking this seriously? yes my fitness pal is a great online tool but just because i don't use it EVERYDAY and EVERy MINUET does not mean i am not taking my fitness journey one bit serious, and it's people like you who encourage me to keep pushing my self harder. your comments are not one bit helpful to me so rather than wasting your time providing negative comments to my post you should invest your time being polite and helpful with other people you seem like you have alot of knowledge so why not use it in a helpful way rather than making fun of people making comments/

and look yes you may be more educated than i am but you're forgettingi am only 12 weeks new into this fitness journey, but just remember just because you know more knowlege than i do, that doesn't make you one bit better than i am or how you should treat people.
    Hey there. Sorry you're receiving some negative comments. I sure hope that's not common of this site...

I'm the same way with my calorie tracking. I don't enter them all in my diary, but I do keep track of what I eat, and I've memorized the average calorie amounts of the foods I most commonly eat, then add them up in my head. When I don't know the nutritional value of something I eat, I look it up. The diary on here is hard to use, so I'd much rather take advantage of the database between my ears.

I also like to think I'm taking my fitness journey seriously, and I think it's pretty presumptuous for someone to assume that you're not taking it seriously because you're not taking advantage of this site's calorie counting tool.

Now, back on topic...I found that I really slimmed out my belly by doing sit ups. I only needed to do about 20 a day, along with my diet and average exercise, and it really helped!