Diet caff. free sodas & water weight is it sabotaging me?

2»

Replies

• maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Even though it has no calories, it shuts any and all fat burning down

Then lots of people on here are medical miracles!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member

Myself included. I drink a ton of diet soda and have no issues losing or maintaining weight. The statement about diet soda shutting any and all fat burning down is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member

Myself included. I drink a ton of diet soda and have no idea losing or maintaining weight. The statement about diet soda shutting any and all fat burning down is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.

QFT. During my fat loss i drank it, and if it shuts down all fat burning im surprised i can even walk, after losing 70lb+ of muscle! :O
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    I think I would have more faith in diet sodas if they weren't manufactured by the folks that have made trillions off getting us all to be overweight. Even if they are not physically bad for us I still am not a fan of supporting companies that would trade a population's health for profit.

Sadly, getting rid of them can be a pain. I'm currently quite hooked on Naked Juice... a company owned by Pepsi.

The manufacturers held you down and forced you to drink them? You had a choice, they are in business, if you don't want to drink it you can always say no.

Did you want to fight about something in particular? Never said anyone forced me to do anything, to the contrary, I said I was choosing to not drink the stuff for my own reasons.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    I think I would have more faith in diet sodas if they weren't manufactured by the folks that have made trillions off getting us all to be overweight. Even if they are not physically bad for us I still am not a fan of supporting companies that would trade a population's health for profit.

Sadly, getting rid of them can be a pain. I'm currently quite hooked on Naked Juice... a company owned by Pepsi.

The manufacturers held you down and forced you to drink them? You had a choice, they are in business, if you don't want to drink it you can always say no.

Did you want to fight about something in particular? Never said anyone forced me to do anything, to the contrary, I said I was choosing to not drink the stuff for my own reasons.

Who's fighting I'm just trying to understand how you can blame soda manufacturers for trillions of people being overweight?

Also you are replacing pepsi which a 12 oz can has 150 calories and you replaced it with Naked Juice which a 15.3 oz of their Mango has 150 calories.... so if you over consume either there goes your deficit and well you can figure out the rest.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    . I have HEARD something to the effect of your body starting to treat the sweetners as real sugar therefore sabotaging weight loss.

Sounds like typical internet B.S. to me.
  • LadyGrey75
    LadyGrey75 Posts: 55 Member
    Everyone thank you so much for the info. I am just trying to weed out the facts from the lies and figure there are plenty of people here that know a lot more than me.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    We are all learning. :) I try to keep the science separate from the fads - and the science seems to always go back to calories in vs. calories out...
    Everyone thank you so much for the info. I am just trying to weed out the facts from the lies and figure there are plenty of people here that know a lot more than me.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member

Thank you for actually listening to what was said! Best advice I can give you is Keep it Simple, don't demonize any food groups, have patience, buy a digital food scale (and use it), log consistently and above all else you don't have to be miserable to lose weight.

Good luck to you!
  • DerekVTX
    DerekVTX Posts: 287 Member
    Not much taste better than an Ice Cold Coca Cola..........but it's garbage so I haven't had one in 3 months. I'm not touching Diet Soda either.....just another highy processed chemical laiden product........IMO.