How I gave up pasta.

2»

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Glad you like it but I'll stick to pasta.
  • Lilenatalem
    Lilenatalem Posts: 46 Member
    I bought one of those when I did gluten free for a while. I still use zucchini for my pasta though.

I don't believe in tricking my kids though... I make dinner. They eat or go hungry.

Mine little minions are 2 and 3, and we are hitting the "everything is ewwww" phase. So I have to be sneaky =D They used to eat EVERYTHING and I really do try to put my foot down on some things. I wont even lie, there have been nights where babies didn't eat a bite of dinner. Guess what they had for lunch the next day? =p
  • Lilenatalem
    I want to buy one so badly but it's too much money for a gadget, lol.

I actually use it alot more then I thought I would! I really love this thing! It's AMAZING for shredding cabbage too!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Congrats to you
    however I live in Italy and make yummy real pasta everyday. My men would not go for this at all (husband and 3 sons in their 20's---all skinny). I myself eat 50g or half a portion and am losing weight. I like zucchini by the way, and eat it often. Good luck to you. :smile:
  • Lilenatalem
    Congrats to you
    however I live in Italy and make yummy real pasta everyday. My men would not go for this at all (husband and 3 sons in their 20's---all skinny). I myself eat 50g or half a portion and am losing weight. I like zucchini by the way, and eat it often. Good luck to you. :smile:

If i had the time/energy to make homemade pasta I would def eat it (probably everyday) but I do not. Nothing is better then fresh made from scratch pasta, and no one can convince me otherwise! I just do not have the time to make it. I wish I did!!
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    I bought a veggie peeler at BB&B. It was around $10 & used a 20% off coupon? it came as 2 pieces,but have only used the peeler.
    Works for me.I also shred a carrot for the sauce,add mushrooms ,yum!
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    I have zero intention of ever giving up pasta. Ever. But I do admit, I want a spiralizer just because OMG THAT LOOKS SO COOL! Basically, I just love zucchini and will take any excuse to consume it in a new form. :)
  • Lilenatalem
    I have zero intention of ever giving up pasta. Ever. But I do admit, I want a spiralizer just because OMG THAT LOOKS SO COOL! Basically, I just love zucchini and will take any excuse to consume it in a new form. :)

It really is awesome!! I HIGHLY recommend it!

Hell you could add these "noodles" IN with your pasta and make it even more nummy I'm sure =D
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member

It really is awesome!! I HIGHLY recommend it!

Hell you could add these "noodles" IN with your pasta and make it even more nummy I'm sure =D

Sounds like a terrific idea! I'm all for making things more nummy (and adding bulk to a pasta meal)!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Your sauce sounds great.

I often put the kinds of sauces I used to make for pasta on zucchini or butternut squash (haven't tried spaghetti squash for some reason) when I'm in the mood for those kinds of sauces and not pasta, especially (except on rare occasions I tend to eat pasta for the sauce anyway). Since I don't have kids I've never bothered about making the squash look like pasta, but I do like kitchen toys, so will check out the link.