Anyone in their 40's?

Thought i would try this again!...Always nice to have others for support and motivation and who totally understand how our metabolism slows down and its so much harder to lose the weight! (as we get older!) :mad: :drinker:

Replies

• marvinq42
    marvinq42 Posts: 31 Member
    44 over here!
  • butlersoft
    butlersoft Posts: 219 Member
    42 .... male .... 69lbs down since January so it does still work :-)
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Hi very true that is why we need to implement , certain strategies like carb cycling, calorie cycling, sleep enough of it, proper nutrition, omega3, green tea, compound movements i.e. squat, deadlift, standing shoulder barbell press, heavy bench, HIT bust training, also eating like garlic, sunflower seeds, cinammon to help control blood sugar levels
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member

Wow it took me since last August and I thought that was a little too fast to be healthy

47 here and also 69 lbs down
  • butlersoft
    ^^^ Excellent !! :-)
  • LunaStar2008
    LunaStar2008 Posts: 155 Member
    Check out the group "friends in their 40's" . There are a bunch of us....:laugh: :smile:
  • butlersoft

Wow it took me since last August and I thought that was a little too fast to be healthy

47 here and also 69 lbs down

I've averaged 3lbs per week over the duration ...... but in reality, the first 10-15lbs literally "fell off" over the first couple of weeks. I've had periods where I've stayed the same for a week or so ... and then suddenly another 2-3 lbs.

Keeping in general to 1,800 kcals per day and I'm at the gym 3 times a week for about an hour running 5-8km (5km time has improved from 42 mins in Jan to 27 mins last weekend!!!). I also ran a marathon at the beginning of April so had the additional training and long distances at the weekend to assist in creating my deficit.
  • nbkp2ge
    nbkp2ge Posts: 39 Member
    Turned 40 in March:sad: current weight 167lbs and goal weight is 140lbs.
  • walts9
    walts9 Posts: 12
    47 here, i have also found that since i'm older losing weight is a bit slower but it can still be done. I've lost 34 lbs in 4 months.
  • greentray
    greentray Posts: 35 Member
    44 here, 210lbs, 6lbs off so far, still a long way to go.
  • IbiH
    IbiH Posts: 250 Member
    43 on Friday!!!

Been here for almost 2 1/2 years, most of it has been on maintenance but I'll never quit as I don't want to go back to my old ways.
  • mattreadfx
    mattreadfx Posts: 50 Member
    43 here
  • I have been watching my diet and walking every day, and was most devastated to find i had put ON weight, oh woe, but i traced it to anti depressants prescribed by the Doc, (side effects may be increase in weight, DOH!) So going back to change pills, but still trying, I am so tired of being fat.
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    48 here, with 49 fast approaching! my weight loss is very slow, but I keep plodding on and have 10 lbs to lose to my first goal (and maybe my final goal depending how I feel!)

I log every day, add me if you like!
  • jimbmc
    jimbmc Posts: 83 Member
    45 here :) UK
  • msNess75
    msNess75 Posts: 8
    Turned 40 in March:sad: current weight 167lbs and goal weight is 140lbs.

I turn 40 next March as well. I started my weight loss the day after my 39th birthday in March and am down 14lb so far, feeling great!!
  • waipepe
    waipepe Posts: 110 Member
    40 here.
  • JilJon
    JilJon Posts: 7 Member
    Hi everyone, 46 nearly 47 .. still feel young :-) 9 days ago I was at a birthday party which my 4yo was invited and I started talking to a lady who had just lost 31 kilos on a shake diet .. after an extensive conversation with her and learning that she did it in less than six months, I committed to trying it myself. I have NEVER been able to get past a whole day on a shake diet but this time something in me is different and I have just finished Day 9 .. I don't know what I have lost yet as I am too scared to get on the scales but I know I have lost something as my pants are a little bit looser than they were and my face seems a little narrower. I will succeed this time. I will get on the scales soon but I have to be in the right mindset. Getting on the scales brings back horrendous memories for me as I was alternatively anorexic and bulemic and lived on the scales every day. A small gain would send me into a spiral and I would starve myself.. then I would binge and vomit it all up.. For now, until I can face the scales I would prefer to do what I know will work, count my calories and feel the difference in my clothes.. i have set aside 120 days to do this and I now have 111 to go. I walk regularly and enjoy it. I am drinking sparkling apple juice out of a wine glass instead of wine and I am determined to do this once and for all. The baby weight has been hanging around for nearly 4.5 years now and I'm done with it. I'm going back to a size 12 (Australian size) and nothing is going to stop me this time, I'm waiting for the first person to tell me I've lost weight :-)
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Hi very true that is why we need to implement , certain strategies like carb cycling, calorie cycling, sleep enough of it, proper nutrition, omega3, green tea, compound movements i.e. squat, deadlift, standing shoulder barbell press, heavy bench, HIT bust training, also eating like garlic, sunflower seeds, cinammon to help control blood sugar levels

What he said. Great tips! I highly recommend calorie cycling - low days and high days, all meticulously mathed out for your weekly goal plan.

But if you just count calories, you will succeed.
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    45 years old but still feel as though I'm 27!!!!!