3 month NO Coffee experiment results...

Options
15678911»

Replies

• rosiecotton24
    rosiecotton24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I wonder if the weight gain has more to do with the creamers and sugar. Coffee itself has very few calories. I'm trying to cut back on the amount of creamer and sugar I put in mine.
  • rosiecotton24
    rosiecotton24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Coffee is definitely one of those things that is studied to death. While it's not bad for you, the controversy is more around if it's good for you. I think the most recent study I saw In the media (I didn't read the study, just the one-liner in the news) that men who drink at least 3 cups a day are less likely to get prostate cancer. Lol.

Coffe has absolutely no effect on me either way. I've quit before and nothing happened. It does wake me up and get me moving. So, it's good for me.

I have read also that women who drink a few cups a day have a lower risk of breast cancer.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

WOW! This is sooooo funny (in SUCH a GOOD WAY) that someone bump this thread!!!!!! I just started a 40 day challenge that one of my buddies DARED me to join with her :smooched: to walk one mile per day for the next 40 days. Of course, me being the person that I can be, added to the dare/challenge 40 days of NO MEAT and NO COFFEE. I just started this challenge Monday and didn't have any yesterday...but did have some today. Rereading this post is going to help me/encourage & inspired me big time--THANKS SO MUCH to whoever bumped this!!!!! :drinker: :heart: :drinker:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I wonder if the weight gain has more to do with the creamers and sugar. Coffee itself has very few calories. I'm trying to cut back on the amount of creamer and sugar I put in mine.

THIS (creamers) is my reason for not wanting to drink coffee. I DETEST black coffee and only like it super sweet, loaded with creamers (ya know a little coffee with my cream :wink: ) Again, for me...the addictive thing I want to "master" in drinking coffee has more to do with the cream factor (which I'm not measuring--so it's probably more than 4 tablespoons per cup) is the cream...not the coffee itself per say--other than that, coffee would have absolutely NO control over me (my feeling like I MUST have it--I don't like being a "slave" to anything), because apart from the cream...coffee wouldn't even be a slight addiction/temptation to me, because plain black coffee is TO ME disgusting!
  • kdsp2911
    kdsp2911 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting article. It talks about several different effects caffeine has on the body, and one of them is increased insulin resistance. This would make those effects (body fat percentage, belly fat increase, etc) make total sense. It also supports the "it messes with you hormones" statement, as insulin is a hormone and when that is off kilter it effects other hormones in your body. Think PCOS.

I have been diagnosed with PCOS, but when off the coffee I noticed decent weight loss. Throughout the Journey I've noticed that my weight loss slows or halts when I'm back on the coffee. Looks like I will also be decreasing my coffee intake to see how that effects the loss.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    did you get migraines? I just randomly posted because for the past 3 posts MFP wouldn't let me...sorry
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    did you get migraines? I just randomly posted because for the past 3 posts MFP wouldn't let me...sorry

I didn't get ANY migraines nor anything negative (withdrawal symptoms, aches, pains--nothing adverse at all), just ALL positive results--especially physically and the longer I went without coffee...the better I felt mentally too (i.e., more energy and overall a feeling of being stronger (i.e. not feeling as tired and lethagic) and I also felt more alert/sharper...go figure, I forever felt (believed) that coffee helped me stay more alert and awake...when actually the opposite happened--when I stopped drinking coffee--I felt better all around than I did when I was drinking coffee. Everyone is different though, so definitely take than into consideration.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!