Green Tea

Options
Soo i have heard like on youtube that when you are trying to lose weight you should drink green tea.

Why is that so?

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    There are supposedly some studies that drinking green tea might be a minuscule amount beneficial to metabolism. Whether or not that's true, I remain skeptical. I feel it's apart of this big bandwagon of crap people try to sell others to lose weight.

In honesty, if you like green tea, there's nothing wrong with adding it to your diet but don't count on it doing anything magical for weight loss. Focus on nutrient density of foods for health. Calories in vs out for weight loss. Exercise for fitness. And win ;)
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Makes me feel fuller when I'm drinking it before, during or after food..... Also it tastes great alongside sushi, especially if its the unlimited green tea at YoSushi!
  • ClaudiaKho13
    ClaudiaKho13 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Makes me feel fuller when I'm drinking it before, during or after food..... Also it tastes great alongside sushi, especially if its the unlimited green tea at YoSushi!

Haha
  • KhatLady
    KhatLady Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking green tea forever. It helped me lose weight only because it created a calorie deficit when I replaced my 400-500 calorie lattes with 0 calorie tea. No magic there, just math. I drink it because I like the flavor.

Should be noted, however, that caffeine - all caffeine, including that in tea - is diuretic. You need to drink more water when your diet includes things that have a diuretic effect because while it makes you pee more, that's not an indication that you're staying hydrated.
  • localised
    localised Posts: 25
    Options
    for me, i drink green tea because i grew up doing so :) i like the taste, and assuming you add nothing to it it's zero calories

i don't know about all the magic effects it's supposed to have, although apparently most caffeinated beverages should have an appetite-curbing effect
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Soo i have heard like on youtube that when you are trying to lose weight you should drink green tea.

Why is that so?

Don't know, but it is a great immune system booster (decaf version as well). I'd drink it just for that alone...