Ladies with big Insanity workout results!! Where yall at?

Replies

• Thank you all! It is a wonderful post.

I am in 2nd week of month 2. My weight didn't drop. I am toned and start to have some definitons on my arms and abs but still feeling a bit discouraged. I have been watching out what i am eating. Eating healthy (1500 recomanded cal intake by Insanity) and 4 or 5 times a day. I don't know what's going on.

I dont have much to loose. I am 47.5 kg, but i am small. Any sugestion will be welcomed.
  • Did you finish 63 days?

I am on the same boat. :(
  • bravo! Well done girl! Congrats!
  • momax12
    momax12 Posts: 1
    Man, I am sooo frustrated. This is my 2nd go at Insanity..my first time was 2 years ago and I had an enormous amount of success. My before and after pics. were awesome and I felt great. I am now 4 months post partum and on my 3rd week of insanity. I kind of had it in my mind that this would for sure work, since it worked so great before. Well, I have gained 5 1/2 lbs. and am so defeated. I want to keep going, but not understanding why I'm putting on the weight instead of dropping it like before. I usually wouldn't care abut the scale, but I'm not fitting into my clothes either, which is a huge indicator for me in weight loss journeys. I have MFP set to 1600 calories a day, is this too high?
    I appreciate any feedback from you all!!
  • jkt89
    jkt89 Posts: 2
    I'm not doing the recommended food in insanity. It felt crazy high. I'm only eating 1200 calories and I feel great.

I'm on week 3, so far I've lost 2.5kg and and I'm not burnt out. I had a hiccup over the weekend (stupid girl hormones from aunt flow) I had bad food and didn't work out so I decided to repeat the entire week 3 again as I felt like it was the right thing to do and as of today I am back at the weight before the fatty explosion.

I'm feeling happy. I'm really enjoying the workouts and it's keeping me positive. I still suck at pushups and some of the movements. My body is like how do you even do out and ins the same as the people on the screen. I wear a heart monitor and I'm only burning between 250-300 calories per exercise. Is this normal?? I can barely move after a workout.
  • I am having the same issue. I am eating well (1460, calculated by insanity nutrition guide) and am already on my 7th week, day 4. Havenºt lost 1 pound. I surely gain muscels because i cam feel them! But stiill i want to see the numbers going down. :( I donºt know waht to do. I will try to finish the program anyway and try something else. good luck!
  • ecr73
    ecr73 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi all,

I managed two weeks of insanity last august for stopped when holidays / life got in the way!

So here i am again. Did the fit test last night and hoping to do first workout this evening. Need to make time though but not always easy with 2 kids, their afterschool activites, work etc etc.

Hoping to a bit trimmer by the summer holidays.:smile:

If anyone is starting a similiar time to me, please feel free to add as a friend to spur each other on :happy:
  • jmek926
    jmek926 Posts: 15 Member
    Looking to start insanity again soon! It kicked my butt last time but I know I will get results from it in the long run. Only stopped last time because of a business trip. Friend me! Looking for motivation!
  • kristanvdub
    kristanvdub Posts: 50 Member
    Just started Insanity last week :) I'm really enjoying it so far. I was doing ZWOWs for about six months but I wanted to try Insanity to see if I could do it. It's been hard but I'm doing it :)
  • SteshaNicole
    SteshaNicole Posts: 42 Member
    My cousin and I faithfully completed month 1 but never managed to do month 2. I'll be honest, it will kick your butt and then you will have the save love/hate relationship that I have with my boy, Shaun T. :) It works and you can see immediate results but you will think you are dying while doing it. It will be the longest workout of your life and you will sweat your butt off but it's totally worth it. I lost inches right away. I'm actually starting the Hip Hop Abs again this week to work up to the Insanity program that I want to start hopefully next week. Anyone else out there fixing to start soon? Feel free to add me as a friend and we can encourage each other with advice and encouragement. God knows we will need it when Shaun T. starts yelling: Let's gooooooooooooooo!
  • SteshaNicole
    You will eat alot if you stick with their food program but, believe me, you will need the energy. You burn it all off and then some. I did month 1 previously and it does work. It's super hard but it works. If you would like to add me we can all encourage each other. :)
  • SteshaNicole
  • SteshaNicole
    Hey there folks! I've been thinking of giving insanity a try but I'm way overweight. Is that ok? Also do you work through being sore? How do you handle that? In employed right now so figuring its a good time to do this sort of thing! Any tips/advice is appreciated!

I was 207 when I started, I'm 5'7". I have a full time job, 2 toddlers, I'm married and help take care of my sick mom. If I could find the time and energy to do it, anyone can! If you're feeling sore just get up and take a brisk walk around the block, that will get your blood flowing and your muscles primed. Insanity has an awesome warm up and stretches built into each workout, I didn't get very sore until month 2 then it lasted maybe 2 days, I just pushed through it.
    Here's the link to my Insanity pics.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1038467-i-completed-insanity

thank you for that I have been tossing around the idea of giving insanity a try but i wasn't sure I could hack it with my weight and three small ones but I think it is possible after reading your post! Thanks!

I'm in the same boat...Married, 2 small boys, work FT but managed to pull through somehow. It's the best workout but it's tough. It may take a few tries to get going and stick with it but give it a try. You will never know unless you try. It definitely works!
  • aprilshowers262
    aprilshowers262 Posts: 96 Member
    I'm now in the middle of my third week. One way I've found to stay motivated is that I've taken the challenge to Facebook. I report every day of the completion of my workout and every rest day I do a video for my family and friends, detailing how that week felt and my results. It really helps to know that so many people are watching my progress and commenting and urging me on. I'm determined to finally have the body I've always wanted. Some days are harder than others (motivation-wise) but it's only 40 minutes of intensity a day which could finally take me to a place in fitness that I've always wanted to be so...it's worth it. My results so far, aren't much (a loss of 3.25 inches total). My stomach has certainly gone down and I have a two and a half pack of abs. lol. My arms are toned and I'm told my upper body is slimmer, though, out of my entire body, that was the one place that I thought looked fine to begin with. My thighs are definitely harder although the circumference is still the same. My goal is to wear a summer dress and not have my bare inner thighs rub together. I'm a very curvy woman - butt, thighs, hips and breasts. In one month, I will be undergoing surgery to have the latter reduced which (once I heal) will help with my workouts a great deal. Any large busted woman who is doing this workout knows how hard it is to do the high knees or butt kicks without practically getting smacked in the face with your boobs. lol. Once I have the reduction, I will even get to see that two and half pack I mentioned (which I hope will at least be a four pack by then). :tongue:

I feel good inside doing Insanity. I'm proud of myself for sticking with it. I like that it's become routine and I find I miss it on my rest days. I feel so motivated right now and that's an amazing feeling. I'm not one for high self-esteem so I hope that not only do I get my dream body but that I actually like what I see in the mirror....and maybe someone out there, of the opposite sex, likes it too and is drawn to my new-found positivity and pride. The next few months are devoted to me and me alone. Who knows what will happen at the end of it. :wink:
  • I'm almost finished with my second week. I can't wait to see my end results and compare my before picture. I haven't lost any weight either. I have done really well tracking my calories, I need to do better on the weekend though. I eat to much over the weekend and I think it really kills my progress. I am definitely toning up, but I would like to lose 9 or more pounds
  • jkt89
    jkt89 Posts: 2
    I'm in the middle of week four and I've lost 4.5kgs since I started and 10 inches since I did my measures on day 14. I wish i did them to begin with just to see the difference but 10 inches is also pretty good! I lost nearly 2kgs this week which i'm super happy about. It has been so hard getting to week 4. Had a hiccup in the middle and lost the motivation but I'm proud of myself that I got back into it and repeated the 3rd week.

I really look forward to crossing off the days on the calendar. That is keeping me motivated. I don't think I've ever stuck to a program before and this program is a tough one. I'm getting better at the pushups and my body is finally able to do the bloody out and in movements during pylo cardio circuit. Which for me is awesome. I could barely move during that part in the first 3 weeks.

I keep hearing about month 2 and how hard it is. Anyone else close to starting month 2? I have recovery week starting on Monday. Any advice would be great.

Feel free to add me for motivation even if you are not at the same point as me.
  • ccrams2
    ccrams2 Posts: 18 Member
    I did Insanity last year along with The Shred Diet by Dr. Ian Smith and lost 23lbs and a lot of inches in about five weeks. That was just doing the first month and the week long "break" in between. It's very possible to shed pounds and inches doing insanity if you stick with it and have healthy eating habits. Needless to say, I stopped doing both and have gained all the weight back. Next week starts the T25/Insanity Hybrid! Good luck to everyone!!
  • mlizzi88
    mlizzi88 Posts: 12 Member
    So... I got LASIK surgery on Thursday and had to put my Insanity program on pause which I'm slightly bummed about but proper healing comes first. I'm trying to decide if I just want to repeat week 3 (the week I only got to do half of) or just start from the beginning again. Thoughts? It's officially been 4 days with no insanity.... and will probably be another day or two before I'm allowed to do "intense" exercise.
  • CCSavage88
    CCSavage88 Posts: 191
    Muscle tone was a lot better but personally my scale really didn't budge at all!...You have to be pretty fit to try this, it's going to kick your BUTT!...Invest in a heart rate monitor that will constantly keep track, he will remind you to keep checking for "healthy heart rate" it's very easy to over do it but DON'T give up when it gets hard or you get sore. & I REALLY would recommend checking with your physician before starting this, it is a VERY taxing and heart stress test would be ideal, it really is that intense for someone who isn't used to high intensity cardio. Just KEEP PUSHIN!(in my Shawn T voice)
  • My scale didn't budge either. But gained muscles for sure. I can feel them.

Muscle tone was a lot better but personally my scale really didn't budge at all!...You have to be pretty fit to try this, it's going to kick your BUTT!...Invest in a heart rate monitor that will constantly keep track, he will remind you to keep checking for "healthy heart rate" it's very easy to over do it but DON'T give up when it gets hard or you get sore. & I REALLY would recommend checking with your physician before starting this, it is a VERY taxing and heart stress test would be ideal, it really is that intense for someone who isn't used to high intensity cardio. Just KEEP PUSHIN!(in my Shawn T voice)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!