80 lb Loss

Chronicle113
Chronicle113 Posts: 205 Member
Hello,

I loss 80 pounds altogether. I worked 9 hour shifts and what I basically did is did TAE BO everyday for 15 minutes after work. On my days off, I did it for an hour. I did this for 5 months and loss 60 pounds. It took me that long due to the fact that I was still eating the same and at that time I was new to losing weight. I just tried it out and it worked. Could of loss it half the time if I knew how to eat right at that time. After that, I joined the military, loss 20 pounds in Basic Training. Stayed in shape and was losing and gaining weight. It was like a back and forth thing. Been in the military for 4 years, learned a lot, found my groove in eating just this year. All I did is slowly transition into from unhealthy to healthy. If you jump into it, you will feel the need to quit. All it takes is motivation, effort and a strong mind. It's been quite an adventure and now it's easy to lose weight.

Replies

• Leighsters
    Leighsters Posts: 33 Member
    I'm so happy to hear that! You should be very proud of yourself... 80 lbs is a lot!
  • daworley
    daworley Posts: 238 Member
    Wow! 80lbs is a success! Congratulations on the weight loss and finding your groove. I am hoping to find that as well, some day :happy:
  • Yameta67
    Yameta67 Posts: 3 Member
    wow, great story!
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Very nice - congratulations. :smile:
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Coming from you... with those results. I think I should go back to 20 minute workout everyday that I used to. 1 hour every other day is not helping me.

Congrats by the way for the massive lose.
  • branbuds
    branbuds Posts: 624 Member
    Congrats on your 80 lb loss! That is awesome. And very sound advice - make changes a little at a time so they stick. :drinker:
  • cadyhouse
    cadyhouse Posts: 17
    You look great and I bet you feel great too! Excellent advice. Thank you for your service!
  • hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    Awesome job!
  • Curlysasha
    Curlysasha Posts: 191 Member
    Hi there Chronicle (sorry but don't know your real name)
    Just want to say a big congratulations on your weight loss and new mind set, I know when we set our mind to things anything is possible.
    I have suffered with poor choices regarding food all my adult years and only recently as I approached 40 did I feel the backlash of all those poor choices I made as my health has been greatly affected. I am now 42 and doing what I should have done 20 years ago.
    But it's not too late and I will get there and stories like yours inspire me greatly, so thank you and God bless you x

Edited to add I also think you're gorgeous :)
  • arixterkelley
    arixterkelley Posts: 11 Member
    wonderful! congratulations!
  • freedom403
    freedom403 Posts: 53 Member
    You did great. Stay the course.
  • Chronicle113
    Chronicle113 Posts: 205 Member
    Thank you everyone for the support.
  • Curlysasha
    Curlysasha Posts: 191 Member
    Thank you everyone for the support.

You are so welcome
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Your post was very inspiring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!