"I knew you'd lose weight and leave me."

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Awesome! You should feel so proud!!:drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

I left a similar toxic situation. And am doing great! And I think it pisses him off!! :laugh:
  • wifeymou1112
    wifeymou1112 Posts: 129 Member
    I married my ex-wife when she was significantly overweight, constantly complimented her and supported her eventual weight loss, and she still changed so much for the worse after the weight came off and the attention came from others that the marriage ended.

Maybe if I hadn't been so complimentary all the time, she wouldn't have gotten used to it and gotten her head swelled by the compliments of others. Who knows. One thing's for sure, with women, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Yay, a bitter!

Perfect illustration of how the female mind works. Bashing your ex-wife = bitter. Bashing your ex-husband = you go girl!

Not all female minds work the same thank you very much. But yeh why is there a difference?!

I saw a video of an experiment where a man getting violent with a woman in public was responded to by the public and when the woman was violent to the man the public were laughing!? What the hell?!

For those of you that happen to give a f:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2638752/Shocking-video-shows-members-public-intervene-man-attacking-girlfriend.html

Congratulations OP.

I don't believe she was advocating divorce... More like advocating self empowerment
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    I married my ex-wife when she was significantly overweight, constantly complimented her and supported her eventual weight loss, and she still changed so much for the worse after the weight came off and the attention came from others that the marriage ended.

Maybe if I hadn't been so complimentary all the time, she wouldn't have gotten used to it and gotten her head swelled by the compliments of others. Who knows. One thing's for sure, with women, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

I agree. I tell my wife all the time how ugly and fat she is and everything is perfect for us.

On a different topic, how do I get me wife to stop taking a dump on my forehead while I sleep?

2j5dw60.gif

IDK, doesn't matter. I upgraded anyway. I realize looking back that she wasn't worth any of the praise I threw her way; Fat or skinny, ugly goes to the core.

QFT!

I just had to learn this the hard way. I was like why are we always being invited to attack everybody all the time? And then one day as predicted when I stopped playing that game, I was attacked. There are some character traits that people mantain no matter what comes their way. It's pretty sad, but not my problem.
  • wifeymou1112

I left a similar toxic situation. And am doing great! And I think it pisses him off!! :laugh:

I don't get why you'd care if it pissed him off. If he was toxic forget him! Stop caring about what does and doesn't piss him off :-)

Jus' saying :-)
  • gravexgirl
    gravexgirl Posts: 4 Member
    You DO look absolutely amazing! His loss forever! Eat your heart out buddy. Go on girl, and I hope you find or have found a man who appreciates you for YOU, regardless of your appearance!
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,359 Member

Like I said earlier, I don't criticize people for getting divorced. Relationships are hard. My issue was the message sounded like "I did and so can you!" People, at various times, advocated for my marriage when we were fed up with each other. I read somewhere that a bad marriage and a good marriage are often the same marriage at different points in time. Sometimes people need to give their marriage some time and give that time some time. That's all.

I agree
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    wow.. why can't people just be happy for others instead of always nit-picking?! good for you for being happy again!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Cheers to you and your newfound happiness! Well said, good lookin! :smile: :drinker:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Uhm, it sounds like you're advocating divorce, and I don't agree with that.

Some of us aren't religious, therefore have no issue with divorce.

I am not religious and have issues with it...mainly due to the fact that marriage is taken so lightly now and people jump in without considering the consequences...

NOt saying the OP did the wrong thing...sometimes it is the only answer...I mean my own parents are divorced...

But I know this...it is up to no man to make me happy or make me feel fulfilled I do that on my own and if that is why you are getting married...you know the old "you complete me" bull crap then take a step back and re-evaluate your relationship.

Goes for men too...

If you "need" a partner in your life...as opposed to wanting one...run from relationships until you want one...instead of need one.

I read this quote at 12...and have remembered it for 28 years...love readers digest..

Men and woman get married, the men hoping the women never change and the women hoping the men do....they both get disappointed

When I got married I made sure this wasn't me...

ETA: glad the OP is happy again and in a good spot in her life....and I am glad that she had the option to leave...
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    You DO look absolutely amazing! His loss forever! Eat your heart out buddy. Go on girl, and I hope you find or have found a man who appreciates you for YOU, regardless of your appearance!
    Strong thread comprehension............You know how I know people don't read all the responses in a thread
  • wifeymou1112

I don't get why you'd care if it pissed him off. If he was toxic forget him! Stop caring about what does and doesn't piss him off :-)

Jus' saying :-)

But she has to be the winner!! That's where her smug sense or superiority comes from ;)

Well, I think that's BS leaving a bad relationship should mean that you have LEFT that person behind and DON'T feel the need to look back.
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Good for you. Be beautiful!
  • I wish there were a "like" button.
  • jasonmh630
    OP, I think you tugged on some heartstrings... Six pages of replies in about an hour? That's an accomplishment of it's own. ;)
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member

And she's a woman.

Oh my! I've got girlfriends who cheer me on through thick & thin and support me whether I deserve it or not - that's what girlfriends are for! Doesn't mean I'm gonna leave my hubby for them... just sayin'.

This is a pretty ignorant statement. :noway:

Agreed. I'm glad you found your happy, OP. :flowerforyou:
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Who needs daytime tv?
  • jasonmh630
    I wish there were a "like" button.

*LIKE*
  • BITEME_GRRR
    BITEME_GRRR Posts: 150 Member
    Wow !! That was so beautiful :)
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Uhm, it sounds like you're advocating divorce, and I don't agree with that.

I agree 100%!

This is why I just didn't ever bother getting married ;)