Peanut Butter Addiction

2»

Replies

• Peanut butter is my kryptonite.
  • dayspoon
    dayspoon Posts: 4
    I just discovered this stuff "PB2" Powdered Peanut Butter, and it has been my saving grace. It's literally just dehydrated peanut butter that you mix with water. Because it doesn't have all the oil, it's only 45 calories/ 1.5g fat per 2tbs.
  • Nazy1343
    Nazy1343 Posts: 54 Member
    I just discovered this stuff "PB2" Powdered Peanut Butter, and it has been my saving grace. It's literally just dehydrated peanut butter that you mix with water. Because it doesn't have all the oil, it's only 45 calories/ 1.5g fat per 2tbs.
    WHAT :o does it preserve all the nutrients?

from the website:
    "No trans fats
    70% less fat than traditional peanut butter
    No added hydrogenated oils
    PPB is naturally gluten free and it is good source of vitamin E, folate, fibre, niacin, magnesium and phosphorus
    PPB is also a natural thickener and can be added to smoothies, stews, sauces and gravy"

sounds promising!
  • kzdimond
    kzdimond Posts: 1
    LOVE PB2!! Mixes easily, totally satisfies my peanut butter monster. Really great in yogurt, great for thickening smoothies too. Cannot recommend highly enough. It's not peanut butter, but the taste and texture are very similar without the oiliness. Sure peanut butter's oil isn't "bad," but it's jam packed with calories. Try PB2.
  • Chunkhotep
    Chunkhotep Posts: 16 Member
    Try 1T crunchy PB in your hot oatmeal. You'll be surprised how good it is.
  • Jamr8231
    Jamr8231 Posts: 73 Member
    3 spoons? I eat a JAR if left to it, so don't feel bad.

One thing that helped me was consuming the recommended protein intake to match my workout intensity. I don't seem to crave peanut butter any more.
  • Nazy1343

One thing that helped me was consuming the recommended protein intake to match my workout intensity. I don't seem to crave peanut butter any more.

do you get your protein from meat or protein bars etc?
  • Nazy1343
    Try 1T crunchy PB in your hot oatmeal. You'll be surprised how good it is.

best tip ever! I did that today! it was beautiful! hot oatmeal with peanut butter and blueberries yummm
  • Jamr8231
    Jamr8231 Posts: 73 Member

do you get your protein from meat or protein bars etc?

From meat, especially fish :)
  • CrescentCityGirl
    CrescentCityGirl Posts: 123 Member
    Hi!!!!!

Totally get where you are coming from!!!! I have issues with peanut butter and almond butter. Here is what helped me. I love the filling taste from both so now I have a square (1/4 of a serving) of Lindt chocolate 85% cocoa. It is very filling. Then depending on my caloric expenditure for the day I have either 1 or 2 tbsp of either peanut butter or almond butter with a cup of almond milk (30 calorie) It is my last snack of the day and it fills me up so I can sleep thru the nite.