So many people with respectively high final GWs....

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    You sound like a very unpleasant person to have as a friend on this site.
    Someone's goal is none of your business to judge.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    thats the beauty of a goal though, once you reach one you can set another. i understand what you are saying but some people dont want to set the bar too high at first. my original goal weight was 220, then moved it to 210, then to 200, then to 190, now its 185. i will probably move it again once im below 200 but who knows, i may be happy at 200 and stick with that (i seriously doubt it though)

nailed it!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    <---5'3, 152 pounds

Go away, let me be happy with myself while you work on whatever you have going on in your own life which doesn't affect me.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    2JA8F.gif&size=400x1000

My boss busted me for not doing work cos I laughed out loud at that.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    I set a higher goal so that I could take a month if eating at maintanence for a month or so. Give myself a little break from a deficit and make sure that my methods were appropriate both for loss and for maintanence.

I like this idea. :smile:
  • Idefinenichelle
    Idefinenichelle Posts: 116 Member
    I see it a lot with women, especially. For example, a 5'4" female starts out with a weight of 350 pounds, and her goal is to get to 175 pounds. That's still obese! I see this a lot where people set goal weights when they are probably underestimating their potential! I understand people want to set realistic goals, but why go so far when you only just a little more to go before your REAL moment of victory? The "healthy" range! Really, if you've set a high final goal weight, consider the fact that with a little more time, you can do even more than that! All it takes is a little more time.

Okay Judgy McJudgerson. You know that they can decide at a later date to lower it. I think you should worry less about others goals and more about your own. Even if they decide to stick with a goal that's still overweight or obese it's better than they used to be.

By the way I am overweight for my height. I also have 20% body fat, which is athletic for a woman. To get into the healthy range I would be very close to almost unhealthy levels of body fat. One size does not fit all when it comes to weight ranges.

^This. And there are people who are at a healthy weight.. but aren't healthy. There is more to being healthy than just your weight. I'm 5'3 and my GW is 170. Once I get there, I will MAYBE make it 160. But, personally.. I don't want to get down to the 130's 140's.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    I know. I don't get it either. Once you pick a goal you're stuck with that goal forever and ever and yet here we are with people settling in the goals department. It's a shame really.

Yes because goals and aspirations NEVER CHANGE AND MUST BE WRITTEN IN BLOOD. And where the he|| do you get off implying other's goals that they set for themselves are settling..seriously.
    If this post is sarcastic I literally can't tell..maybe my sarcasm meter is broken.

EDIT:
    Jebus, I need to learn to stay out of these forums when I am feeling stabby already. grumble

I just said the same thing to myself! Between this crap and the "I don't take advice from fat people" thread...I'm already hangry and PMS-y, so I'm just gonna go get some food and coffee before I completely go off the rails...

That was the other one... I managed to back out of it.

Is it a full moon?

Does anyone have a spare tinfoil hat? Mine rusted from all the rain :ohwell:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    I see it a lot with women, especially. For example, a 5'4" female starts out with a weight of 350 pounds, and her goal is to get to 175 pounds. That's still obese! I see this a lot where people set goal weights when they are probably underestimating their potential! I understand people want to set realistic goals, but why go so far when you only just a little more to go before your REAL moment of victory? The "healthy" range! Really, if you've set a high final goal weight, consider the fact that with a little more time, you can do even more than that! All it takes is a little more time.

LOL. My goal weight is 175. I'm 175. I expect it will take me about 2.5 years to reach my goal.

Do that math.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    srslyguise.jpg

This warms my heart ever so slightly :flowerforyou:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    BFSi8pU.jpg
  • jwenkheimer
    jwenkheimer Posts: 1 Member
  • NinjaUnicornPirate
    NinjaUnicornPirate Posts: 43 Member
    BFSi8pU.jpg

This is so fitting for the post... ridiculous, confusing... makes my brain hurt.
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    2JA8F.gif&size=400x1000

lol!
  • terra32907
    terra32907 Posts: 33 Member

<insert sarcastic tone> As one of the people you are referring to, I appreciate your concern for my obesity. I think for most of us fatties though, losing half our body weight would be a MAJOR victory. Then again, we didn't start at 160 lbs.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    In the interest of not being judgmental, I am not going to reply. :ohwell:

But I'm in - just in case the OP wants to defend her statement and to see Grace's gifs. She rocks :flowerforyou:
  • deksgrl
    morons.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    2JA8F.gif&size=400x1000

My job here is done. :drinker:
  • weblur
    weblur Posts: 140 Member
    I don't usually post especially in controversial threads but...

I wondered if anyone would judge me about my goal weight because 140 is high for someone who isn't even 5 foot tall (my dad, for example, was 5'4" and only 120-130 pounds).

Why is my goal weight 140?

1. Seemed like a good round number to start off with.

2. I have never been a healthy weight in my life (well, except at birth) so I have no idea what my body will look like as I lose.

3. I haven't seen under 200 since high school so, again, I have no idea what my body will look like as it moves into a healthy weight range.

4. If (when!) I manage to shift 200 pounds I will have extra skin and I have a huge chest which (from past experience) doesn't get much smaller when I lose weight. How much will that loose skin weigh? I don't know and right now I don't care. I just want to get healthier for the first time in my life.

So I decided I didn't care if anyone judged me for my goal weight. I'm not doing it for whoever might judge me, I'm doing it for myself. My quality of life improves with every 10 pounds I shift. That's all I care about right now.

Will my goal change? Probably. All my goals will probably change as I evolve with this lifestyle change. In the past, that uncertainty would have frozen me. Today, I look forward to it.
  • fedup30
    fedup30 Posts: 141 Member
    nunt-uh.gif
  • deksgrl
    Jennifer-Lawrence-Cough-GIF.gif