Ladies with big Insanity workout results!! Where yall at?

Replies

• gloriafernandez0404
    gloriafernandez0404 Posts: 1 Member
    Great blog! Counting on your support. Is it possible to do Insanity while doing the Dukan Diet?
  • Drakles86
    Drakles86 Posts: 2
    Question for anyone out there that may be able to help! I currently have 44% body fat and I need to be down to 32% by the end of July, for my medical screening to be accepted into the Army. I have started day one of insanity today and have been on strict diet plan for 39 days. Do you think it's possible to drop 12% body fat in the 60 days with this program??
  • Drakles86
    Drakles86 Posts: 2
    Here I am on day one! Here's hoping for some awesome results! #GoArmy

http://s1371.photobucket.com/user/Drakles86/media/imagejpg4_zps194f8fe1.jpg.html
  • racicot85
    racicot85 Posts: 8
    Today I finished my first week of Insanity!! I'm definitely looking forward to my rest day tomorrow, but I have to say I'm extremely happy with the results so far. I lost 4 pounds this week!!! I am very excited about that. I have a lot to lose though, so I'm sure that's why. Also, I couldn't do a single push up. I was doing them on my knees the first two days, but already I am able to do them. I have been eating less calories than I used to, but I still need improvement in making healthier choices. I am very excited about the changes in my body this first week, and I am wondering how much change I will see by the end of it!! :happy:
  • Currently in the middle of week two and I'm already getting discouraged. Since I'm doing it by myself, I'm having a hard time finding the proper motivation to to these crazy workouts so many times a week. Anyway, I'm still pressing play but it's getting harder and harder. I know this due to gaining weight during my first week. I've read all the posts about others that have gained early on due to water retention etc., but it's still very discouraging. You don't work out like a maniac 7 days a week to gain weight. I do feel like I'm getting stronger so I'm trying to hold on to that, but I don't like looking bigger than I did before I started. I think the key is still food. I need to find a way to eat more calories. I'm easily anywhere from 500-800 under everyday. It's great that there is a forum like this one for motivation !!! Until I get the results I want, I'll keep pushing myself to press play! I hope you are too!!
  • TulekaM
    TulekaM Posts: 1
    Hello all!

I have just completed week 1 of Insanity and am truly enjoying rest day today. I haven't weighed myself plan to do that every fortnight. My question to you all is, 'is anyone finding it difficult as I am to get the daily calories in?' I'm meant to eat 1766 cal but averaging at about 1466?

Insanity is a beast of a workout though and it broke me down this week hehehe. I'm relatively fit, I run marathons n do gym but this week made me feel like a beginner!!!
  • Hello! I have just completed Day 42 of INSANITY. And mine (and my housemates) journey through the program is definitely one of success!

http://throughinsanityandbeyond.blogspot.co.uk

This blog (there are progress photos!) is for myself, as motivation, and aims to provide a support network for those of you who need the extra push! I am not a personal trainer or in any way qualified to give advice on health and fitness. I did, however, graduate with a degree in Biology and am now a full time PhD student. I feel my experience and tips may be useful to some of you so take a look :) .
  • mlizzi88
    mlizzi88 Posts: 12 Member
    This thread was wonderful to read! Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences and successes. I am starting the program tomorrow and I am both excited and terrified! It is a very strange mix of emotions. I took my measurements tonight and have been looking at all of the results posts I can dig up!!

If anyone else is starting up soon or has recently begun I'd love some buddies for motivation during this endeavor.
  • any_chiwawa
    any_chiwawa Posts: 8 Member
    Hello. I'm starting with insanity...today i'm on day 3.
    Anyways, i have a problem with managing my diet.I hope that i'm asking in the right topic....

so.. Courently i'm eating by Un diet.(Day 1.Protein day, Day 2. Starch day., Day 3.Carbohydrate day.Day 4.Fruit day). By the insanity culculations i sould eat nearly 1800cal/day...which is inposible with this diet...especial on the fruit day..
    I'm eating 1200cal/day...but i read that that is to few.

I'm afraid that there won't be any results, if i quit my diet and i only work out more. What should i do? listen to shaun t, and hope for the best or try to make it on my own?:D

thanks for answers.
  • pickulz
    pickulz Posts: 1 Member
    I am starting Insanity today as well...and I did the fit test yesterday!

Those of you who have had weight loss with Insanity ...Do you all have your cal intake set to what Insanity recommends or what MFP suggests?
    MFP suggests 1200 for me but Insanity is at approx 1600!
  • michellemabelle09
    michellemabelle09 Posts: 6 Member
    Hello there!

I'm on my 4th week of Insanity and I love it! I was worried since I felt like nothing was changing this entire time, but I weighed and measured myself for the first time since starting the program this weekend (at the end of the 3rd week) and found that I've lost 7lbs, 2 inches off my waist, 1 inch off my hips, 1 inch off each thigh/each arm and even 0.5 inches off each calf (I thought for sure those were getting bigger). I'm 19 years old, 5'4.5" and now 138.6lbs (from 145.4lbs after gaining 10lbs from unhealthy universit living). I'm looking to lose 20lbs and get to 125lbs and, of course, to tone up! While I'm not struggling with eating clean and healthy (but yes, I do have the occasional cupcake), I'm still trying different calorie intakes since I feel like I'm not eating enough (at or below 1200 cal a day). It just scares me to up my intake, but I'll slowly up to 1500cal a day and hopefully still lose! But I guess I'll see what it does after a week or so. Love using MFP to track my macros - got to up that protein!

I don't really know anyone else in my life doing Insanity so feel free to add me as a friend! I would love to support other people and get support too! We can dig deeper together!
  • cinnamon009
    cinnamon009 Posts: 15 Member
    Those of you who have had weight loss with Insanity ...Do you all have your cal intake set to what Insanity recommends or what MFP suggests?

I was confused with this too but if you put your exercise into the MFP diary it adds on those calories to your daily total so I assume the 1600 from insanity includes the calories burnt from the workout? Does anyone know if this is correct?
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    two years ago I bought Insanity and I went from 175lbs to 120lbs in 4 MONTHS! and in to a size zero and i could see my obliques for the first time in my life!!!

WARNING!!!:: YOU MUST STAY ON YOUR EATING TARGET!!!

I accomplished an amazing feat because I stayed on a 1200-1400 cal diet the whole time. I rarely drank alcohol, and drank a lake-full of water.

Those vids work, but YOU have to put in the work and really want it. I used to swear at him and give him the finger but by the end of the workout i'd give Shaun T a thank you kiss. I have pics but don't know how to upload?
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    I'm on my 4th day of Insanity. Love it. As far as eating, yes, 1200 is basically your base, plus approx. the 400 calories or so that you burn from working out. Everyone has a different base though. Mine is personally set at 1270 and I eat back usually till about 1600.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member

I was confused with this too but if you put your exercise into the MFP diary it adds on those calories to your daily total so I assume the 1600 from insanity includes the calories burnt from the workout? Does anyone know if this is correct?

TRUST ME...you'll need the 1600 cals...his longest vid in the second round 'max circuit' i believe can burn up to OVER 1000 cals alone.
  • bala300
    bala300 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi All,
    I am planning to start Insanity workout in my apartment Gym shortly. Since the gym is empty in early morning, I am planning to do insanity workout in the morning (i.e before I got to office). Question is - will I be able to get ready and go to office after doing insanity workout in the morning? I can take a 30 mins rest after the workout. Please provide your thougths
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Hi All,
    I am planning to start Insanity workout in my apartment Gym shortly. Since the gym is empty in early morning, I am planning to do insanity workout in the morning (i.e before I got to office). Question is - will I be able to get ready and go to office after doing insanity workout in the morning? I can take a 30 mins rest after the workout. Please provide your thougths

Well, i'm an insanity newbie but I do my workout first thing in the morning. I don't know why, because by the time I'm finished I'm lying in a pool of sweat, but a few minutes after I've recovered, I get hit with this crazy energy rush. Which is a good thing, because then I have to walk, sometimes jog my dog. By the time I get back from my walk or jog I am dead though. I really think it just depends on you since everyone is different. I think after your shower you'd totally be ok though. Make sure to drink some electrolytes. I personally use Emergen-C Electro Mix. You just add it to your own water and best part is, no calories. :) I keep forgetting to try drinking it while i'm doing the workouts.
  • noles33
    noles33 Posts: 13 Member
    lol, my bf laughs at me because i give shaun the finger all the time! i am losing a ton of sizes, i'm on round 2 of insanity. thanks for the post!

Those vids work, but YOU have to put in the work and really want it. I used to swear at him and give him the finger but by the end of the workout i'd give Shaun T a thank you kiss. I have pics but don't know how to upload?
    [/quote]
  • tanishabearr
    tanishabearr Posts: 15 Member
    Hey guys I'm hoping on starting Insanity soon and I have a quick question: how do I track it on MFP for exercise? I typically use Endomondo and I'm broke so I can't get a HRM right now.
  • nura619
    nura619 Posts: 1
    I will start day 1 today when I got back from work. Normally I'm a couch potato but right now I can complete 5k run. I'm 233 lbs and only 5' 4" so I need to lose weight as well. I saw the recommendation that I took measurements instead of scales but it would be nice to see the decreasing numbers as well :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!