Game of Thrones - I Need Therapy - Spoiler Alert

akaMrsmojo
akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
Anyone a big fan of GOT?

I get it, you like to kill off the good guys in brutal fashions. But last night episode was so disturbing and frustrating, I think I am going to need therapy and I am sending the bill to Mr. Martin. Smashing a man skull with your thumbs is just pure craziness.

Anyone else annoyed and distraught over this show?

Before anyone criticizes, I know it is just a show and I am half joking.

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    I read the books, so I knew what was coming. (I read them after the Red Wedding, so I didn't see that coming!)

I felt like it was a bit over the top, yes... but he got people talking about the show, right??

And WTF Sansa?? She's all grown now? B- Please!
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Last nights episode really was mind blowing....... could'nt resist.

I really thought the entire episode would be about the trail by combat, kinda dissapointed it was only like the last 5 mins... but damn what a climax. I liked the viper though:/
  • the_great_beyond_
    the_great_beyond_ Posts: 157 Member
    I liked that he did that. Its nice to see heroic stereotypes smashed once in a while.
  • conqueringsquidlette
    conqueringsquidlette Posts: 383 Member
    Book reader here, too, and I get off on my husband's shock when stuff like that happens in the show.

Do I need therapy for that? lol
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    I have been following Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson for a few years. He does a lot of strong man competitions, and it hurt me to see him as a bad guy! (He was the one doing the smashing of the skull.) I feel badly for Tyren... poor, poor imp.

As for Sansa, good for her!

Oh, and Aria... I like her all demented out now!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    It was pretty brutal when he punched him in the face and his teeth bounced off the ground.
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 764 Member
    I really like where they are going with Sansa.

Was there a point to the beetle smashing story.

I was sitting by myself watching this morning. I threw my hands over my eyes. It was so intense.

I have never watched a show like this.

I confess I was shaking.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    It was like the Red Wedding all over again for me.
  • conqueringsquidlette
    I really like where they are going with Sansa.

Was there a point to the beetle smashing story.

I was sitting by myself watching this morning. I threw my hands over my eyes. It was so intense.

I have never watched a show like this.

I confess I was shaking.

The beetle story did a pretty good job in setting up the climax, imo.

There was also a really nice bit of foreshadowing for the next episode (or perhaps episode after next) hidden in the dialogue of this one somewhere too......

Love the writing on this show.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    I kind of knew what was going to happen...because I Googled Tyrion's outcome awhile ago! LOL! I wait on most of it but had to find out. Though I was shocked at the brutality!!

If there was ever a lesson about quitting while you're ahead and not showboating...I think that was it!!
  • conqueringsquidlette
    I will miss that actor. He did such a good job.

And he's hot. :-P
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I've read the books, but we were talking before and especially after tonight's episode how much of a downer it probably was for those who didn't know what was coming.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    I understand his reasoning for wanting to hear the guy confess, but even reading the book I just KNEW it was going to go south. It's like the bad guy explaining why he did what he did. The opponent always finds a way to thwart them!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    I was hearing a lot about this show in the beginning and when I looked into it a pregnant lady was having her belly stabbed. That was enough for me. I knew just to have legs the show would have to top itself so I'm not surprised it's chosen to be graphic in that way. I get that it was books and so it has to stick to some semblance of storyline/plotlines but it's choosey where you are going to put that kind of stuff in and how. I just knew I'd end up like OP all "disturbed" and whatnot.

I like my shows to be nice and give me good feelings. I don't like to feel like I need showers or therapy or my mommy after things I watch.

I'm sorry you feel like that OP...are you going to continue to watch? I'd guess by now the storyline is so riveting, you kind of really really want to in spite of that feeling?
  • rosie1694
    rosie1694 Posts: 5
    I actually thought it was great- but then I love a bit of gore. You're not on your own though, I watched it with a few people and the main pattern was that people who didn't read the books tended to dislike it more.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    The way I feel about Tyrion and the Mountain/Viper battle has already been said. Heard about what happens in the books but still epic none the less. The beetle story was really awesome.

On another note, when Arya and The Hound heard about Lysa's death, Arya's laugh was priceless. made me love her even more. And there was not a single lemon cake to be found in Sansa's hands all episode, hurray!!
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    Such a great show. Awesome books.

Favorites last night:
    Teeth bouncing on the ground after that fist punch. Don't get me wrong- I adored the viper, I did. But his death was spectacular.
    The story of Tyrions cousin smashing beetles? Loved it. Mostly because I love Tyrion and the way he tells a tale. The "relentless beetle slaughter" loved it. Loved it.
    Tyrion asking if Martel can fight, he's called the viper for a reason, and then moaning "Oh, he's going to die isn't he? I'm going to die!"

GOOD STUFF, I tell ya.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    I've read the books, so I knew what was coming and I will still shocked. I thought it was really done and I enjoyed it.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    I am so sad for Tyrion.... :(
  • conqueringsquidlette
    On another note, when Arya and The Hound heard about Lysa's death, Arya's laugh was priceless. made me love her even more.

That was my favorite part of the whole episode.