Today is my 1 year loggiversary on MFP!

dlionsmane
dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
I signed up Dec 2012 but didn't do anything with MFP until April 2013. After a little bit of research I started making sure I was logging food every day. I have exceeded my original goal of 170, though a while ago I had set a new goal of 160 (I may change this again to 155). Even though it took longer than I had expected it to take to get here, I am okay with it. I am so happy with my results and I know I can and am going in the right direction and I am unstoppable!

If anyone is interested in my back story, you can find it here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1046999-by-way-of-introduction-and-a-nsv (Yes - I spelled losing incorrectly)

If you don't want to read that - TL;DR - I wasn't always overweight, gained a bunch of weight in recent years due to eating too much, found MFP and figured out how many calories I really needed, started eating at a deficit and started losing weight.

(Interestingly enough the two women - the only two who commented on that post - have become the two most important people that I have met here on MFP. They are truly awe inspiring women! Thank you ladies - you know who you are!!! xoxo :flowerforyou: )

The goal bucket of clothes that had been tucked away for over three years is completely empty and I have already gotten rid of about half of those clothes and am wearing a size 10 more than a 12. . I sometimes chuckle to myself when I think that was my goal. That bucket of clothes and now those clothes are too big! Even the 10's are kinda loose.

How did I do it?
I figured out my TDEE with a moderate exercise level (injuries) and I created a moderate deficit (I LOVE FOOD) so that I lose less than a half pound most weeks and a lot of weeks I've lost nothing. There were even several weeks where I gained, but I just kept going at a moderate deficit. I weigh EVERYTHING and log everything - the good, bad and ugly and believe me there is ugly. I just keep going. I haven't really 'given up' any foods. There are some I eat less of, sure but I still have ice cream on the regular and I eat chocolate every day.

I work out - my main cardio is and almost always has been walking. I started to incorporate kick boxing and some step aerobics as well, but pretty much had to stop that. (I have hip, butt and now foot issues). And I lift. I want to lift heavy, but I really can't - not yet anyway, so I lift moderately. I just keep going, at least 3x a week. But really I just exercise to look good naked. :laugh: I don't get big burns from exercise. I am in awe of people who do. I average in the low 100-200's, rarely will ever get into the 300's. I am okay with this too. Using the TDEE method, I don't eat back exercise calories.

My plan – Continue to eat the foods I love at a moderate deficit to lose weight. Exercise to be fit (and look good naked) :wink: I do have a number on the scale in mind, but I am really more interested in how I look and feel. I want to lower my BF% and so losing slow and steady is good for me.

Now what everyone really came here for - pictures! I am really happy that I have had a friend and co-worker take comparison photos of me in the same/similar outfits all along the way! It has helped me see where I am as I am going along and has helped me stay focused.

Stats:
Height = 5'7"
Age = 46
HW = 216
Start = 207/16/XL/40DD
6/9/14 = 168.3/10/M-L/36-38C
Goal = 155-160/(8?)/(M?)/(36C?)
(And yes I am perfectly okay with losing my DD's. I can't tell you how nice it is to be able to wear all the cute tops I could never fit in (or button up) before!)

TheStartBefore_SM_zps12dfc106.jpg

The date on the picture on the right is incorrect. It should be from May 2013. :grumble:
StartingOut_SM_zpsa6ea4975.jpg

TheMiddle_SM_zpsae27c1ce.jpg

7/01/13 `189 size 14 - 9/17/13 `179 size 12
TheBlackpants_SM_n_zps254f97d4.jpg

10/30/12 `207 - 9/23/13 `178
TheDiannaCompare2_SM_zps5ebc6104.jpg

Top July 2013 `190 - Bottom January 2014 `176
July13_January14_SM_zps40b818de.jpg

TheDianna13-14_SM_zps7a55135f.jpg

04/02/14 `172 size 12 jeans - 5/22/14 `170 size 10 jeans
TheJEans_SM_zps8e4627ee.jpg

9/12/13 180 - 5/12/14 170
TheBlackShirt_SM_zpsafc6aea0.jpg

June 7, 2014 169 Medium Old Navy top and bottoms.
Now_SM_zps955d957c.jpg

Front row to the gun show. :happy:
TheArm_SM_zps333e3256.jpg

In the end, I don't care how long it takes me to get to my goal. I am happy to keep working towards it and to just keep going. Thanks for stopping by! Happy Monday all.

Replies

• pmm7692
    pmm7692 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Excellent work!
  • dlionsmane
    Excellent work!

Thank you kindly
  • drmcglone
    drmcglone Posts: 80 Member
    Just incredible and so very inspiring!!! It has been an honor to be your MFP friend and follow you thru your journey! So very very very pround of you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • dlionsmane
    Just incredible and so very inspiring!!! It has been an honor to be your MFP friend and follow you thru your journey! So very very very pround of you!!! :flowerforyou:

Thank you hon! You have inspired me as well! XO
  • mom2aeris
    mom2aeris Posts: 98 Member
    You look great. :) Way to go!
  • Renneke
    Renneke Posts: 70 Member
    Wow! You have done an amazing job!
  • dlionsmane
    You look great. :) Way to go!

Thank you very much!
  • dlionsmane
    Wow! You have done an amazing job!

Thank you very much!
  • astronut96
    astronut96 Posts: 73 Member
    Awesome work! Very inspiring to me as I am about the same age, stats & history. 2009 is even the year the I fell off the fitness wagon & weight started creeping up until I had put on 40 lbs. I love your attitude as well .... It's the same one that I've been trying to maintain - I don't care how long it takes, I WILL get there!
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    SO SO happy to be friends with you and going thru all this weight loss crap together. :happy: Many, many congratulations on ALL the successes you've had this past year. Many, many. It is a pleasure and an honor to see you log in daily - no matter the injuries, etc. You truly have inspired me to stay the course on those days when I am just over it. Look at how healthy you are! You forgot to mention though that you're BP is SO good now too - healthy! Adding quality years to your life! Just SO darn proud of you!

**edited for typos
  • Daisey4522
    Daisey4522 Posts: 171 Member
    Happy 1 Year MFP Anniversary! You have done an amazing job! Glad we are MFP friends :)

PS - Love the daily chocolate ;)
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Happy loggiversary. You look great!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    You have done such a great job. I am so glad you have put how slow your progress is. I am 5' 4" and am 40 lbs over where I would like to be. I have started 3 weeks ago for the 3rd time here and am determined to keep logging and keep at it even thought it's a slow process. Looking at your year makes me think if I can keep at this I can get it off too by next year if I just keep logging and picking better choices of things to eat. You look wonderful and so healthy and I am sure you feel much better too. Congratulations on all the hard work and now maintain and enjoy life.
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    So awesome!!!!!! :):):)
  • dlionsmane
    Awesome work! Very inspiring to me as I am about the same age, stats & history. 2009 is even the year the I fell off the fitness wagon & weight started creeping up until I had put on 40 lbs. I love your attitude as well .... It's the same one that I've been trying to maintain - I don't care how long it takes, I WILL get there!

Thank you! Just keep going! :flowerforyou:
  • dlionsmane
    SO SO happy to be friends with you and going thru all this weight loss crap together. :happy: Many, many congratulations on ALL the successes you've had this past year. Many, many. It is a pleasure and an honor to see you log in daily - no matter the injuries, etc. You truly have inspired me to stay the course on those days when I am just over it. Look at how healthy you are! You forgot to mention though that you're BP is SO good now too - healthy! Adding quality years to your life! Just SO darn proud of you!

**edited for typos

Thank you hon, that just brought tears to my eyes! You have no idea what your friendship has meant to me!! :flowerforyou: And what an inspiration you have been to me as well! You Rock!!
  • dlionsmane
    Happy 1 Year MFP Anniversary! You have done an amazing job! Glad we are MFP friends :)

PS - Love the daily chocolate ;)

Thank you! It's been a fun ride! The Chocolate keeps me sane!!! :laugh:
  • dlionsmane
    Happy loggiversary. You look great!

Thank you kindly!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Happy MFPsarry!!
    Job well done.
  • dlionsmane
    You have done such a great job. I am so glad you have put how slow your progress is. I am 5' 4" and am 40 lbs over where I would like to be. I have started 3 weeks ago for the 3rd time here and am determined to keep logging and keep at it even thought it's a slow process. Looking at your year makes me think if I can keep at this I can get it off too by next year if I just keep logging and picking better choices of things to eat. You look wonderful and so healthy and I am sure you feel much better too. Congratulations on all the hard work and now maintain and enjoy life.

Thank you so much! Patience and consistency is key to this! Just remember weight loss is not linear and try to have other fitness goals other than a number on the scale. Cuz sometimes we want to just through that damn thing out the window!! Just keep going, and I bet next year at this time you will be so much happier, no matter where you are on the scale!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!