Anyone in their 40's?

Replies

• sexygoodness
    sexygoodness Posts: 245 Member
    Hi, 48 here, fast approaching is 49 in the next two months. Today is my first day here, 220 lbs and gaining more, rapidly. I lost about 50 lbs a year and a half ago, when i was having some personal issues with my marriage. I went out and purchase a whole new wardrobe, fast forward and I've gain most of it back and now nothing fits me properly. I decided I'm not purchasing any more clothes, so here I am. I'll accept any help I can get.

Welcome :flowerforyou:

Good Luck and I hope you have lots of success. A good support system is very helpful so fee free to add me. :drinker:
  • RebeccaP1972
    RebeccaP1972 Posts: 101 Member
    42 here and just getting started (again). Feel free to add me, I log daily and am very supportive.
  • 48 here, just starting so any suggestions helpful, please add if you want, I am going to try and log daily.
  • JScottBldrs
    JScottBldrs Posts: 44 Member
    46, Been here 6 weeks 9 lbs down and 36 to go. 40's are the new 20's Looking for friends Anyone can add me This is a long journey / lifestyle change and we all need a little motivation :smile:
  • silverstarrlyte
    silverstarrlyte Posts: 83 Member
    42, add me if you want - 20 lbs down 20 to go!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Thought i would try this again!...Always nice to have others for support and motivation and who totally understand how our metabolism slows down and its so much harder to lose the weight! (as we get older!) :mad: :drinker:
    I'm 44 and my metabolism hasn't slowed down. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.
  • LKM54
    LKM54 Posts: 48 Member
    I have found it is harder to lose weight. I am 53 and through the change. Peri lasted 7 years and menopause 2. I am starting to feel normal again. Anyone need any wisdom about the change I am here to help. I had no idea what it really entails so get ready for a bumpy ride. Meanwhile, I am trying hard to post my portions and work out. working out is not a problem for me it is the food. I use food as my drug of choice and binged twice this week. I am really working on not using food. At 53, I feel like it is time to figure out this demon once and for all. I have worked through so many things but the food thing still hangs on. Off to move my ars. Have a great day!
  • Swtsassy65
    Swtsassy65 Posts: 10 Member
    49 On July 2ed
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    I was 50 in March :)
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    We just about qualify. Both my wife and I are 49

Frantically trying to hold back the advancing years! Gym 6 days a week, cycle 6 days a week. It's HARD WORK!
  • biscuit71
    biscuit71 Posts: 43 Member
    I'll be 43 in August.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Thought i would try this again!...Always nice to have others for support and motivation and who totally understand how our metabolism slows down and its so much harder to lose the weight! (as we get older!) :mad: :drinker:

Learned last week that training-wise, its not quite like being twenty or thirty something again, even though I spent the last 3 months strengthening my body to deadlift again.

Body said nope.
  • kamalelwa
    kamalelwa Posts: 44 Member
    Hey-- :smile: just turned 48--feel free to add me!!!!
  • fatboy235
    fatboy235 Posts: 147 Member
    Soon to be 43 and still as unhealthy as ever ha ha ha
  • Mykidsdad1
    Mykidsdad1 Posts: 4 Member
    Chronologically yes.....

Kids / Wife might remind me often to act my age......
  • conklil
    conklil Posts: 81 Member
    48 here...feel free to add me.
  • 46 in July, lost 17lbs in 9 months thanks to Fitness Pal and my Fitbit. Feeling really good, would love to lose just a few more. Feel free to add me!
  • bstoneman73
    bstoneman73 Posts: 1 Member
    41 here
  • gnemsa
    gnemsa Posts: 4 Member
    I'll be 52 in October...is there a seniors club? I am looking for a friend that will help me be accountable. If you want to lose it, you have to move it...get my fatass off the couch...right? :smokin:
  • Jeffy67
    Jeffy67 Posts: 112 Member
    I'll be 47 in December and I've lost about 57 lbs since the early part of January 2014.
    Anyone, feel free to add me as a friend